Paul Roos on the footy show tonight

dees189227

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Bring on the old footy show curse.

Bec Maddern will ask sensible questions.
Brayshaw will probably link in the North game.
Newman won't offer much.

Anyway, always good to have the club get some publicity. 

Not sure why a TV or radio network hasn't signed up Max Gawn to a regular gig yet. Possibly the funniest bloke in footy and gives good opinions on the game as well.

happy for MFC players not to go on that piece of TV tripe and have to play along with the idiots who are all too familiar. it does nothing for the player or the club, just used as bait for cheap laughs, ridicule and foolishness. would be happy for club to keep players well away from the pig trough that is the footy show. max gawn may be funny but he would be made to look foolish and any good opinions that he may have would not get any air time. that he plays good footy for us each weekend is enough for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doc roet said:

I've noticed his interviews have got a little more serious of late,although the larrikin is still there.i,m sure ready to be unleashed.whenever.

I recall from somewhere he was asked to tone it down.

I'm 188cm,and stood next to him at Casey,huge,fit looking bloke-- I like the way he always has his

mouth open when going for taps.Big beard with a hole in it.

probably trying to clear bits of beard and other detritus from his throat. real life hipster problem

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Brendon Bolton, Luke Beveridge, Ross Lyon and Kenny Hinkley are all good to listen to, but I don't believe a word that comes out of their mouth. Occasionally Rocket Eade is good to hear from. Bucks speaks super well. Chris Scott has a good sense of humour.

Al Clarkson is really the only coach who I try to pay attention to, as he's the best coach in the league by the length of the Flemington straight, but even then he's very good at not answering the questions and telling people what they expect to hear. 

I'm not sure there's a coach of a losing side who's truthful and engaging and not just because they are either fighting with the media or telling jokes. Rightly or wrongly coaches can't say anything critical of the players, assistant coaches, other staff or even fans without copping it these days. And if they blame themselves then that's a problem as well. So all we get is not stop talk of structures and process.

No coach worth his salt Is going to give away any critical tricks of the trade. They speak In tongues and generalisations.

Bucks Is about the only coach that gives a few clues away from time to time. Have much respect for this bloke even though his voice lulls me to sleep at times.

Gee wizz ... we're pulling out the cannons to announce Traccs in for his first game (or possibly just cos it's Anzac day game and stuff) ...but I'll go with the big announcement instead!

3 hours ago, jako13 said:

Gee wizz ... we're pulling out the cannons to announce Traccs in for his first game (or possibly just cos it's Anzac day game and stuff) ...but I'll go with the big announcement instead!

Would have been stitched up weeks ago for Anzac Eve reasons.

Did not watch, can anyone give a run down. I'm sure it was hard hitting amazing television. 

Didn't say much interesting. Petracca "probably won't play" but it all depends on Garlett.

Is going to Hawaii at the end of the season, won't be coaching next year.

Wants the Anzac Eve fixture permanently for Dees and Tigers.

Doesn't care how stupid Gawn's beard looks if he keeps playing like he is.

Oliver being rested because Angus showed them last year that overplaying kids is a bad idea.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

If anything it would be even harder for me to watch, I'd feel embarrassed for Roos. He's always a professional and Newman will be doing his best to bring down the club and insult him. The audience will laugh and find it funny because they're idiots. 

Pauline Roos?

Dead on, the Footy Show, of whatever code is pathetic. I just don't understand why clubs give it oxygen by allowing players and officials to participate.

I am a bit surprised at how the general tone of the football world seems to have changed in the last month.

Not long ago people ( that includes the football media) used to talk about us in tones that were either completely dismissive, or tones that suggested sympathy for our "patheticness" (my invented word)

Geez its changed lately......... Now serious commentators seem to talk about us with a mixture of surprise and genuine hope.

If we beat the Tiges, and my tip is that we will ( yeah im usually a pessimistic bastard i know ), the tone will change again to " these Dees are the real deal, yes or no ?"

I am gonna PM a certain poster on here for direction on how to properly [censored] oneself if (when) we win on Sunday.

• Like 1

Why the $?;:k do people still watch that bogan purile, pull your pood footy show? Brain dead tv with washed up knobs telling schoolboy jokes!

If you admit to watching that then you need to broaden your life experience......seriously!!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Soidee said:

Why the $?;:k do people still watch that bogan purile, pull your pood footy show? Brain dead tv with washed up knobs telling schoolboy jokes!

If you admit to watching that then you need to broaden your life experience......seriously!!!!

Actually wasn't too bad today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

The Footy Show is garbage television, plain and simple. The only reason it rates is because Australia is full of braindead morons.

It's easy to romanticise the rest of the world when it's so far away, hey mate

4 minutes ago, Jesus Hoganshaw said:

It's easy to romanticise the rest of the world when it's so far away, hey mate

Let's not mince words, the human race is filled to the brim with morons, not just Australia. We're just luckier than most other countries (and I've travelled enough to know).

Edited by SaberFang
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

everyone who watched it will claim they didn't (just like you)

Is it so hard to believe that people don't watch that sh!t?

57 minutes ago, ding said:

If we beat the Tiges, and my tip is that we will ( yeah im usually a pessimistic bastard i know ), the tone will change again to " these Dees are the real deal, yes or no ?

No, they'll take it as meaning that the Tiges are useless and on track for the spoon.

If we knock over St Kilda, maybe.

If we knock over the Dogs, they'll definitely sit up and take notice.

The one really big thing he said was that Petracca would only play if Garlett doesn't come up, but the club is expecting Jeffy to play, but he's the 23rd man, he's next in line if there is an injury or form drop off.

Gee, that ankle of Garletts seems a bit unpredictable, maybe we should just be sure of it by testing it out under a little less pressure, at Casey. ;)

But more seriously, how much is this process the opposite of a certain disappointing recent era.

"Yeah, he might play, he's on the cusp, but there's no-one we're keen to cut to make way and there's some others doing just as well at Casey"

Vs

"OMG!!11!! Gotta come see this kid he's gonna change our club and be a star and gee what a high draft pick woooooo woooooo come to the game suckers!"