THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/supplement-actovegin-is-now-a-controlled-treatment-under-new-afl-guidelines/story-fnelctok-1227479356164

This article shows we were fully investigated and cleared in 2013.

“The AFL conducted a substantial audit of every club, and extensive background checks on all science, fitness and medical staff,” a league spokesman said.

“The AFL found that the supplement programs at AFL clubs were as a whole well managed and under the control of the club doctor.

“While some opportunities to achieve best practice existed, no major issues were identified aside from the involvement of Stephen Dank at Melbourne FC which was subsequently fully investigated by the AFL and ASADA.”

Dank is really trying to bring everyone down with him.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/supplement-actovegin-is-now-a-controlled-treatment-under-new-afl-guidelines/story-fnelctok-1227479356164

The AFL conducted a substantial audit of every club, and extensive background checks on all science, fitness and medical staff, a league spokesman said.

The AFL found that the supplement programs at AFL clubs were as a whole well managed and under the control of the club doctor.

While some opportunities to achieve best practice existed, no major issues were identified aside from the involvement of Stephen Dank at Melbourne FC which was subsequently fully investigated by the AFL and ASADA.

Shows the value of keeping, and revealing good records. Eh, Jacques et Bruce? Edited by monoccular

Steven Dank is a dog of the highest order, not content with ruining the integrity of Essendon he's now spoken out to push further investigation on Melbourne and Geelong (who were investigated initially and cleared) just because he can. What benefit does he get from telling the world this new stuff? It's an ego trip and he is a vindictive dog for doing it.

We were cleared and now he wants to try to initiate a further investigation, why?

"STEPHEN Dank has claimed he helped access drugs to be used by up to 12 Melbourne players in 2012. The injection of drugs took place between November 2012 and late January 2013, just months after Dank was sacked by Essendon."

Can I suggest this is a classic strategy in PR. When you are under the pump, you try to move to another subject.Tony Abbott uses it all the time, this is just another version of it. Given the Hird's campaign tactics last time in nobbling key witnesses to the AFL Tribunal hearing, it would not surprise me at all if Hird has done a deal with Dank along the lines of in return for going soft on Hird at CAS (and telling half truths), Essendon's CAS evidence falls in line with Dank's. Part of this deal could be for Dank in the meantime to "spread the blame" to Melbourne and Geelong on the basis that "everyone's doing it" which was Hird's original rationale way back in 2011 when he first dreamt up this disastrous journey.

By the way, WADA are well aware of these sorts of tactics and have the experience and the will to combat them (unlike the AFL Tribunal). Look at the very effective tactics WADA used in the Armstrong case if you don't believe me. The ultimate sanction of course are the laws against purgery which I'm sure they will be very much using with all witnesses called under oath at the November hearing. Given the severity of these, you would think that even Dank would think twice about purgering himself with this sort of deal.

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 1

Shows the value of keeping, and revealing good records. Eh, Jacques et Br

“The AFL conducted a substantial audit of every club, and extensive background checks on all science, fitness and medical staff,” a league spokesman said.

“The AFL found that the supplement programs at AFL clubs were as a whole well managed and under the control of the club doctor.

“While some opportunities to achieve best practice existed, no major issues were identified aside from the involvement of Stephen Dank at Melbourne FC which was subsequently fully investigated by the AFL and ASADA.”

Not sure about that, I reckon that in keeping with his denial of administering illicit drugs at EFC, Dank is using the MFC program as support for this denial Along the lines of "look, the Demons also had a program......and there was nothing illegal about their program so why should EFC be any different.

Shows the value of keeping, and revealing good records. Eh, Jacques et Bruce?

That's the core of the whole saga. The Dees kept the records you would expect and those records provided proof that cleared us.

It's completely inconceivable that you would run a campaign like they did and not have extensive records not only of what they took but email trails discussing it. I've never seen a team come back from one pre season so physically altered as that team in 2012. They all looked like body builders. By mid season half the list was suffering from soft tissue injuries and their season collapsed. I'd personally never seen anything before like the impact the sports science/medicine people were having on that Club that season. I wasn't thinking PED"s at that time because I didn't dream any team would be that stupid. What would be the point of running a program like that if you weren't scientifically tracking the effect the "supplements" were having. They were taking blood tests to assess what they needed so how weren't they taking blood tests to see what effect they were having. Eg your bloods show your immune system is down take this injection to improve it. Two weeks later we are taking a blood test to see how that worked or whether you need more. There would have to be records of all of this. It's logically impossible there weren't.

You telling me that a coach wouldn't be asking questions and wanting to see answers to explain the most extensive injury creating program in AFL history. Oh no, no emails, no records. Yeh right.

Logically there had to be records and logically the fact none were found indicates they were destroyed. Logically the only reason you would possibly have for destroying them is that they recorded something you didn't want anyone else to see. Connect the dots. I'm comfortably satisfied.

• Like 4

Knowing a little about IT, when a document -- any document -- is accidentally deleted, there is very rarely a circumstance where nothing at all can be recovered.

(And let's assume that Essendon, with their myriad laptops that you can see on TV on any game day, were not so primitive and backwards that they dealt exclusively with pen-on-paper documentation.)

Usually there's a hard copy somewhere. An older version on someone's desktop. A memory stick with some version of it.

On the backup devices!

At last resort, a forensic data recovery will extract at least a partial version from one of the above, even if garbled.

For a document to go missing from all of those sources is a very very unusual occurrence. A bit like how winning Tattslotto is a very very unusal occurrence. What are the chances?

