Buddy's mental health issue

jnrmac

The AGE reporting that Buddy is out of the weekend final series and possible all of the finals with an undisclosed and ongoing mental health issue.

We shouldn't speculate as to what that means but it would frustrating when your star player can't play and is not pysically injured.....

How's that 10y deal looking now??

I'm not going to reveal what it is, but it is an issue that the club knew about when they signed him. He has been upfront and it shouldn't impact him on an extended basis over the remainder of his career.

It's not drugs.

Believe me or don't believe me, up to you. But its a quality source.

• Like 3

How many strikes is that now?

Has allegedly already struck out before.

Whether he actually did or not, I guess we won't know.

I think Franklin underestimated his support structure in Melbourne, the Hawks guys appeared to really rally around him.

He is a bit isolated in Sydney. I never thought he should've left Hawthorn, it was a mistake, based on money, but without your health - money is irrelevant.

• Like 2

Has allegedly already struck out before.

Whether he actually did or not, I guess we won't know.

I think Franklin underestimated his support structure in Melbourne, the Hawks guys appeared to really rally around him.

He is a bit isolated in Sydney. I never thought he should've left Hawthorn, it was a mistake, based on money, but without your health - money is irrelevant.

I think you underestimate the Swans culture and the respect his teammates have for him.

I think you underestimate the Swans culture and the respect his teammates have for him.

Perhaps. But when all your friends are back in Melbourne, regardless of the Swans culture, he could still feel very isolated.

Franklin was close to Rioli, Roughead and Gibson. I would only be speculating, I think it is anxiety related.

But regardless, I think most people wish Franklin the best. He is much loved.

No fan of Franklin's, but know too many people who battle various forms of mental health issues.

Whether we know it or not, most of us will know someone battling personal demons.

Don't wish that unhappiness on anyone.

Be well Buddy.

• Like 11

must be just me....am full of indifference

• Like 3

I'm not going to reveal what it is, but it is an issue that the club knew about when they signed him. He has been upfront and it shouldn't impact him on an extended basis over the remainder of his career.

It's not drugs.

Believe me or don't believe me, up to you. But its a quality source.

So, Sydney agreed to a multi-year, multi-million dollar contact in the full knowledge of this problem. That suggests to me that the issue is resolvable and perhaps just one of unfortunate timing.

(The alternative explanation that Sydney are idiots doesn't match with their consistently smart decision making.)

Mitch Clark Mark 2?

Interesting isn't it.

Big contracts, big pressure to perform, unrelated injuries increases the pressure and bam, exasperated mental health condition.

I watched part 1 of the Dan Menzel doco last week. It showed him struggling with depression through his 4 knee recos. Incredible story.

• Like 3

Everyone.....be warned with the nature of posts which allude to other scenarios which may have no foundation in fact.

A number of posts have been deleted as a result.

The operators of this site do not wish for any legal ramifications, and would be forced to identify YOU should make such assertions, and legal action results.

• Like 3

Biff, you're one of my favourite posters, but please don't devalue this.

Thanks Choke ,no slur on him ,but I reckon there is more to it.

He is so blessed with looks,money ,talent,youth,love and support that I reckon he might just pull through.

I've always liked him.

It might just be a very naughty boy having a good look in the mirror.

Hopefully.

I'm guessing he is 27-which is the year for it in my experience.