Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

Poor bloke! Quality shines in adversity, and this guy has both in spades.There are those who say these things only happen to those who are strong enough to bear them; I think this is certainly true of Jack. I think a lot of people on this site will back him in.

• Like 5

I'm sure the club will do its duty in providing JT the best medical outcome, and whilst I don't want to pre-empt further diagnostics, the club would be crazy to keep him on the list, rookie or otherwise. It's become unlikely his foot will recover to AFL standard now, and if it does, it's a very very long and uncertain road back. A horrible situation, but the way footy is, there's no room for keeping players on as an act of pure good will with no value to be gained on game day.

I don't think we can delist him if he's contracted and has an injury, that whilst unlikely in your opinion, is still potentially fixable. He'd have to retire if he felt that was his best option and from his post it sounds like he's keen to give it another go.

I believe with big John Meesen we dropped him back to the rookie list under a similar scenario but it's mainly frowned upon.

I wonder if we'd consider paying his contract and trading him with pick 90 to another club who can use the spot on the list for him and have him completely for free. Just to give him a fresh mental start and some new medical/rehab advice. Of course any team that took him would be taking a gamble using a list spot for nothing but they do that with late pick all the time.

Bad luck happens. But the current team looking after Trengove can't seem to fix him or pick up on problems quick enough.

Time for Europe or USA and a new approach.

Just finished some physio treatment on my ankle and was talking with my practitioner about Trengove.

He just said that its a real debilitating injury and due to the fact that the area receives very low blood supply they're really difficult to heal. Reckons if he's re-injured it back to square he'd be a very remote chance of getting back to AFL level footy.

Webber might share further insight.

Just finished some physio treatment on my ankle and was talking with my practitioner about Trengove.

He just said that its a real debilitating injury and due to the fact that the area receives very low blood supply they're really difficult to heal. Reckons if he's re-injured it back to square he'd be a very remote chance of getting back to AFL level footy.

Webber might share further insight.

That's pretty much what Webber already said.

That's pretty much what Webber already said.

I was thinking more along the actual anatomy of the area and detail on the injury, not so much the possible outcome.

Should I just Google it?

Mixed feelings about this.

Obviously, the foot flaring up again would have left a sinking feeling in the stomach for everyone, particularly for Jack himself. The kid deserves some luck!

However, I was expecting to wake up this morning with a headline of "Tigers secure Trengove" and pictures of him in a Tigers polo. I wasn't ready to lose him for peanuts. Seeing this would have hurt more.

Will be a great footy story when (if) he comes back. The kid has a wonderful attitude, one of the main reasons I didn't want to see the back of him. I'm backing him for 2016 and beyond.

However, I was expecting to wake up this morning with a headline of "Tigers secure Trengove" and pictures of him in a Tigers polo. I wasn't ready to lose him for peanuts. Seeing this would have hurt more.

What you would not have known, is that under that Tigers polo was a ticking timebomb of a player who was about to suffer a possibly career ending injury. It was only unfortunate timing that this didn't become Richmond's problem.

(I'd still have been shattered for Jack either way)

• Like 2

Poor guy can't take a trick. Bloody unlucky.

This whole saga pretty much sums up the club in a nutshell. Doomed to wallow in perpetual mediocrity.

If anyone ever doubted th a Norm Smith curse surely they would recognize and acknowledge it now.

So many potential champions cut down or limited in their prime, and here is jus t one more.

Just a quality kid ! If there is any justice in this world he will make a full recovery and show the football what he can do. Hopefully in the red and blue.

But that is just the point ; there is no justice.

Merde happens, and especially to this club.

Good on you Jack stay positive champ. I'm happy your staying.

A little annoyed though shouldn't he have been off legs until the new year?

Medical staff will need to search far and wide to ensure this is the last time. get it done.

we have had 2 many loading/foot injuries

Good on you Jack stay positive champ. I'm happy your staying.

A little annoyed though shouldn't he have been off legs until the new year?

Medical staff will need to search far and wide to ensure this is the last time. get it done.

we have had 2 many loading/foot injuries

I think we need to search far & wide for medical staff.

So he has been running around with pain in his foot again.

And has to be diagnosed by another club.

I think we need to search far & wide for medical staff.

So he has been running around with pain in his foot again.

And has to be diagnosed by another club.

Agree review required . Viney Clarke Grimes Trenners -prevention is the way with potentially career ending foot injuries -

Would love for nothing more than to see this kid get to the level he seems so clearly destined for before the MFC and injuries intervened.

What a bizarre position to be in, especially with the potential trade and rumoured on-trade.

Would've been absolutely gutted to see him as a Richmond player but this is so much worse. I hope Jack can get full-fitness and don the red and blue again. He's a sensational bloke but, apart from that, it's just such a shame to see any up and coming kid cut down when they should be hitting their prime.

Best of luck, Jack.

• Like 2

Is it worrying that Richmond's medical team were the only ones who picked this up...? Would the Demons have done scans on him at some point soon if not for the trade...?

The mischievous way of looking at it would be that the Melbourne medical team/coaching panel knew that they were selling Richmond damaged goods....

Edited by cfe

Do you honestly not think that Trengove actually injured it in overstrenuous testing during his medical?

I do.

I simply can't see the club putting the trade together, actively promoting it like it has gone through, and then being blindsided by an existing injury that presumably he was keeping to himself, or that they ignored.

All we are left now is a remote chance that this is the proverbial blessing in disguise. Fate deals all the cards. Let Jack rest and get well, go north and get some sun and sand. Forget about him for six months and he'll comes back to kick arse.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1