MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 10

Demonland

Football intelligence please

Ok....was fit at start of the year but not selected for round 1. It's my guess he had the co captaincy stripped from him, he would of been clinging on in the hope it guarantees him a game. I find it amusing that people claim that the captaincy ruined his game yet why didn't he reluiquish it when Trengove did? Now he finds himself dropped for the 2nd/3rd time and it's only round ten. Salem still to come back in.

Do you think Watts should be in the team head of Grimes?

I think that they both should be in the team ahead even of Michie!

How the hell does Howe get a game after his 6 possession 1 mark performance last week.

A dog ordinary player is Howe.

Howe deep is the replacement pool ?
  • Like 1

Looks like we'll know a lot more by the time of the Scorps kickoff 2pm Saturday. All 7 of Monday's bench are named in the Scorps team.

Hope they don't all play! :P

• Like 1

Spencer is stiff

Played his heart out the last three weeks and done well.

Gawn done nothing to come in esp in a big game.

I would personally prefer a competitor against Grundy then the maxiumus

• Like 3

I don't read other forums but I would imagine at Carltonland they would be discussing Gibbs/Yarran/Murphy. A bit like our Watts/Grimes/Dawes/Howe. I read that Yarran has been dropped.....again. Should he be traded? To who ? And for what? Also Gibbs would be getting worked over. Hold on you can't trade him, he's a former no.1 pick. That doesn't mean s__t anymore. A couple of weeks ago Carlton played the Lions. In the last qtr their two supposed stars in Gibbs and Murphy stood up, played hard contested footy, lead by example amassing a whopping 4 touches between them. An absolutely disgraceful effort contributing to the Lions winning the game. SOS will make the tough calls at years end as will Roos. It might take a few years but eventually fans might understand clubs did what they're about to do and that's make certain players understand what's required. I personally can't wait.

Edited by Al's Demons

I have a suspicion that Roos is giving both Gawn and Spencer a chance to show they can hold the no. 1 ruck spot down before the end of the year. If they show him they have what is needed it's all good, otherwise they may find themselves on the outer while we trade for another option from somewhere else. Spencer has been ok but not amazing in his games so far, now it's Gawn's chance to show that he can go one better.

That's how I would see it 'Ralph'...Spencer has had a shot at it, now it's up to big Max to make the spot his.

Ins and outs don't matter too much to me this week. I just hope the 22 selected go out there and give everything they have for Neale Daniher this week. If he can fight as hard as he is with an incurable disease then these players can go out there and fight the filth on our home turf and win.

Bring it on.

• Like 5

There is much similarity between our game plan of 1865 and our game plan of 2015...Yes the 150th anniversary of everyone on the ball....the rolling maul. Scores around then were similar ..ie 3 goals for an entire match could win you a game......so far this decade the other teams have, sadly, mostly managed more goals than 3 .

Roos plan is to exhaust the opposition players by having 100 ball ups. When this game plan doesn't work and we can't get a possession the players become DISCOMBOBULATED. I hope this clears things up for a lot of people.

Well its kinda interesting because in the first half against Footascray everybody was in fact on the ball ....and it seemed to work in our favour.... Im not sure if that was the plan or it just panned out that way, but it seemed to nullify them and lock the ball in our forward line for long periods...

Ins and outs don't matter too much to me this week. I just hope the 22 selected go out there and give everything they have for Neale Daniher this week. If he can fight as hard as he is with an incurable disease then these players can go out there and fight the filth on our home turf and win.

Bring it on.

What Neale is going through is tragic as it would be for anyone suffering from it. But the 22 that run out need to give everything they've got every week.
  • Like 1

What Neale is going through is tragic as it would be for anyone suffering from it. But the 22 that run out need to give everything they've got every week.

No kidding Al.

But if they can't do it for him this week then I'll be bitterly disappointed.

They say people don't believe in Heros anymore Max.

We're going to give them back their Heros Max!

• Like 1

Playing Gawn killed us last year on QBD.....

Always does. In the past he's had no tank. I hope he's improved this area, otherwise he won't make it.

• Like 1

Ok....was fit at start of the year but not selected for round 1. It's my guess he had the co captaincy stripped from him, he would of been clinging on in the hope it guarantees him a game. I find it amusing that people claim that the captaincy ruined his game yet why didn't he reluiquish it when Trengove did? Now he finds himself dropped for the 2nd/3rd time and it's only round ten. Salem still to come back in.

Grimes is still on the extended bench at this time, so he's not dropped.

"Barring injuries Grimes may of have played his last game in a Melbourne jumper"

This statement may turn out to be as brave as Robbo's on SEN a couple of weeks ago when he predicted that Watts had played his last game for Melbourne just ten minutes before the teams were announced, and he was named in the team.