THE DRUG SCANDAL: AFL TRIBUNAL DECIDES

Whispering_Jack

Cheats do prosper

for the time being , certainly seems so

my interest in footy is becoming inversely proportionate to Hirds gloating, and the diarrhetic ramblings of the trailer park estate.

• Like 1

Hopefullly WADA can get their blood test for TB4 out soon. Then there will be no where to hide. I also wonder how long Essendon can keep up that game stlyle. Drugs or no drugs they will burn out like they have done before playing with that intensity. A feature of their game since Hird and Co took over.

• Like 1

I flat out refuse to go to or watch any game the Essendon football club are a part of, I don't believe the result of the tribunal reflects the truth in any way, shape or form.

If you want to feel really sick....I was passing the Essendope training base yesterday.

"Graffitied" onto a concrete wall overlooking the ovals is in 6foot high letters " Not Guilty".

The public really needs some socially conscious taggers to head out to Tullamarine and perform their civic duty and remove/cover this blight......

• Like 2

DANK?????

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Does anyone know what has happened to the decision on him. ASADA were expecting it two weeks ago straight after Easter. They were already disappointed they were being given a week shorter at that point to assess their decision on Appealing which would be largely effected by the outcome of the findings on Dank.

As far as I can see there has been no announcement at all on what's happening with that decision.

Has anybody actually recieved any email back from WADA.????

No.

ASADA - No

Essendon's sponsors - NO other than a couple of we have received your emails.

• Like 1

The good thing about this win is that hopefully it will scotch the rubbish about 25 odd players missing the NAB cup games being disastrous or their fitness, which seems to have become an accepted fact based on getting smashed late against the Swans. It of course suits the narrative the AFL, Channel 7 and EFC are keen to dive, ie the heroic players overcoming adversity, come watch them live and on telly!

That Hamish [censored] was saying with 10 mins o go that a comeback was impossible and that a win would be their greatest in two decades. Please. Seems they had sufficient fitness after all, though the AFL, Channel 7 and EFC narrative will probably be thye won it pure mental fortitude and grit alone

ANZAC day will make me puke

• Like 3

There is probably now a possibility of someone keeling over from something heart related during a game and the true reason possibly being covered up for the sake of the game.

Then where will we all be.

• Like 1

There is probably now a possibility of someone keeling over from something heart related during a game and the true reason possibly being covered up for the sake of the game.

Then where will we all be.

would be hard to cover it up if it happens on field.

A lot of people are still watching Essendrug. Not for the scoreboard results

The Dank verdict must be due some time soon.

Now that will be interesting.

Im not sure how this tribunal could be comfortably satisfied to whack dank and not so comfortable as to excuse the players.

AFL just want the 'worms' to go away.

Im not even sure ASADA will bother to appeal.

Im not sure how this tribunal could be comfortably satisfied to whack dank and not so comfortable as to excuse the players.

AFL just want the 'worms' to go away.

Im not even sure ASADA will bother to appeal.

Come on, BB, you know better than that. Dank is an easy target to whack, Essendon is not. Simples :blink:

for the time being , certainly seems so

my interest in footy is becoming inversely proportionate to Hirds gloating, and the diarrhetic ramblings of the trailer park estate.

WADA Diarrhetic . . . a most effective treatment for Hird retention!

• Like 1

Come on, BB, you know better than that. Dank is an easy target to whack, Essendon is not. Simples :blink:

1) I dont think the league has any stomach for a fight

2) How do the three wise ones go from nah nah nah ...to yeah yeah yeah ( and no Beatles quips !! :) )

• Like 1

It's mindboggling to me that a team of drug cheats is being painted as inspiring and "brave" by the media.

There's a serious cultural problem in Australia, where a blind eye is turned to cheating. They should be torn to shreds, but their clout and connections (politically and in the media) prevents it. Disturbing and perverse.

If this cultural problem gets much worse, it could get to the stage where children are put in jail and nobody even cares what effect being exposed to violence and intimidation will have on them.

Wait....

I take it back

That day could never come

I think this is all pretty sad.

I believe there can be no closure on this until we know what was injected into the players. If it's the good stuff, as I believe it was more likely to be then the appropriate action needs to be taken.

If it's the innocuous stuff then play on and good luck to you EFC, you have been rightly penalised for more than poor governance.

1) I dont think the league has any stomach for a fight

2) How do the three wise ones go from nah nah nah ...to yeah yeah yeah ( and no Beatles quips !! :) )

Too much logic there, BB. IMHO the AFL will think that Dank has no future with us, and hence there is no harm in saying he wanted to administer TB4. They can quite reasonably say that this is what Dank intended, but they are not comfortably satisfied that the players ended up taking it.

Imagine if in 5 years time a test for TB4 is developed and its shown every Essendon player was using it

How do you then punish the club? What happens if, heaven forbid, they win a flag?

The whole thing is a disgrace. Essendon are cheats, the AFL is corrupt, and Gillon McLachlan is a [censored]

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but the MFC got a $500,000 fine for not cotrolling its employees while the DrugLords had employed people who were trying to bring in banned substances in to the club get nothing.

• Like 2

Correct me if I am wrong, but the MFC got a $500,000 fine for not cotrolling its employees while the DrugLords had employed people who were trying to bring in banned substances in to the club get nothing.

Essendon were fined $2m and lost draft picks for poor governance.

As the actual drugs being administered weren't proven, they have not been punished for that. Yet.

Essendon were fined $2m and lost draft picks for poor governance.

As the actual drugs being administered weren't proven, they have not been punished for that. Yet.

Agree they had a $2m fine for poor governance issue. However the MFC was fined due to the actions of its employees. The AFL tribunal has stated that Danks and co was trying to get their hands on banned substances but the tribunal was not actualy satified that they succeed.

So why did the AFL not give the DrugLords an additional fine as clearly their employee/contrators were acting inappropriately. Which was the AFL accusation about the MFC on the matter of tanking.