Dion Prestia

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Clearly a different set of circumstances.

Point is: money talks....

Ablett walked into a team of nobodies that were going to take years to get success (which has been proved)

and before anyone tells me GWS have got success - they havent done anything and it's their 5th season, and they were given two years of free hits in draft, not one like GC

Just now, Red and Blue Flame said:

Point is: money talks....

Ablett walked into a team of nobodies that were going to take years to get success (which has been proved)

and before anyone tells me GWS have got success - they havent done anything and it's their 5th season, and they were given two years of free hits in draft, not one like GC

GC had far more money to throw around than what Richmond will be able to do, though.  It's not as if they can offer a Godfather style offer that clubs can't get close to matching.  We will go close to matching whatever the Tigers are willing to put on the table which will eliminate the pull of money.  If Prestia wants success, and a good pay packet, then the choice is Melbourne.

Tonight Jake Niall was waffling on about how Richmond are still fuming over the embarrassment of the Adam Treloar situation, that they simply, "will not allow it to happen again -- they will stop at nothing to ensure Prestia chooses them." It says a lot about their collective immaturity that they actually feel "scorned" over something which happens to every club every year. Throwing a tantrum via media mouthpieces over Treloar, who's proving to be a downhill skiier anyway, makes their entire club appear unprofessional. I would be embarrassed as an MFC supporter if Roos & co. came out with tripe like this for every player they chased and turned them down.

It makes you wonder -- are Richmond actually so blind as a club that they felt Adam Treloar was the difference between premiership success and wallowing in mediocrity? Melbourne, St Kilda, even Gold Coast when their injuries are under control, are all ahead of their putrid list. They hang their hat on Daniel Rioli as if he'll be the cherry on their premiership list; in actual fact, he's just a kid refused the chance to discover his own football path, with his own club unable to help themselves with endless comparisons to his famous uncle.

They are a poorly run club without a clue.

Edited by SaberFang
  • Like 6

I've brought this up a few times but I still can't work it out. Everyone's hands would have been on the table - we wanted Prestia, the GCFC wanted to hold him for now (then) but otherwise it would cost a top-ten pick at the next opportunity - but we gave them that exact only pick a year in advance - excluding us from any such a deal in the future? It all makes no sense, but I'm certain we've engaged in some form of tampering; I just can't nail what it was. I need a decent conspiracy that I can place my hat on. Anyone? I also can't understand the GCFC draft-pick stockpile strategy, considering their need for fairly immediate success and discounting their academy - are we set to send a big name to the Gold Coast in a trade?

1 hour ago, SaberFang said:

Tonight Jake Niall was waffling on about how Richmond are still fuming over the embarrassment of the Adam Treloar situation, that they simply, "will not allow it to happen again -- they will stop at nothing to ensure Prestia chooses them." It says a lot about their collective immaturity that they actually feel "scorned" over something which happens to every club every year. Throwing a tantrum via media mouthpieces over Treloar, who's proving to be a downhill skiier anyway, makes their entire club appear unprofessional. I would be embarrassed as an MFC supporter if Roos & co. came out with tripe like this for every player they chased and turned them down.

It makes you wonder -- are Richmond actually so blind as a club that they felt Adam Treloar was the difference between premiership success and wallowing in mediocrity? Melbourne, St Kilda, even Gold Coast when their injuries are under control, are all ahead of their putrid list. They hang their hat on Daniel Rioli as if he'll be the cherry on their premiership list; in actual fact, he's just a kid refused the chance to discover his own football path, with his own club unable to help themselves with endless comparisons to his famous uncle.

That reaction to the Treloar situation, if what Niall says is true, is quintessential Richmond.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SaberFang said:

So he'd go to a club that's clearly learned nothing whatsoever from their BOG average season this year, and the last 3? Their list has achieved absolutely nothing of note, and will never achieve anything of note, less so if you're an overpaid great player surrounded by overpaid downhill skiiers.

Maybe, depends what he wants.

6 hours ago, P-man said:

That reaction to the Treloar situation, if what Niall says is true, is quintessential Richmond.

Takes you back to the 80's when the Pies and Tigers almost sent themselves to the wall trying to lure players between Punt Rd and Hoddle St. Good times .

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Skuit said:

I've brought this up a few times but I still can't work it out. Everyone's hands would have been on the table - we wanted Prestia, the GCFC wanted to hold him for now (then) but otherwise it would cost a top-ten pick at the next opportunity - but we gave them that exact only pick a year in advance - excluding us from any such a deal in the future? It all makes no sense, but I'm certain we've engaged in some form of tampering; I just can't nail what it was. I need a decent conspiracy that I can place my hat on. Anyone? I also can't understand the GCFC draft-pick stockpile strategy, considering their need for fairly immediate success and discounting their academy - are we set to send a big name to the Gold Coast in a trade?

I wonder if the Prestia situation was part of the negotiation process during last year's trade period.

11 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Tonight Jake Niall was waffling on about how Richmond are still fuming over the embarrassment of the Adam Treloar situation, that they simply, "will not allow it to happen again -- they will stop at nothing to ensure Prestia chooses them."

Richmond are fools for taking anything his manager says seriously.  His manager, Peter Bulcher has form for devious behaviour:

- was banned for 12 months for the Kurt Tippett contract fiasco

- organised Tippett's reneging on the deal to go to GCS.   

- 'masterminded' the Scully defection.

- organised Treloar's surgery unbeknown to his contracted club - Bulcher was investigated but cleared.

