Daw a possible target?

MrReims

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

This idea cannot be real

Did i take LSD last night??

Wow Let's trade our young midfield players for Majak Daw...

Yeah right. A guy who plays one game a year for one quarter...

In answer to the first sentence:

Not out of the question.

At a guess.

Drop some more and open the Daws of perception , man...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Skuit said:

The Pies need a half-back or two due to injury while we're fairly flush in this regard and could do with a forward who can ruck. Maybe we could sort a three-way deal for Lumumba to Collingwood, Varcoe to Geelong, and Clarke to us in return?

Hilarious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skuit said:

The Pies need a half-back or two due to injury while we're fairly flush in this regard and could do with a forward who can ruck. Maybe we could sort a three-way deal for Lumumba to Collingwood, Varcoe to Geelong, and Clarke to us in return?

Has merit, why not....

3 hours ago, Skuit said:

There's some truth to this rumour, but I heard the Dee's baulked at the offer and demanded Blease be packaged in with Clark.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ManDee said:

How about this, a forward/ruckman 200cm 103kg out of contact at the end of the season, has some form, Mitch Clark. Howls of derision anyone? He'd be cheap.

I feel depressed.

I'll show myself the daw.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:42 PM, RedLegs23 said:

Was up in Sydney with Taylor Garners brother all weekend, good mate of mine. Said Majak caught up with Dee's officials 2 weeks ago.

Daw is not a natural footballer and I'd rather a project player from USA or better still China, could be a marketing tool

Daw can play regardless of what the popular vote on here is. No he's never going to be a star of the game but I believe he will become a handy player at another club next year. I find it amusing how much flack The Daw cops on here from posters, some of those same posters then go on to state in another thread that his namesake is almost ready to come back into our side. I made a call about this time last year that we should go after him, and I said at the time shouldn't be considered a long term prospect for us initially but more as a stop gap for 1-2 years until we find someone else, and that he would be a better forward marking option/2nd ruck than either of Dawes or Pedo (what a bloody concept), and he would of cost us jack all. As we know we went on to draft The Weed and Hulett, and I think everyone is happy about the way they are developing and the way the club has handled them, Daw would of been the ideal player (in terms of cost to trade for/his wage) to fill the gap until they are ready.  

Edited by Bombay Airconditioning
  • Like 2

Its not 100%germain to the post but couldn't be bothered to start a new one.

How is the other Max....Max king progressing?

Is he injured? How far off to playing senior?

Will he be the second ruck/ forward

I'm with Bombay here, he has plenty of upside, 25 years, basement value, once kicked six against the dogs, and with our prospects still raw would be a good backup for Maximus on a 1-2year contract. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 3Dee said:

I'm with Bombay here, he has plenty of upside, 25 years, basement value, once kicked six against the dogs, and with our prospects still raw would be a good backup for Maximus on a 1-2year contract. 

For those knocking him take a look and then tell yourself you would rather Dawes/Pedo for two years.

If anyone wants to bring up his easy miss against the Bombers two weeks ago can we also discuss Hogan and Petracca. 

Also worth looking at was round 23 against Richmond last year.

Dont worry guys Dawes will be back shortly and he can bring the ball to ground for our smalls.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

For those knocking him take a look and then tell yourself you would rather Dawes/Pedo for two years.

If anyone wants to bring up his easy miss against the Bombers two weeks ago can we also discuss Hogan and Petracca. 

Dont worry guys Dawes will be back shortly and he can bring the ball to ground for our smalls.

Weideman & Hullett thanks 'Bombay'...

Just now, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Nice, condescending finish from you there BA.  Well done.

Outside of his 6 goals, what has Majak done to show that he is ready to consistently be a forward/ruckman in an AFL side?  The Norf supporters I know constantly knock him and say how his tank is horrible and he never gets to enough contests.  He goes missing in games and doesn't have too much impact.  If he was THAT good then he would have pushed someone out of their side by now, but they brought in Waite and Ben Brown went straight past him in the pecking order.

Not worth it IMO.  Not enough quality for us going forward.

13 minutes ago, rjay said:

Weideman & Hullett thanks 'Bombay'...

Agreed R-Jay but for once we (the club) are doing the right thing by letting the pair develop at Casey. Until they are ready I believe we would of been better served by Daw rather than Pedo or Dawes.

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Nice, condescending finish from you there BA.  Well done.

Outside of his 6 goals, what has Majak done to show that he is ready to consistently be a forward/ruckman in an AFL side?  The Norf supporters I know constantly knock him and say how his tank is horrible and he never gets to enough contests.  He goes missing in games and doesn't have too much impact.  If he was THAT good then he would have pushed someone out of their side by now, but they brought in Waite and Ben Brown went straight past him in the pecking order.

Not worth it IMO.  Not enough quality for us going forward.

What's he done?? He took his chances I thought against Essendon two weeks ago as well as rd 23 against the Tigers last year. We don't have a Brown or a Waite, we have Pedo and Dawes and he would go past them until....and it's not about "enough quality going forward" it's about holding the fort until The Weed and or Hulett are ready. As I stated 7 posts earlier he shouldn't be seen as the answer or the future but simply a better option than Dawes or Pedo while the other two develop.

Daw will be at another club next year and prove many people wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Agreed R-Jay but for once we (the club) are doing the right thing by letting the pair develop at Casey. Until they are ready I believe we would of been better served by Daw rather than Pedo or Dawes.

What's he done?? He took his chances I thought against Essendon two weeks ago as well as rd 23 against the Tigers last year. We don't have a Brown or a Waite, we have Pedo and Dawes and he would go past them until....and it's not about "enough quality going forward" it's about holding the fort until The Weed and or Hulett are ready. As I stated 7 posts earlier he shouldn't be seen as the answer or the future but simply a better option than Dawes or Pedo while the other two develop.

Daw will be at another club next year and prove many people wrong.

If he is not the answer, nor the future, then he isn't worth recruiting.  He won't do any better than Dawes or Pedo, he'll probably just do much of the same job really.

• Like 1

Just so people don't forget.

Spencer was only given a one-year deal.

Which basically says to me that as soon as we land someone who offers more than being able to eat five parma's in one sitting, he'll be gone.

Daw is not the answer, for the hundredth time. But I'd have him over Spencer on any given day for a third or fourth rounder.

Gawn has shown just how difficult he can be to match-up on as a forward and I firmly believe that if we wish for him to continue playing consistent football for entire seasons at our club, he is going to need a helluva lot more support than the odd Pedo/Watts cameo in the ruck. He has had three knee oppos and is the second tallest ruckman in the league and not far from the heaviest either I would imagine. The club would be well aware of this and I think as soon as we get someone in who can also provide a genuine forward target and can kick goals, we'll see a double-team situation in which Gawn will have more periods forward.

Would love a quality forward/ruckman. But Daw is better than what we currently have and will provide further support whilst the Kings continue developing their bodies and footy at VFL.

Ben Brown, Mason Cox, Mike Pike... It'll click for Daw at some stage.

4 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Everyone looks good in their highlights package.

That's why it's called highlights.

Can you show me Dawes then since he arrived at the club?

How many games has he influenced besides the one against Adelaide?