NATIONAL DRAFT PICKS 3 & 7

Lucifers Hero

Rightly or wrongly, I have been criticised for my comments about Mahoney. So because my cred on DL is important to me I have gone back thru my posts mentioning him. They have been positive, neutral or supportive. One comment that offended some (not you) was when I said I would like him and Roos to stop saying we ‘are not a destination club' because even if true it talks the club down. I still hold that view. But, if you think that is 'anti-Mahoney' I put my hand up.

Back on topic. The Age has reported Mahoney as saying: "It was an important deal. We've had a strategy of the last few years, we wanted to add two players in the top 10. We want to make the most of the time we're down the end of the ladder. We don't plan to be down here for too long."

This is a strategy that has been held close inside the club. Love the 'no leaks' it reflects. Also, love the optimism of the last line. :rolleyes:

Yep agree 9 years is not long at all!

Edited by DemonOX

I like the deal. Il put my hand up and say i questioned Mahoney and our department but to be able to add two top 10 talent is a massive win! Add that to one Christian Petracca who is yet to debut..

Wowee.. where are all the other fkers who critical of Mahoney!? Time to take your slice of humble pie.

• Like 3

No he isn't. Just out of contract end of the season.

So he can just nominate us next yr and they take what we give or he goes to the PSD.

He can be like all the other players nominating a club, I like it.

Would be nice to be on the "other side" of things for a change!

• Like 1

I like the deal. Il put my hand up and say i questioned Mahoney and our department but to be able to add two top 10 talent is a massive win! Add that to one Christian Petracca who is yet to debut..

Wowee.. where are all the other fkers who critical of Mahoney!? Time to take your slice of humble pie.

I was disappointed with what had happened to date but didn't go at Mahoney as such.

Always happy to admit I was wrong, I have good practice at it as I'm married!!

• Like 1

Just received this text message from my mate who works at the Falcons (where Parish plays), who also just so happens to be a mad bombers supporter:

"YOU [censored]! You have stolen Parish from us. Melbourne must have been onto this for a long time ago, they must have known they were going to trade to get an earlier pick hence why Goodwin was all over Parish and the Falcons (saw him in the rooms regularly). You now have secured the best 3 midfielders in the TAC Cup from the past two years, plus the best forward. No excuses for your team now."

• Like 35

Just received this text message from my mate who works at the Falcons (where Parish plays), who also just so happens to be a mad bombers supporter:

"YOU [censored]! You have stolen Parish from us. Melbourne must have been onto this for a long time ago, they must have known they were going to trade tp get an earlier pick hence why goodwill was all over Parish and the Falcons (saw him in the rooms regularly). You now have secured the best 3 midfielders in the TAC Cup from the past two years, plus the best forward. No excuses for your team now."

Where's the "I like it a lot" button?

• Like 1

We've got better scouts and a better development system in place than we used to. Sure, it's still a lottery, but I feel confident backing the club's decisions at the moment.

Kel O was at the club before mark neeld.

So we trade a future first rounder so we have 2 picks in the top 10 in the weakest draft in a decade well played, .

That's right - on the face of it this looks like a good win. But if next year turns out to be a superdraft and this year we get another Sylvia/McLean deal it will look like a disaster.

On the one hand well done for getting the early pick which we obviously have a player in mind for (as well as another top 10 pick though may have been better swapping next years first rounders?) on the other hand I'll reserve judgment at this stage.

I was disappointed with what had happened to date but didn't go at Mahoney as such.

Always happy to admit I was wrong, I have good practice at it as I'm married!!

gee, its amazing what a bit of news can do for your spirit.

I just got an instant lift, just reading this news.

• Like 3