how many more wins?

Ted Lasso

I think Carlton, and maybe GWS. Can't see us getting over the dogs again. Hopeful of beating the Roos, sick of them knocking us off year after year.

• Like 2

8 or 9 I guess - but I don't agree with you SPR that anyone will be 'silenced'. It will mean our second year of improvemnt having reached the lowest depths. There is still so much to do to get us into a position to be threatening for a flag, which is the only thing matters. 8 or 9 wins this year and it's well done Roosy and everyone else BUT in no way is the job anywhere near done.Finals next year and we've earned a little backslapping.

The optimism always returns to Demonland after a win. Carlton and one of the others would leave me content. I'd say beating the Dogs at Etihad is unlikely, they're pretty much unbeaten there this year from memory. I give us a sneaky chance against North, a tiny sneaky one against the Dockers, and likewise GWS (they seem to match up well on us and on our bogey ground).

Next year will be a big test for the club. Internally, we expect to make the 8. It won't be easy to meet those expectations.

We HAVE to beat Carlton. No excuses there. That would give us 7 wins which is good improvement, although if we can sneak one more win and get 8 then we've doubled our wins from last year and the players head into the pre-season with confidence.

• Like 8

We have to be a sneaky against Freo dont we? So many clubs have pushed them lately. Its a pity we dont seem to travel well, and we havent won in the west since i dont know when. But we have now seen the demons come to play more than a few times this year. The players will be starting to realize what they can achieve as a group. Momentum, momentum. Im fascinated to see what next week brings.

Either 1-2, realistically. Another team (out of finals contention) after a big win could probably win 4/5 to finish their season off the back of momentum, but we aren't like that.

8 wins would definitely be a pass from here, 9 would be excellent as it'd mark our most wins in as many years.

WE NEED TO WIN 2 IN A ROW THOUGH

We'll beat Carlton (surely?!), GWS is a 50/50 and an even better chance if they can't make finals. Dogs are too slick at Etihad, won't beat Freo in Perth....and not super confident against North but I reckon we're a chance if we put some heat on them. 8 wins is what I'm after, 9 is a bonus.

We can definitely lose to Carlton if we don't turn up with the right attitude.

It's the same "oh, we can't lose to Essendon," and "oh, we'll make amends for our last loss against the Saints" mentality that led to those two losses.

• Like 5

I reckon we can beat carlton, the dogs and the giants if all goes to plan, 9 wins would silence alot of people.

I agree, mate. If all goes to plan is the operative phrase though. Not everything will go to plan. I'd hope we can get two more wins. At the very least, we should certainly win one more from here on out. If we won three, I'd be over the moon. We're sitting on about a B- for the year so far. Two more wins would get us up to an A- and a third win would mean we'd exceeded expectations and obviously it'd be A+. Really hoping we can break some hoodoos over the next month and a bit.

Well, we can safely lock in pick #5 or #6 for our first rounder. Essendon and Brisbane are clearly stealth tanking (to make amends for draft sanctions and to guarantee a priority pick, respectively). Carlton are simply abysmal and Gold Coast can't win without Ablett.

Edited by Lamashtu

I also think it's relevant that stkilda has probably the hardest run home. I don't think they will win another game. Maybe 1 at best. One more win and we will move up another spot. I don't think we can move up 2 spots though which is important with the fixturing for next year. We get an easier fixture by finishing bottom 6.

• Like 2

Today it is back to reality the pies had a poor side in and had not won for five weeks.

Saturday's victory was against a side similar to ourselves four of the last five are against sides that will play finals.

Much tougher sides than the push overs we have had trouble with over the last month.

One more in Carlton and perhaps GWS if they are spent by years end will give us seven / eight for the year.

That is all I am afraid we simply ain't that good yet.

• Like 4

If we can find a way to remain competitive I'd be happy if we finish the season on 7 wins. Massive improvement on past years.

I'd love to sneak 8 or 9 (especially if one of them was north this week), and to me 8-9 would put us in the "exceed realistic expectations" category for the season. Yes i know we lost games we shouldn't have, and could have had 10, but at the start of the year you'd have taken 9 wins and 85% if it was on offer.

Edited by deanox
  • Like 2

This is Melb....who the f... knows. Cant beat teams we should and show up for games we probably thought a loss.

More ups and downs than Luna Park.

Im making NO predictions for this lot. Suprised the stewards aren't makibg enquiries :rolleyes:

If we win others...it's just a thankyou from me

No expectations

If we are to win only one more I would love to beat North. It is a team I really loathe.

Can't forget the ridiculous Ben Brown debut against us last year.

Maybe Dawes can knock him out when they are both doing ruck work.

Maybe the team can 'hunt' him like they did Pendlebury on Saturday.

As and aside I'm loving the 'unsociable' football we are playing in the midfield.

Vince, Viney, Vandenberg, Jones all up for a bit of a stoush :cool:

We should beat Carlton, but we should have beaten Essendon and St Kilda - we are capable of losing to Carlton.

We can also beat North and GWS, but those games will depend on whether we play for 100% of the game or not.

We won't beat Fremantle and I don't see us troubling the Dogs at Etihad.

• Like 2

Likely wins:

- Carlton

Possible wins:

- North - we beat the teams that take us for granted (and it is at the 'G')

- Bulldogs - we can beat them again

- GWS - four quarter effort can beat them this time. We have Gawn and they have no Mummy: our nemesis last time

Unlikely wins;

- Freo - if they rest half their team in prep for finals we can do it!!