POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 4

Demonland

Sorry to bring up a tiny negative, but was anyone else surprised that Ross said in his press conference that he hadn't discussed moving to wet weather tactics at half time with the players because he didn't know it was about to rain.

Surely someone at the cub must know how to look at the BoM radar and advise the coach on what's coming. Probably could have predicted the arrival of the rain to within 5 to 10 minutes.

Edited by sue

"I don't think we've seen a better start to a career from a key forward than Jesse Hogan."

—Jonathan Brown, 24 April, 2015

yep

Hey DeeZee hope your kids are enjoying these wins mate - now they know why you stick through the bad times, it makes these wins all the more sweeter!

That's what makes it so sweet Doc...seeing my son enjoy it and being able to salivate over the big Hulkmeister!

• Like 1

I am even less happy with the Age today! The issue I got didn't have any report whatsoever on last night's game. So busy putting out yet another "Centenary of Anzac" issue to compete with their Herald-Sun rivals that they overlooked that there are a couple of footy tragics amongst their readership who still enjoy the back page.

There was in mine.....report on pages 50, 51. Jesse's big grab on page 60.

• Like 1

Sorry to bring up a tiny negative, but was anyone else surprised that Ross said in his press conference that he hadn't discussed moving to wet weather tactics at half time with the players because he didn't know it was about to rain.

Surely someone at the cub must know how to look at the BoM radar and advise the coach on what's coming. Probably could have predicted the arrival of the rain to within 5 to 10 minutes.

Roos is the master of saying heaps, but giving zilch away.

As for the footy in the coach's box? He pantsed Hardwick last night.

• Like 5

Well I enjoyed last night enough to lose my voice and watch the replay when I got home. I am really enjoying watching us this year. I was equally proud of the way we played last week against the Crows, and I thought the difference between last week and this week was the opposition. Our intent was the same, as were our skill errors, etc....

We wanted it more last night.

I thought Salem was just about our best last night - clean disposal, kept his feet, took tackles, etc... he is going to be a gun. Tommy is a man mountain now. Hoges obviously. Footy is starting to be fun again!

Other than 10 minute lapses here and there in the first 4 weeks, you couldn't be critical of much.

Better than that, we are doing it on the back accountable and tough tackling footy, and with a heap of contributing youngsters.

Let's see how we compete against the really good sides - of which Richmond is not one.

Edited by Choko
  • Like 4

Dom Tyson just has to learn to think a little quicker and dispose of the ball with out getting caught so often.

• Like 2

RESURRECTION by Whispering Jack

Albert Einstein once defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ...

I've loaded Whispering Jack's match report on the opening post as well as in the Demonland match report section here

• Like 1

Enjoy the win everyone! Solid win in wet conditions on the big stage!

We've got Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn the next 3 weeks so gonna be rough. Let's see how the boys handle a really tough run of matches. I don't expect to win any, but I would like to see us put up a good fight and not lose momentum we're building.

These next 3 games will show how far off we are. If they can keep up with them like against Adelaide I will be very happy.

• Like 1

beat the umps and the 5 posters. we were more determined in 3rd q when the game was to be won in wet conditions.Dawes in a great foil for Hogan. we finally have small forwards , Garlett and JKH. T Mac , our most improved player. VDB hard as nails, Brayshaw did not shirk contact. Feel sorry for Drummond but when he came off , he negated Kents loss in regard to rotation. Hogan, early days but a year off last gave him a chance to bulk up . A young Nick Reiwoldt, loves breaking up packs and has a tank. Howe should play HFF. Watts still mentally torched from qb game when he was too young to play.

Missed going to game but got up at 4am to take my daughter to dawn service.

Outs ... Jetta & Kent

ins... Grimes and Toumpas

Grimes Mcdonald Dunn

Salem Garland Howe

Michie Jones Lamumba

Vandenburg Dawes Newton

Gartlett Hogan JKH

Jamar Tyson Vince

Cross Watts Brayshaw

sub. Toumpas

missing Viney x1-2, Frost x4-5, Kent x4-6, Jetta x1.

So you want to stuff up the momentum bringing these two in??

