Harley Bennell

GawnWithTheWind

That's a pretty dim view you

have of Australian society.

Pretty anecdotal, but all the guys I know that earn even over $150k (I'm 28, as are they) dabble in recreational drugs. Imagine what they'd do with $350k a year.

As I told you I see a lot of it. However the drug and alcohol experts keep statistics and it's not as widespread as you might think. Except in the circles you move in obviously. And being widespread does not make it acceptable or right behaviour.

We're talking the 18-30 demographic. It's rampant. Just because people don't come into emergency, doesn't mean it isn't rampant.

• Like 3

Knocking a cigarette out of a bouncers hand in the Gold Coast ,in his free time, just shows his commitment to fitness.

`

• Like 19

Bennell has bigger problems than alcohol and weed.

When Guy McKenna comes out and says that GC will derive the benefit of a pick 2 - with Bennell gone - that should tell everyone where its at.

But, McKenna still has to take some responsibility, because GC did not do their homework. Bennell has been a naughty boy for quite some time.

Matt Lloyd says the same KDA, had to send him home from an U17 international series in Ireland and said he wouldn't touch him with a bargepole

• Like 1

Are you kidding?

ETOH, THC, LSD, amphetamines, cocaine.....Australians love drugs and use them lots. And most people have no objections to using drugs. I cannot tell you the number of tradies, builders, concreters etc that I've come across on gear of one sort or another. Massive feature of "ordinary aussie" lifestyle. Massive.

oh, that makes sense. always thought machsy must be a tradie

Unsure if this has been mentioned but from a Herald Sun article tonight.

It is understood Bennell would be happy to go to Melbourne given he rates Melbourne coach Paul Roos.

“He’s a super talented player,” Dees coach Paul Roos told Fox Footy’s AFL 360 on Monday night.

“We’re a young football club that needs talent, but you’d need to be certain bringing him into any club. It’s a difficult question to answer.”

Edited by big_red_fire_engine
  • Like 9

It is understood Bennell would be happy to go to Melbourne given he rates Melbourne coach Paul Roos.

“He’s a super talented player,” Dees coach Paul Roos told Fox Footy’s AFL 360 on Monday night.

“We’re a young football club that needs talent, but you’d need to be certain bringing him into any club. It’s a difficult question to answer.”

Love it. He'd be amazing.

• Like 1

Oh boy. Like the sound of that. A lot!

• Like 2

I'm not geeting my hopes purely on the basis that Hun are all over the place. The other day they reported we ruled him out now its written that we might be a chance.

So i take it with a grain of salt.

MAKE IT HAPPEN ROOSY!!!!

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 5

I'm not geeting my hopes purely on the basis that Hun are all over the place. The other day they reported we ruled him out now its written that we might be a chance.

So i take it with a grain of salt.

MAKE IT HAPPEN ROOSY!!!!

To be honest, IF the club want him, they're playing it perfectly. The less we act like we want him, but maneuver ourselves behind the scenes to convince him to join us, the less we have to pay for him. Pretty simple.

Unlike the imbecilic other clubs showing their hand already. If they come out and say they really want him, suddenly he has more currency.

• Like 2

I wonder if recruiting him would hinder our attempts to get Prestia or O'meara...

Dion will come home eventually. If he loves the club, one player won't get in his way.

My ideal off season is getting Prestia and Bennell. Of course, I'd love to get someone with elite kicking for half back, but these two blokes will immediately lift us to between 10th and 8th.

THE BEST 22:

Jetta Frost Dunn

Vince McDonald Salem

Watts Prestia Bennell

Kent Pedersen Brayshaw

Petracca Hogan Garlett

Gawn Jones Viney

Tyson, Vanders, Stretch, ANB/Harmes/Trengove/Lumumba

At full strength, with some confidence, that team could beat anyone. That's a pretty deep midfield too - Vince, Salem, Prestia, Bennell, Brayshaw, Petracca, Garlett, Jones, Viney, Tyson and Vanders.

• Like 3

I'm indifferent on this. He's a talented player but has lots of baggage.

Does the MFC have the requirement for a player like him at this point in time?

Debatable.

• Like 1

I'm indifferent on this. He's a talented player but has lots of baggage.

Does the MFC have the requirement for a player like him at this point in time?

Debatable.

If the club go for him, they obviously think they do and that they can handle him. I'll back them on this.

Dion will come home eventually. If he loves the club, one player won't get in his way.

My ideal off season is getting Prestia and Bennell. Of course, I'd love to get someone with elite kicking for half back, but these two blokes will immediately lift us to between 10th and 8th.

THE BEST 22:

Jetta Frost Dunn

Vince McDonald Salem

Watts Prestia Bennell

Kent Pedersen Brayshaw

Petracca Hogan Garlett

Gawn Jones Viney

At full strength, with some confidence, that team could beat anyone. That's a pretty deep midfield too - Vince, Salem, Prestia, Bennell, Brayshaw, Petracca, Garlett, Jones, Viney, Tyson and Vanders.

Geez, you're a hard task master, wanting elite kicking for half back when your squad already has Vinca and Salem there

• Like 3

If the club go for him, they obviously think they do and that they can handle him. I'll back them on this.

Myself as well however, the backfire could be enormous if we cough up too much to make it happen in the first place.

Geez, you're a hard task master, wanting elite kicking for half back when your squad already has Vinca and Salem there

Haha, yeah, I'd be very happy with Vince and Salem off half back, with Dunn in there as well. Getting Bennell and Prestia would allow us to release Bernie to play off half back though, which would be dangerous for opposition teams. I'd give Bernie plenty of time in the middle as well though.

Myself as well however, the backfire could be enormous if we cough up too much to make it happen in the first place.

I'll trust them here as well, mate. I have a feeling our FD'll work some magic this off season (and they need to).

THE BEST 22:

Jetta Frost Dunn

Vince McDonald Salem

Watts Prestia Bennell

Kent Pedersen Brayshaw

Petracca Hogan Garlett

Gawn Jones Viney

I am assuming that your team assumes that we traded Howe for Prestia?

Dont know if this has been reported but from afl.com - I'm not convinced I want to spend 6 on him now, especially considering that they want Howe. He is what we need though - no denying that. And the no [censored] policy went out the window and worked to the tune of 40 goals last year. My addition to this is that he has made it this long in the system. He clearly wants to play afl football or he wouldn't have lasted this long as we have seen with other players. GC / GWS must have been terrible environments to be in (not unlike the MFC). Maybe with the right support, and not being whipped from pillar to post each weekend - things might look up for Harley.

One list manager says despite losing the whip hand, the Suns could still demand a late first-round pick.

There is also a school of thought that clubs would trade a top-10 pick in exchange for Bennell and one of Gold Coast's later picks.

It currently has an end-of-first-round compensation pick and one early in the second round.