• Like 1

Knowing a little about IT, when a document -- any document -- is accidentally deleted, there is very rarely a circumstance where nothing at all can be recovered.

(And let's assume that Essendon, with their myriad laptops that you can see on TV on any game day, were not so primitive and backwards that they dealt exclusively with pen-on-paper documentation.)

Usually there's a hard copy somewhere. An older version on someone's desktop. A memory stick with some version of it.

On the backup devices!

At last resort, a forensic data recovery will extract at least a partial version from one of the above, even if garbled.

For a document to go missing from all of those sources is a very very unusual occurrence. A bit like how winning Tattslotto is a very very unusal occurrence. What are the chances?

Magnets?

On the backup devices!

fragments of an encrypted file can be virtually impossible to decrypt

Irrespective the Demons were very close to getting into bed with a very shady customer, presumably due to his "impressive" track record and involvement at EFC. Thankfully the liaison ended very quickly once the bombshell hit. Fortunate timing. Does not cover us in glory.

• Like 4

That's the core of the whole saga. The Dees kept the records you would expect and those records provided proof that cleared us.

It's completely inconceivable that you would run a campaign like they did and not have extensive records not only of what they took but email trails discussing it. I've never seen a team come back from one pre season so physically altered as that team in 2012. They all looked like body builders. By mid season half the list was suffering from soft tissue injuries and their season collapsed. I'd personally never seen anything before like the impact the sports science/medicine people were having on that Club that season. I wasn't thinking PED"s at that time because I didn't dream any team would be that stupid. What would be the point of running a program like that if you weren't scientifically tracking the effect the "supplements" were having. They were taking blood tests to assess what they needed so how weren't they taking blood tests to see what effect they were having. Eg your bloods show your immune system is down take this injection to improve it. Two weeks later we are taking a blood test to see how that worked or whether you need more. There would have to be records of all of this. It's logically impossible there weren't.

You telling me that a coach wouldn't be asking questions and wanting to see answers to explain the most extensive injury creating program in AFL history. Oh no, no emails, no records. Yeh right.

Logically there had to be records and logically the fact none were found indicates they were destroyed. Logically the only reason you would possibly have for destroying them is that they recorded something you didn't want anyone else to see. Connect the dots. I'm comfortably satisfied.

Destruction of records is a clear breach of the WADA code, and that in itself should be sufficient to find them guilty. Since when has destroying evidence allowed people to get off a crime in any legal system? That is effectively what the tribunal judged on. CAS will take a very very dim view of this, let alone WorkSafe. WADA have rubbed people out in the past simply for failing to turn up for scheduled drug tests, or making themselves absent - a much less serious crime than destroying evidence. Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 1

ON SEN right now KB and Brian Waldron are in full attack mode on Essendon and Hird.

Interesting turning of the tide.

Not only has the tide turned there is a tsunami building against Hird:

-On SEN with KB Waldron said Hird has lost all his coaches, including Harvey!!

-Clearly he has lost the players!

-As noted in my post #2618 yesterday Bomber, Tim Watson, Lloyd and the Essendonians have jumped off his band wagon.

-He has no friends at AFL.

-Little is hardly a fan.

That leaves only EFC members and fans left to support Hird.

I can see a tug-of- building for the hearts and minds of fans and members.

All the recent leaks are probably Hird's way of shoring up their support.

But the fans have to be won over before deposing the golden boy.

So would expect a subtle anti Hird campaign from those club legends above (who are all in the media) to soften up supporters.

This tug-of-war will be played out in the media!

Yep, a tsunami is building! :cool:

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

On the backup devices!

Pretty sure the AFL had organised with ASADA to seize all computers etc. Conspiracies....

Pretty sure the AFL had organised with ASADA to seize all computers etc. Conspiracies....

For a change, a conspiracy rather than a stuff-up is the likely truth. If anyone with half a brain was running an illegal program they would severely restrict where the data was kept, where it was backed up etc. so it wasn't on every disk and thumb-drive in the place.

In fact you could avoid it appearing any any hard disk at the club. and have it on a few thumb drives (for redundancy since they are a bit ropey) and maybe on a computer's disk that is never anywhere near the club. Then hiding it when the ASADA cops arrived would be relatively easy.

The only argument against that is the assumption of there being half a brain at EFC.

• Like 1

Not only has the tide turned there is a tsunami building against Hird:

-On SEN with KB Waldron said Hird has lost all his coaches, including Harvey!!

-Clearly he has lost the players!

-As noted in my post #2618 yesterday Bomber, Tim Watson, Lloyd and the Essendonians have jumped off his band wagon.

-He has no friends at AFL.

-Little is hardly a fan.

That leaves only EFC members and fans left to support Hird.

I can see a tug-of- building for the hearts and minds of fans and members.

All the recent leaks are probably Hird's way of shoring up their support.

But the fans have to be won over before deposing the golden boy.

So would expect a subtle anti Hird campaign from those club legends above (who are all in the media) to soften up supporters.

This tug-of-war will be played out in the media!

Yep, a tsunami is building! :cool:

I agree that Little isn't a fan of Hird. I think Paul Little has played the long game on Hird - knowing Hird would sue for unfair dismissal if sacked. That is just how I've seen it all play out, I don't think there was ever any doubt that Hird would eventually be removed. I think Essendon will wait on the saga to remove Hird, so not to fall out with any deluded fans.

Firstly I can see someone getting crook soon.

Secondly why should the media who the community owe nothing to and are responsible for people, both good and dh's, losing their jobs get off free, smelling like roses

and actually should have their job status downgraded to the ilk of peeping tom or behind door listener...