THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

tania - ?

Julia Gillard with dyed hair?

• Like 1

When they make the mini-series about this I have some suggestions for the cast.

James Hird - Christopher Pyne (That annoying voice suits Hirds personality) or Lance Armstrong

Little - Danny Devito

Dean Robinson - Arnie Schwatzenegger

Mark Thompson - Johnny Depp

Stephen Dank - Meryl Streep - why not she has played nutters before

Shane Charters - Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman

Andrew Demetriou - Al Pacino

Edit: I forget Gil - Big Bird

You forget ManDee, it would be an Australian production, no doubt bankrolled by Channel 9.

Casting as follows:

James Hird - Lachie Hulme

Paul Little - Lachie Hulme

Dean Robinson - Lachie Hulme

Mark Thompson - Lachie Hulme

Stephen Dank - Lachie Hulme

Shane Charters - Lachie Hulme

Andrew Demetriou - Lachie Hulme

Special guest appearance by Lachie Hulme as Gillan Maclachlan

• Like 1

James Hird - Christopher Pyne (That annoying voice suits Hirds personality) or Lance Armstrong

Little - Danny Devito

Paul Little should be Gilbert Gottfried. That smarmy little voice would be perfect.

Shane Charter, a dopy Matt Damon (Said like in Team America)

Andy D - take you pick of anyone who has played a mafia boss in the US.

or we could dig up phyllis diller and save on the hair dye

what have yo got againstt Phyllis ?? lol

Little - Danny Devito

Dean Wallis=Steve Buscemi.

http://www.news.com.au/national/dean-robinson-key-figure-in-essendon-supplements-scandal-lands-top-job-with-kpmg/story-e6frfkp9-1227364221641

I am speechless!:

"DEAN Robinson, a key figure in the Essendon supplements scandal, has landed a plum job with financial services giant KPMG — the AFL’s official auditor. Armed with a new MBA, Robinson started with the multinational firm on Wednesday, working in its agribusiness division.

It’s believed some staff are concerned at how the appointment might look, given the AFL is an important client."

The implication of the last sentence is that the AFL might be upset by the appointment but I wonder?

Some people might think the opposite: Have the AFL used their influence to get him this job!

I wonder what he is going to do in the agribusiness division?

Inject supplements to cattle and sheep!! :o

• Like 1

Strange days

• Like 2

http://www.news.com.au/national/dean-robinson-key-figure-in-essendon-supplements-scandal-lands-top-job-with-kpmg/story-e6frfkp9-1227364221641

I am speechless!:

"DEAN Robinson, a key figure in the Essendon supplements scandal, has landed a plum job with financial services giant KPMG — the AFL’s official auditor. Armed with a new MBA, Robinson started with the multinational firm on Wednesday, working in its agribusiness division.

It’s believed some staff are concerned at how the appointment might look, given the AFL is an important client."

The implication of the last sentence is that the AFL might be upset by the appointment but I wonder?

Some people might think the opposite: Have the AFL used their influence to get him this job!

I initially saw it as the opposite, have the AFL teed up a job as part of the settlement between Robinson and the dons?

Either way it looks bad and they really should have been more careful.

• Like 2

I am speechless!:

I am amazed that anyone would employ him.

And, as an auditor?

After all, it does seem that he is pretty lax (or maybe very sly) at record keeping.

Totally discredited.

Did Gil the dill have a rôle in his appointment?

Any conflicts of interest?

I am amazed that anyone would employ him.

And, as an auditor?

After all, it does seem that he is pretty lax (or maybe very sly) at record keeping.

Totally discredited.

Did Gil the dill have a rôle in his appointment?

Any conflicts of interest?

You think there is a chance he did not mono?

I am speechless!:

The guy is allowed to get a job in an unrelated industry.....

The guy is allowed to get a job in an unrelated industry.....

Yes, but seriously, someone who cannot keep, or cannot find, very important records employed as an auditor?

Garbologist maybe, janitor, car park attendant......just not an auditor

Yes, but seriously, someone who cannot keep, or cannot find, very important records employed as an auditor?

Garbologist maybe, janitor, car park attendant......just not an auditor

Give the guy a break. It wasn't his job to keep records, it was danks. Good on him for reinventing himself and having the wherewithal to change careers, not to mention the discipline to get an MBA - difficult at the best of times let alone under the sort of pressure he has been under. EFC threw him under the bus at the first opportunity. He's not a villain.

• Like 2

Give the guy a break. It wasn't his job to keep records, it was danks. Good on him for reinventing himself and having the wherewithal to change careers, not to mention the discipline to get an MBA - difficult at the best of times let alone under the sort of pressure he has been under. EFC threw him under the bus at the first opportunity. He's not a villain.

Hear hear - It takes a great deal of courage and fortitude to go through what the weapon had to endure. I hope he does well in his new career.

• Like 1

Heard Gil on 3aw this morning he is still barracking for the players and by default the EFC.

Says he cannot understand why wada wants it out of Aus.

Arr they want an unbiased no AFL dominated stage Gil

Or has that escaped you.

The head of the AFL is worried about where a drug case against a team in the competition he presides over is heard rather than the correct result coming out? Wtf.

• Like 1

Agree, can't see the reason for the vitrol for him. The Dons f'd him totally. Good for him, working for the likes of KP let alone with his past would be bloody tough.

tania - ?

wicked-witch-of-the-west.gif

Do we need to say any more?

Edited by DemonFrog

I am just staggered by all the talk in the media about the AFL withdrawing from WADA. We are told the code is not suitable for team sports, but no one details why. And that is in some way unfair to EFC and its payers But it seems to me that it is the other way around - it fails team sports in that it is too focussed on individual behaviour and not systematic club-wide cheating such as EFC (allegedly) has done.

• Like 1