Each involved massive lying and 'cloak and dagger' work by Bulcher.

Richmond should have known better than believe anything this guy says.  They only have themselves to blame!!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

9 hours ago, P-man said:

They are going to implode when Prestia chooses a different club.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

I want him to come to the dees, primarily to see them implode and ask for 'trade equalisation'.

No one wants to go to the tigers, they have to go back down again before going up. No idea why Hardwick still has a job.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2016 at 6:34 PM, picket fence said:

I agree to a point  BUT the fact still remains when the "Gun" players start negotiating we, for one reason or another always eternally seem to miss out. Reality is that we have not landed One "Gun" A+ Graded player EVER!! EVER!

Peter Moore 1984 Brownlow medalist

Jeff White 2004 All Australian

Edit:- Gotta go Bernie Vince is knocking on the door. He has a few mates with him, Carl Ditterich, Brent Crosswell, Phil Carmen, Mark Jackson and Byron Picket.

Edit 2:- Maybe you are right, that is not one.

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

If that's not incentive to get him here then I don't know what is!

Richmond are my favourite club to watch implode.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

Edit:- Gotta go Bernie Vince is knocking on the door. He has a few mates with him, Carl Ditterich, Brent Crosswell, Phil Carmen, Mark Jackson and Byron Picket.

Kelvin Templeton was also regarded as a superstar when we got him. Another big name coming to Dees cruelled by injuries. It was such a coup getting Carmen. That was another sad failure. He would have to come close to the most wasted talent of all time.

Any discussion along those lines has to include Diamond Jim. Kicked the biggest point I've ever seen from the defensive side of the centre circle at the Western Oval. 

1 hour ago, It's Time said:

Kelvin Templeton was also regarded as a superstar when we got him. Another big name coming to Dees cruelled by injuries. It was such a coup getting Carmen. That was another sad failure. He would have to come close to the most wasted talent of all time.

Any discussion along those lines has to include Diamond Jim. Kicked the biggest point I've ever seen from the defensive side of the centre circle at the Western Oval. 

Good ol' Topaz Tilly, built like Tarzan played like Jane, one of the most over rated players I can remember. Twice the size of a young Robbie Flower with half the heart.

Edit:- Sorry Sir Robert, 1/1000th the heart.

s-l225.jpgf59da6308b2be3eab7ea3ce9826905d8.jpg

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ManDee said:

Hnmm I think when talking A 1 Grade superstars that actually produced for MFC the cupboard over a collective past is still very poor.

The names you have provided are not and were not in my view cast iron A1 Grade superstars.

For example Peter Moore won brownlow with us but I wouldn't have ever called him a superstar. Templeton was injury prone and did nothing,

Carman was a major disappiontment, Crosswell servicaable only Mark Jackson and Byron as much as they produced were never ever more than very good players

Jeff White had a "stellar" year but did he ever win games of his own efforts consistently??

Nup the real superstars are ones we have never ever been able to lure here EG Judd, Ablett, Buddy, Dangerfield ETC and I don't see that changing in the imediate future! The talk of Prestia Shiel et all are tha stuff of dreams and huge let downs. No real Superstar has ever experessed a "I want Melbourne Football Club to be my next home" ever!

Sad but true!

2 hours ago, ManDee said:

Could add Brian Wilson to that list . Won a Brownlow with us after coming from North

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Hnmm I think when talking A 1 Grade superstars that actually produced for MFC the cupboard over a collective past is still very poor.

The names you have provided are not and were not in my view cast iron A1 Grade superstars.

For example Peter Moore won brownlow with us but I wouldn't have ever called him a superstar. Templeton was injury prone and did nothing,

Carman was a major disappiontment, Crosswell servicaable only Mark Jackson and Byron as much as they produced were never ever more than very good players

Jeff White had a "stellar" year but did he ever win games of his own efforts consistently??

Nup the real superstars are ones we have never ever been able to lure here EG Judd, Ablett, Buddy, Dangerfield ETC and I don't see that changing in the imediate future! The talk of Prestia Shiel et all are tha stuff of dreams and huge let downs. No real Superstar has ever experessed a "I want Melbourne Football Club to be my next home" ever!

Sad but true!

Picket, Picket, Picket, Peter Moore had to beat some champions of the game to win the Brownlow. Flower, Hawkins, DiPierdomenico, Ablett, Tuck, Williams, Lockett. Moore was the stand out player that year.

Jeff White was an All Australian ruckman and regularly had 20+  possession games not A+  ?

You will note that the other names I mentioned were behind Bernie Vince, knocking on the door. I did not mention Templeton because he was past it when he came to us.

• Like 1

Peter Moore was an excellent Player but for mine just a tad under A+ Grade standard and same with Jeff White! 

Edited by picket fence

15 hours ago, SaberFang said:

It may also mean that they find out what Prestia wants to do and if he says he is staying or going to another club, then they make a statement that he was not their real target, so they don't appear to have lost him.

7 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Peter Morre was an excellent Player but for mine just a tad under A+ Grade standard and same with Jeff White! 

Jeff White was not A+ grade standard, gee, give me a few more of his type any day.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Jeff White was not A+ grade standard, gee, give me a few more of his type any day.

Jeff's best in the ruck was thwarted with the change in the centre bounce rule.  To my mind, his failure was that he didn't kick enough goals after that, in a capacity of what he should have become.  A true follower/forward.  113 goals in a 13 year career is not a great return.

• Like 4