Nup Time to keep blooding youth Stretch and one of either Riley or Bail depending on who plays well at Casey!

• Like 1

Sue my guess is he knew full well it was going to rain...or he was the only one in town who didn't.

That was Roos-speak. He deflects with BS !!

It strikes me Roos often sets little challenges...even in games....to see where we're at. He could have gone all negative, loaded the backline, but as we had the more positive mindset of the two teams I think he wanted to maintain that and see if this group has learned yet how to win. They showed last night they're starting to 'get it'

Roos, the master of gobbledygook at pressers lol

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

So you want to stuff up the momentum bringing these two in??

Nup Time to keep blooding youth Stretch and one of either Riley or Bail depending on who plays well at Casey!

Yeah because stretch is ready to play against against the bigger bodies Freo..

You Id iot

• Like 1

How about Dunnys torp !!!

Dunny would have to consider a career in the NFL after he retires!

That kick put the ball right back in the middle. Awesome effort!

Have a look at Vandenberg's goal, he gets the ball in the middle of the ground gives off a handball then he followed the ball to get to the next contest in the forward line and was rewarded with a goal, superb stuff.

• Like 1

You Id iot

We will need to be hard at it against freo's mids next week, Toumpas and Grimes are not the types we should bring in against them, neither is Stretch.

You Id iot

Read the possible inns! Stretch to continue blooding youth AND RILEY WHO HAS A BIG BODY!

You don't want a slow turnover king and a soft outsider vs Freo!

Blood Stretch, use him as your outside run he's been going orright at Casey!

Bigger Idiot!

Edited by picket fence

Sue my guess is he knew full well it was going to rain...or he was the only one in town who didn't.

That was Roos-speak. He deflects with BS !!

Roos, the master of gobbledygook at pressers lol

I did suspect he might be spinning a line about not knowing it was going to rain, but then I thought, why would he bother?

Just so he could praise the players by saying they thought of changing the way they played all by themselves? But the players would know that was not true.

And I doubt if he'd deliberately lie just so future oppo coaches would assume he never got that sort of info. For a start they'd assume that he wouldn't let that happen again. I suspect his ignorance was genuine rather than a cunning ploy.

Edited by sue
  • Like 1

Read the possible inns! Stretch to continue blooding youth AND RILEY WHO HAS A BIG BODY!

You don't want a slow turnover king and a soft outsider vs Freo!

Blood Stretch, use him as your outside run he's been going orright at Casey!

Bigger Idiot!

Seriously do you ever read your posts before you click enter?

You don't want a slow turnover king player yet you name Riley as someone you want to bring in FMD picket you are seriously a campaigner aren't you..

Stretch has been going alright and that's what he is atm. Take a note of Viv Michie who banged the door down for 5 weeks straight! Why do we need to bring Stretch in anyway? Let him develop at Casey which he is doing just fine. Heck id be happy for him to be playing Casey all year if it means we are winning games.

'Yeah lets change Jesse Hogans run up'

peanut

Edited by dazzledavey36

Well I enjoyed last night enough to lose my voice and watch the replay when I got home. I am really enjoying watching us this year. I was equally proud of the way we played last week against the Crows, and I thought the difference between last week and this week was the opposition. Our intent was the same, as were our skill errors, etc....

We wanted it more last night.

I thought Salem was just about our best last night - clean disposal, kept his feet, took tackles, etc... he is going to be a gun. Tommy is a man mountain now. Hoges obviously. Footy is starting to be fun again!

Other than 10 minute lapses here and there in the first 4 weeks, you couldn't be critical of much.

Better than that, we are doing it on the back accountable and tough tackling footy, and with a heap of contributing youngsters.

Let's see how we compete against the really good sides - of which Richmond is not one.

Yeah did the same, got home from the G n cracked a bottle of red n watched replay.... my throat is shot to.

What pleases me more than anything is our hardness. The soft tag will never be heard again.

How sweet is it to not only play Fri nite footy, but win it convincingly and now sit back and watch a cracking weeekend of footy.

Membership surge this week for sure, well done fellas, but lets make last nights 4 qtr effort the norm and we will trouble every team in the bottom 8 and give a scare to the top 8 teams this year.

• Like 2