Radio and football racists

Soidee

Stephen Milne got booed for being a rapist, whilst Majak Daw is going through the same process he has not been bood.

Racism the other way?

Simply, racism exists and people booing Goodes could have racial motivation. But, imo, the majority boo Goodes because they are told not to, or they are doing it because of the snowball effect. Whilst it highlights one of the major issues with society, the grouping of all people booing being racist is an attempt by the media to stop the booing.

"You are a racist if you boo Adam Goodes" is being used to help encourage people to not boo him as they don't want to be labelled in this group. The problem is by continually bringing it up people will continue to boo him and things are always worse over in WA due to such a heavily one sided supporter group.

• Like 3

Domestic violence is rampant across the world as is racism. I have travelled extensively and this charge of racism gives me the shts. Yes there are racists here but Australia is one of the MOST tolerant societies I've been too.

There is subtle undercurrents of racism as there is in every single society on earth. During my time in West Africa the racism by Arabs against Blacks was insane. It is a reality of humanity but lets not create this myth that its a huge problem in Australia. It exists and over time we are reducing it but we need to stop de legitimising the fight against racism with all this PC crap.

Anyway back to the footy

Munga.....I have travelled the world too and lived for long periods outside Australia. It's a damn site more than subtle undercurrents of racism here in the country I was born. The difference in Aust is racists hide like cowards. I'm not a racist BUT.., Comeon Munga fair suck of the sav

• Like 1

Goodes gets booed because he stood up for his beliefs and little white folk don't like it when gifted black folk do that,

We remain a nation of poorly educated bogans

What do the big white folk think of it?

You're underestimating her age (she was 13, not that he could possibly have known that). Is that a deliberate strategy to support your (non) argument?

I was also told today that she didn't call him an ape, but rather a black c..., charming. Also that Eddie toned it down to "ape" and tried to lessen the insult and the damage.

The AFL also tried to lessen it, especially as it came from a young girl.

Edited by Redleg

Yes.

I know a couple of people who you would describe as aboriginal rights activists who thought (in their reasoned way) that some of adam goodes's comments after his aoty were not very helpful

it wasn't because he told "uncomfortable truths" or that they were being racist, just that they thought he could have used his position in a more positive way

they did not hate or dislike goodes for what he said, just simply didn't approve of his approach

i also know people who applauded what goodes said

now it is irrelevant whether you or i would agree with their opinions or not, just that people are entitled to their contrary opinions without constantly being called racists

it's called opinion

I also have a close friend who is a rabid swans supporter. all her family have been for generations. in fact one of her family wrote a book on the swans. they would staunchly support any swan. they are all very decent people and i've never detected any racism in them. when i recently discussed this with her i was surprised when she said she thought he had to an extent brought it upon himself. she also thought the media reaction only inflamed it. again just an opinion.

people are people and they have a range of emotions and reactions that don't always fit into neat little boxes. popularity or lack of it can be a very fickle thing at times

i will agree on one thing though. it's time for the booing of goodes to stop, but it's also time to stop the inflammatory rhetoric (from both sides)

Like your work Daisy. Well said.

• Like 1

This is not about Goodes. It's about middle Australia taking a stand against political correctness being relentlessly foisted upon them when they have personally felt they've done nothing wrong. And if making deeply hurtful noises at an indigenous football player is their form of protest then that is why we have political correctness being foisted upon them.

• Like 4

I was also told today that she din't call him an ape, but rather a black c..., charming. Also that Eddie toned it down to ape and tried to lessen the insult and the damage.

This has always been of interest to me, as I have heard two varying versions. One that she was amongst a group and had pretty much copied her adult guardians in statements on colour and genitalia, the second that she called him an "ape" but was completely innocent in the method and was similar to the statements of someone saying "you are behaving like a Neanderthal" or "you are behaving like an ape" with no intention of racism, but more so just a figure of speech, If that makes sense.

