THE ROAD TO ROUND 1, 2015

iv'a worn smith

First game of the 2015 season, MFC v GCS. Home game on a Saturday. Go figure. Likelihood of no Ablett in round one. Winnable? Yeah, I know we thought it was a lay down misere against the Saints this year. At least we are at home round one, and hopefully, we will roll out several stars of the future.

• Like 3

I've booked my accomodation for the Easter weekend so that my youngest son and I can go to the game and hopefully training; but only if they have a session on good friday (fingers crossed). Also, please keep me "in the loop" (god I hate that expression) if there are to be any D'land meetups before the game.

• Like 1

I've booked my accomodation for the Easter weekend so that my youngest son and I can go to the game and hopefully training; but only if they have a session on good friday (fingers crossed). Also, please keep me "in the loop" (god I hate that expression) if there are to be any D'land meetups before the game.

sure thing, i'll meet you and your eldest at The Royal across the road from the G' on Punt Road. A quaint little establishment with excellent bar service.

Oh, be sure to bring some money to tip the "waitresses" too.

• Like 8

I'll go so far as to say this game will be the MOST defining game of our season.

Win and we set up for the year LOSE and well I don't really want to contemplate it.

WE SIMPLY MUST WIN THIS FIRST UP VERY WINNABLE GAME

I'll go so far as to say this game will be the MOST defining game of our season.

Win and we set up for the year LOSE and well I don't really want to contemplate it.

WE SIMPLY MUST WIN THIS FIRST UP VERY WINNABLE GAME

I have to admit that I actually agree with this. I don't want to get to far ahead though as we always seem to have important injuries early in the year. This year we had nearly all of our talls injured. Dawes will already be unavailable. Not much margin for error as far as key forwards are concerned.

Maybe it might be pouring.

sure thing, i'll meet you and your eldest at The Royal across the road from the G' on Punt Road. A quaint little establishment with excellent bar service.

Well he is 12, so the next time Porkies hits the Foxtel programming rounds, I'll sit him down and let him know that this is what comprises a pre-game meet D'land style. I assume the game will be followed by a gathering and post mortem at, or near, the Gatwick? (would be nice to revisit my old stomping grounds in the Fitzroy St area).

Well he is 12, so the next time Porkies hits the Foxtel programming rounds, I'll sit him down and let him know that this is what comprises a pre-game meet D'land style. I assume the game will be followed by a gathering and post mortem at, or near, the Gatwick? (would be nice to revisit my old stomping grounds in the Fitzroy St area).

The Royal will be good for the boy. Will save that "awkward" talk you have to have. Although kids know it all already these days.

The Royal will be good for the boy. Will save that "awkward" talk you have to have. Although kids know it all already these days.

Yeah... I thought it would be more a case of comparing notes than providing advice.

• Like 3

First game of the 2015 season, MFC v GCS. Home game on a Saturday. Go figure. Likelihood of no Ablett in round one. Winnable????. Yeah, I know we thought it was a lay down misere against the Saints this year. At least we are at home round one, and hopefully, we will roll out several stars of the future.

Why wouldn't Ablett play?

My wife took me to the royal for the first time. She is a good girl

Why wouldn't Ablett play?

His shoulder is still dodgy.

Couldn't lift his arms at Brownlow to put medal over Priddis's head.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Jetta McDonald Dunn

Lamumba Garland Grimes

Michie Viney Toumpas

Vince Dawes Howe

Gartlett Hogan Watts

Jamar Tyson N Jones

Int: Petracca, Kent, Cross

Sub. Brayshaw

emerg: Frost Salem Gawn

2nds , Mckenzie, Bail, JKH, Terlich, Barry, Hunt, Spencer, Stretch, Fitz, Pedersen, M Jones, JT* (LTI)

• Like 1

His shoulder is still dodgy.

Couldn't lift his arms at Brownlow to put medal over Priddis's head.

Surely he'll be right by late march... I haven't heard of a shoulder injury ever keeping someone out for 8 months.

Surely he'll be right by late march... I haven't heard of a shoulder injury ever keeping someone out for 8 months.

Listening to SEN this morning, the reports are that the Doctors have not been happy with the recovery process so far and there have been some setbacks.

Listening to SEN this morning, the reports are that the Doctors have not been happy with the recovery process so far and there have been some setbacks.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification . Glad that he may not be there to kill us, but disappointed at the same time - watching him in full flight is something else.

• Like 1

Oh ok thanks for the clarification . Glad that he may not be there to kill us, but disappointed at the same time - watching him in full flight is something else.

Agreed. I hadn't seen him in the flesh as a GCS player until this year. The way he gets through traffic and still hits a player on the chest 50+ metres away is astonishing

It's one of the only guarantees in football. Melbourne will lose round 1, regardless of the opposition.

Not next year! I have tipped them for the past 10 years. I will sacrifice and do the right thing by the team!

TSFKA you deviate you! The only real action will be at the G!

It is nice to see other Demonlanders are prepared to keep members 'abreast' of available meeting places for before the game. One hopes that that our players will do our 'strip' proud.

Nice but will be at the Cricketers as usual

We have to be considered mighty lucky to be in Melbourne in Round 1. In fact, we have not been interstate in Round 1 since 1998, where we played Fremantle in Perth. Since then, we've been at Etihad twice (2006 v Carlton, 2014 v St Kilda) and every other Round 1 game has been at the MCG.

The other Victorian sides last interstate Round 1 game:

• Carlton - 2004
  • Collingwood - 1990 (but now 2015)
  • Essendon - 2013 (and again 2015)
  • Geelong - 2012
  • Hawthorn - 2011
  • North Melbourne - 2011 (and again 2015)
  • Richmond - 2014
  • St Kilda - 2013
  • Bulldogs - 2014

Collingwood's had its charmed run end this year, which will make us next cab off the rank. Better get to Round 1 next year, the one after is surely going to be out of Victoria.

We have to be considered mighty lucky to be in Melbourne in Round 1. In fact, we have not been interstate in Round 1 since 1998, where we played Fremantle in Perth.

Remember that game well really hot day which hampered us in the end, wouldn't mind us having another season like 1998

• Like 1

Remember that game well really hot day which hampered us in the end, wouldn't mind us having another season like 1998

Probably lacked a proper pre - season

Edited by jackaub

It makes sense to have the Melbourne teams play in Melbourne, though. Even Melbourne v GC at the MCG Round 1 is going to get 10-15k more than what the crowd would be on the GC. I predict 28k-35k.