FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

Target No.1: High-flyer, Demons start talks

Hopeully all goes smoothly. Every club in the land would love a drawcard like Howe playing for them. Damn good footballer too, and hopefully he takes a leap this season into true star status.

But will he play back or forward?

I am so glad to see the back of Howe.

I called for him to be dropped many times over the last two years. We carried him when he gave us nothing. Played maybe 2-3 serviceabloe games a year.

The bloke is a lazy, putrid footballer.

• Like 6

Howe for Kennedy and 50.

Wow.

Compare that to the way Essendon are holding Carlisle to ransom.

If you read Collingwood's explanation of the trade, it was actually Howe and 68 for Kennedy. Shrewd

If you read Collingwood's explanation of the trade, it was actually Howe and 68 for Kennedy. Shrewd

Well, no, if you read it you would see it said "Collingwood received pick 32 which it traded on to Melbourne"

Over 100 pages might indicate that some on here drink their own bathwater just a little. I think Howe for Kennedy and 2nd Round is fair, and sadly Jimmy for a third rounder is also fair. Toumpas never really stood up when he had the opportunity this year, particularly after his "breakout game" against the saints. If we were on the other side of this we would probably argue that pick 50 is too much to give. Howe plays inconsistent, yet highlight reel football and will no doubt be in the top 3 for MOTY again next year, and we will miss him when that hppens. Kennedy will bring more consistent football and hopefully will have a 30 goal season playing off half forward, and I think will exceed Howe's match output before we play the filth on QBD.

This isn't the worlds best deal, but its not the worst either, we definitely didn't get poled, boned, skewered or bent over. Negotiating isn't just sitting in a room thumping your fist and shouting at the other bloke until he gives you want just to shut you up. I think we did the best with what we had, and it would seem we aren't done with trade week yet.

• Like 7

Have now unfollowed him on twitter.To late he sent out these 2 tweets, Jeremy Howe@howie0038 12m

Now looking fwd it's a surreal feeling being able to put on the colours u barracked for all ur childhood life. Thanks @CollingwoodFC #gopies

Thanks to Mfc and the supporters for the last 5 years and the opportunity u gave me.

I don't know how I feel. On one hand He and his manager were asking way to much and yes he didnt use his talent to his best of his ability, but seeing him in a pies jumper and on the news tonight they showed him talking on the pies website I just didnt like it. But anyway queens birthday will be interesting. Also he'd want to perform, cause bucks and the pies fans aren't that patient.

Toumpas moving on just feels like we threw away another low draft pick and wastes it. Good luck to the Toump though, hope he does well at Port.

Yeah, it was written by someone who works at Collingwood - it didn't make sense, and you read it the way it was written...

Target No.1: High-flyer, Demons start talks

Hopeully all goes smoothly. Every club in the land would love a drawcard like Howe playing for them. Damn good footballer too, and hopefully he takes a leap this season into true star status.

But will he play back or forward?

I am so glad to see the back of Howe.

I called for him to be dropped many times over the last two years. We carried him when he gave us nothing. Played maybe 2-3 serviceabloe games a year.

The bloke is a lazy, putrid footballer.

to be fair, there is a terrible season in between those posts

Toumpas contributed very little in the three years he was at The MFC.

Howe gave us a dozen good games and a lot of wonderful marks.

Neither of them were going to make a contribution that would get us into the eight in 2016 let alone the top four.

Kennedy has joined who knows if he will be any better but one thing is for certain.

If we kept using the same players the the results would not change.

• Like 5

Was listening to pelchen this morning and he was basically questioning why the clubs who were after Howe wanted to play him forward as his numbers were much better off the back line in all areas

There's only a finite number of good forwards in the league is why I'd recruit him forward, but I like him better down back as well. I wouldn't at all be surprised that with Elliott and Fasolo forward if Howe is moved down back at Collingwood.

Players want to play in particular positions, but if they are winning they'll leave the ego behind.

For very selfish reasons I hope he stays...my 8 year old's favourite player (by a street).

She got 38 on her jumper this year and I'm too soft to explain to her why/how he left the club.

On the other hand a 7 would look awesome on that jumper.

Nuts!

Her first ever favourite player...goneski. I'm happy to wait until the end of trade period to see how the club goes overall but speaking as the dad of a shattered 8-year old Demon*, Jeremy, you've just made The List (I left a couple of Homer's originals there...because having Fat Free Lard and Gravity under phat Phil $cully just seemed to work).

*Assuming she doesn't try to follow him to the Pies.

post-269-0-51832900-1445246096_thumb.png

• Like 3

this deal is the epitome of the club

if you can justify it your in the same boat

weak and pathetic

im out hawthorn can take my money now

See ya.

What were you expecting? A first rounder for both?

Toumpas is lost at AFL level. If Howe didn't take a speccy every now and again no one would know his name.

• Like 6

Nuts!

Her first ever favourite player...goneski. I'm happy to wait until the end of trade period to see how the club goes overall but speaking as the dad of a shattered 8-year old Demon*, Jeremy, you've just made The List (I left a couple of Homer's originals there...because having Fat Free Lard and Gravity under phat Phil $cully just seemed to work).

*Assuming she doesn't try to follow him to the Pies.

I have a seven year old KK. Have you tried lying? I find it works a treat.

this deal is the epitome of the club

if you can justify it your in the same boat

weak and pathetic

im out hawthorn can take my money now

Don't be silly. It'll work out well for us.

We still take pick 6 to the draft and a myriad of second rounders.

As old dee said, trying the same thing with these players wasn't working.