Let's boo bus drivers because we don't like the way they drive....honestly!!!! The cowards hiding behind most of these rubbish comments would not have the gonads to say it to Goodes face.....cowards

Goodes gets booed because he stood up for his beliefs and little white folk don't like it when gifted black folk do that,

there you go again with that little mind reading trick of yours :lol:

• Like 3

Stephen Milne got booed for being a rapist, whilst Majak Daw is going through the same process he has not been bood.

Racism the other way?

Simply, racism exists and people booing Goodes could have racial motivation. But, imo, the majority boo Goodes because they are told not to, or they are doing it because of the snowball effect. Whilst it highlights one of the major issues with society, the grouping of all people booing being racist is an attempt by the media to stop the booing.

"You are a racist if you boo Adam Goodes" is being used to help encourage people to not boo him as they don't want to be labelled in this group. The problem is by continually bringing it up people will continue to boo him and things are always worse over in WA due to such a heavily one sided supporter group.

To be fair Daw has only played one game this year and should be being booed for not going near the ball

Let's boo bus drivers because we don't like the way they drive....honestly!!!! The cowards hiding behind most of these rubbish comments would not have the gonads to say it to Goodes face.....cowards

I've beeped my horn at them when they've cut me off.

No need to let your anger get in the way Soidee. People are allowed their opinions just like you are.

• Like 1

LOL you are delusional mate

I boo Goodes for the same reason I boo Brent Harvey. Youre a fool for labeling everyone a racist

Its a disgrace actually, and you are much worse than those you claim are racist

• Like 4

I was also told today that she didn't call him an ape, but rather a black c..., charming. Also that Eddie toned it down to "ape" and tried to lessen the insult and the damage.

I've heard similar 'Red'...

again the AFL (Eddie in this case but the AFL are in it up to..) have come unstuck trying to stage manage incident, spin the message and manipulate the public.

This is now out of control and it's in a big part their own fault.

• Like 1

Goodes and a lot of other people must be in on it as well, I love a good conspiracy.

Until when? When people stop screaming racism in the media? That's never gonna happen

No speaking out is good. But if you put yourself out there and then act like he does on the field then he will make himself a target. Its the way it works.

His behavior on field only serves to de legitimize his message off the field.

How can you make a stand off field with grievances when on field your grievances are so obviously a crock of [censored]. The issues need attention but they would be better served by a better bloke.

What on field incidents are specifically a crock of [censored]?

Some people believe old "Swollen" should know his place.

It's also fanned by the media with fake "concern".

it's a crock and Goodes should tell them all to eat a dyck and keep hating.

It shouldn't bother him after all he has achieved but people are playing on the fact that he says it does bother him.

If you hate a nickname and people know you hate it ,you will definitely get that name.

It's the Australian way.

• Like 2

LOL you are delusional mate

I boo Goodes for the same reason I boo Brent Harvey. Youre a fool for labeling everyone a racist

Its a disgrace actually, and you are much worse than those you claim are racist

The very sad part about all this is...types such as yourself will jump on the boo boo bandwagon against Goodes as you self confessed.

Your life must be well rounded if this is how you get your kicks. Look up fool in the dictionary HH that's where you find your name.

• Like 1

Oh this thread is back after a couple of months.It's like the Hydra,you can cut its head off but it keeps coming back.

You can thank Jetta and the media.

Why can't what Goodes does on and off the field be separate?

A lot of people probably aren't even aware of comments he has made off the field.

I don't know what he said.

Then again I only just found out we weren't booing Adem Yze because he's Albanian.

Criticise Julia and PC Brigade label you misoginist.

Too bad if you rate Julie Bishop and Anna Bligh

This is (I assume) unintentionally funny. If it is in fact a satirical attempt to display how dimwitted people are who make such comments then well played

• Like 1

The very sad part about all this is...types such as yourself will jump on the boo boo bandwagon against Goodes as you self confessed.

Your life must be well rounded if this is how you get your kicks. Look up fool in the dictionary HH that's where you find your name.

Why aren't you calling me racist for booing Brent Harvey?

What a joke hahahaa

• Like 1