• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAME DAY - Round 14

I'm waiting for the reality bus to arrive..It's scheduled for around 9:00pm tonight, however I am desperately hoping it gets cancelled.

people_waiting_at_bus_stop.jpg

• Like 14

Predicting will stay with them for a half to 3 quarters and eventually they'll break away and win by around 4 goals... The conditions will have to be in our favour considering west coast have never played there. Will be interesting to see how Roos tries to combat McGovern, we did a good job of dragging harry taylor out of defensive 50 two weeks ago, McGovern and is intercepting marks are a big reason why their defense has held up. We have the defenders to go with their forwards, their midfield is good without been elite, our forwards have to have the edge over their undermanned defence but everyone's thought that all year! Just hope for a good contest which I have a feeling the boys will give.

i think more than anything else, todays game could hinge on how the meth coast players respond to the death of Phil Walsh. he was there as an assistant coach between 2009-13 so would have been close to many of the players. they are going to find it tough, playing tonight and how they react to this terrible tragedy will influence the game more than anything else

• Like 1

My usual hope against the Eagles is that Jack Watts kicks the after-the-siren-winning-goal after taking mark of the year on top of Nic Nat's head. But football does seem trivial given the events of the last couple of days. Deep down we all know that football doesn't matter and as Titus O'Reilly wrote yesterday; arguing over if a grown man properly disposed of a ball or held it long enough to qualify for a mark seems petty.

But that is what football is about I suppose. For two hours we can forget about all those things that happen in the world; wars and cancers, mortgages and your kid getting crappy grades. We can dream about our team and winning games and perhaps even finals.

So go you good thing number 4, take it up to them and if you can kick that goal the world will be a better place

• Like 11

Well 2 weeks ago I gave us no chance and would have been happy if we lost to the cats by 7 goals or under. Im not sure what to expect. I hope we can take nic nats influence at the centre bounce and I hope Tommy Mac can get back to his old form and hold Kennedy and we hold our own with there midfield.

Dawes needs to find form but I hope we bring our tackling aggression and just start well.

• Like 1

I'd like a 4qr effort with straight goal kicking and minimal self inflicted fork ups.
Like the Geelong game.

Mmnnn .... Better head to the bus stop.

• Like 1

Kennedy, LeCras, Nic Nat, Priddis, Gaff, Hurn.

If we can break even/negate those 6, we win.

Very interested to see who viney and vince to go.

Viney to Gaff I think

Vince to Priddis

TMac or Dunn to Kennedy

Jetta to LeCras?

And well lets just hope Nic Nat forgets how to jump

• Like 1

Viney to Gaff I think

Vince to Priddis

TMac or Dunn to Kennedy

Jetta to LeCras?

Garland LeCras or Darling

Cross ...Gaff

Viney...Priddis

Vince...Shuey

although Viney and Vince could change roles.

Think Dunn/Darling or resting ruck and McDonald Kennedy

Viney to Gaff I think

Vince to Priddis

TMac or Dunn to Kennedy

Jetta to LeCras?

LeCras plays like a tall, I would put Garland on him, Viney to Priddis because Priddis like to get the ball on his boot quickly we need Viney to be right on his tail and tackle him before he can kick it and Viney.

Im really worried about the Nic Nat dominance and him getting the ball out into space away from the conjestion where WC will dominate us...we need our ruckman to neutralize the ruck contest and bring the ball to their feet where we have a better chance..If we can play dirty on Nic Nat and knock him around we will be a very big chance.

• Like 1

I want a tough, uncompromising effort that the team showed against Geelong.

We've been Wet Toast's [censored] for too long......

I feel quite positive after our most complete performace for years. We also have to shed the bye curse. The ruck will be a key as midfield first use has been the biggest positive indicator in our past few games. Nik Nat has been in great form but I believe he can struggle against guys with extra height. If Gawn is on his game he should be able to nullify him at least.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

LeCras plays like a tall, I would put Garland on him, Viney to Priddis because Priddis like to get the ball on his boot quickly we need Viney to be right on his tail and tackle him before he can kick it and Viney.

Im really worried about the Nic Nat dominance and him getting the ball out into space away from the conjestion where WC will dominate us...we need our ruckman to neutralize the ruck contest and bring the ball to their feet where we have a better chance..If we can play dirty on Nic Nat and knock him around we will be a very big chance.

So would I if the match ups were right but given they have a resting ruck to watch we may need to use Garland on Darling and Dunn on the resting ruck unless we plan to play Spencer down back to go with Sinclair on and off the ball. That would be an interesting selection.

So would I if the match ups were right but given they have a resting ruck to watch we may need to use Garland on Darling and Dunn on the resting ruck unless we plan to play Spencer down back to go with Sinclair on and off the ball. That would be an interesting selection.

I reckon Spencer goes forward to give their defence something to think about with Dawes, Hoges, Howe and Spencer. Howe and Hogan both good below the knees, despite what some "expert commentators like to think" so being too tall in our forward line wont be a problem.

Maybe a Matt Jones or Howe to run with Lecras if Garland is needed on Darling. Didnt Matt Jones do a job on someone against Geelong..?

I reckon Spencer goes forward to give their defence something to think about with Dawes, Hoges, Howe and Spencer. Howe and Hogan both good below the knees, despite what some "expert commentators like to think" so being too tall in our forward line wont be a problem.

Maybe a Matt Jones or Howe to run with Lecras if Garland is needed on Darling. Didnt Matt Jones do a job on someone against Geelong..?

I thought Matt Jones might be useful on Hurn

Wanted to tip us but concerned about their midfield depth. Geelong have a couple of midfield guns (e.g. Selwood) but if you tie them up, they haven't got enough others to take up the slack, particularly with Kelly and Bartel out. Meth coast have Priddis, Shuey, Gaff, Wellingham, Yeo, Masten, Selwood who are all in great form, and I think the Frenchman is going to be very dangerous in the greasy conditions....can't see the big forwards in Kennedy and Hogan clunking lots of big grabs. Still, we have to be confident after the Cats game and if we can bring a 4 quarter effort then who knows?

• Like 1

I think it will be a big problem if we go too tall in our forward line. If Spencer plays there, then we are too tall...

I think it will be a big problem if we go too tall in our forward line. If Spencer plays there, then we are too tall...

We might have a match up of Spencer on B.Shepperd in our forward line so if Spencer can cause a problem they might nove Sinclair onto him leaving our defenders with better matchups down back...would of loved to be a fly on the wall in Paul Roos' match committee meeting this week.

Demon mids a challenge: Hickmott

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-07-03/demon-mids-a-challenge-hickmott

Finally building a respectable reputation - now its time to back it up.

He says it will be a great test for their young midfield and I thought aw yeah everyone says they have a young team but WCE actually do. I love their spread of experience.

Most of their players are around 25 wit about 5 senior players of around 30 and about 5 who are in their early 20's. I really like that mix and hopefully that can be us in 3 years time.

They have great potentially over the next 3 years as most of their players enter their prime and their younger players develop.

also another interesting article:

Kicking bad habits: West Coast's recipe for success

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-04/kicking-bad-habits-west-coasts-recipe-for-success