• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2015 Goal Kickers

Ruffles

I've recently been thinking about who our leading goal kickers might be in 2015, with a hope that we'll see an increase in attacking style play (shouldn't be hard...). Our top goal kickers from 2014 were:

1. 20 - Chris Dawes
  2. 16 - Dom Tyson
  3. 15 - James Frawley
  4. 14 - Cam Pedersen
  5. 13 - Bernie Vince & Jack Watts
  6. 12 - Dean Kent
  7. 10 - Rohan Bail
  8. 9 - JKH
  9. 7 - Nathan Jones & Mark Jamar

Quite depressing numbers really, though pretty impressive from Tyson and also Kent (having only played 13 games). Anyway, I figured I may as well throw it out to the community and see what your ideas are! I'll kick things off with who I reckon will be our top 5 and with how many goals (perhaps a bit wishful...).

1. 35 - Jesse Hogan
  2. 29 - Jeff Garlett
  3. 26 - Chris Dawes
  4. 20 - Dean Kent
  5. 17 - Cam Pedersen

Depending on how/where they're played I think JKH, Salem, Watts and Vince could also be around the #5 mark. I'm also assuming Howe will be playing back again.

• Like 1

1. 20 - Chris Dawes
  2. 16 - Dom Tyson
  3. 15 - James Frawley
  4. 14 - Cam Pedersen
  5. 13 - Bernie Vince & Jack Watts
  6. 12 - Dean Kent
  7. 10 - Rohan Bail
  8. 9 - JKH
  9. 7 - Nathan Jones & Mark Jamar

wow. just wow. When you actually look at the figures...

intervention-cry-o.gif

Although, how's that Dom Tyson?

Stormtrooper-hump.gif

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 1

Its an interesting exercise as in a very simple way its a huge element of the game we lacked, i.e ability to hurt the scoreboard.

1. 20 - Chris Dawes youd think with a little less attention he might slot a handful more......25
  2. 16 - Dom Tyson with a lot more help and a little space........ maybe 20 or so
  3. 15 - James Frawley
  4. 14 - Cam Pedersen.. Probably wont get as many chances or time lets say 10
  5. 13 - Bernie Vince & Jack Watts .....Bernie should snag 15 or so.. Jack is a wild card here. if he played more forward in 15...and why not, we could use another proven fwd and if Watts was the 3rd fwd he might prove interesting , lets say 20
  6. 12 - Dean Kent...... we'll leave Kent at a dozen but he could be electric
  7. 10 - Rohan Bail..... See his opportunites slipping as to goals...but if he found 10 in a rubbish year maybe another 10 in a better year
  8. 9 - JKH. Could be good for a goal a game...so around 20
  9. 7 - Nathan Jones & Mark Jamar...lets say 15 between them

and then comes the add ins.. Hogan...2 a game..say 45

Garlett... 25-35...call it 30

Truck..if he plays say half the games , I see at least a goal a game..so 11..call it an even dozen perhaps 12

i think Howe might chip in for a dozen also

so that hypothetical tally comes to around 246

Looking at it another way we ought to be at least a 4-5 goal a game better side in 2015....or roughly 100 goals better.

• Like 2

Hogan 80

Garlett 48

Watts/Tyson/Viney/Salem/Petracca/ 40

Kent 28

Dawes 27

JKH 25

Howe 21

Call me optimistic, call me deluded, call me unrealistic, call me stupid, but what the hell, if we don't set our expectations high we won't have anything to aim at. Of course I'm expecting too much from Jesse Hogan but sometimes dreams come true.

• Like 1

Hogan 80

Garlett 48

Kent 28

Dawes 27

JKH 25

Howe 21

Call me optimistic, call me deluded, call me unrealistic, call me stupid, but what the hell, if we don't set our expectations high we won't have anything to aim at. Of course I'm expecting too much from Jesse Hogan but sometimes dreams come true.

Hi ODUS

HOGES 101 goals for 2015. Welcome to the new spearhead revolution. The perfect combination of Jason Dunstall and Wayne Carey. Or, ruptures his ACL round 1.

Dawes kicked 30 in his premiership year, his highest tally. He is not a big goal kicker.

Garlett is the one who could kick 40.

Hogan 30

Dawes 20

Tyson 20

Howe 18

Gawn 15

JKH 12

Petracca 10

Kent 12

Bail 10

Jones N 10

Vince 10

Watts 10

On the topic of Hogan, I'm keeping my expectations realistic. Remember, he's still yet to play a game. If he boots 20 in his first season then I'd be a happy man. I'm expecting Dawes to step up next year to boot 30+ with support from guys like Garlett, Kent and Howe. Howe will add 25 goals+ if he returns to the forward line.

Edited by Demon Jack

On the topic of Hogan, I'm keeping my expectations realistic. Remember, he's still yet to play a game. If he boots 20 in his first season then I'd be a happy man. I'm expecting Dawes to step up next year to boot 30+ with support from guys like Garlett, Kent and Howe. Howe will add 25 goals+ if he returns to the forward line.

Let's not wait until Hogan has an opportunity to play a game before we put all our hopes on him. This is pre-season where we become enthusiastic and wildly optimistic. I hate pragmatists and realists. Party poopers!

• Like 2

Hi ODUS

Hi OD. When we're at round 11 and we're sitting in sixth spot with seven wins and a percentage of 128.6, having just beaten the Pies by 83 points, I'll be expecting you to be eating your misplaced pessimism and washing it down with a good bottle of red. When you're done, I want to you to say these words, Here's to you Crawf! Go Dees!

Yeah that is why I am only expecting 100 from him. We will probably rest him for a few for player management.

I am expecting Hogan to be lining for his 151st goal in the Grand Final against StKilda - I am expecting Cowboy Neale to have punched half his ear off but Hogan to still kick that magical 151st goal.

It's December.

• Like 2

I am expecting Hogan to be lining for his 151st goal in the Grand Final against StKilda - I am expecting Cowboy Neale to have punched half his ear off but Hogan to still kick that magical 151st goal.

It's December.

...and then deck 'Cowboy' after he kicks it.

• Like 1

Hogan 80

Garlett 48

Kent 28

Dawes 27

JKH 25

Howe 21

Dear Odus,

No pressure on the young fella.

Hogan 25

Garlett 20

Dawes 20

Watts 15

Tyson15

Vince (the obligatory long bomb) 8

Viney 6

Salem (may play forward and if so) : 15

Petracca 10

Kent 12

JKH 14

Howe (playing back) so 5

Gawn 8

N Jones 7

Russian 5

We need to get about 4 - 5 extra goals a game to be competitive.

Next year should see us with an improved midfield and more run off HB. This will generate increased opportunities for a forward half which will contain more goal-kicking options as well as a bump-up in talent. It wouldn't surprise me if our average goals per game increased from around 10.5 to something like 13. My guess at the 10+ goal contributors is:

Hogan 50

Garlett 38

Dawes 22

Vince 20

Tyson 18

Gawn 18

Howe 15

Kent 15

JKH 15

Watts 15

Petracca 12

Salem 12

Jones N 10

• Like 2

Hogan 40

Garlett 35

Dawes 20

Watts 20

Petracca 20

Tyson 20

Howe 18

Vince 15

Kent 15

JKH 15

Salem 10

N.jones 10

Gawn 5

Jamar 5

Pedersen 5

253 goals for the year plus a few cameos = say 260 goals + 200 points = 11g 8b. Not great but an improvement.