Money

Whispering_Jack

It's been reported that we're back in the black despite a horror season with very few profitable home fixtures apart from the QB Blockbuster.

I was once told that football clubs can play around with their figures but I accept what PJ says and am calling it a minor miracle. Imagine what we could do if we strung together a few wins early next season and suddenly became a finals contender?

Melbourne CEO Peter Jackson declares the Demons made a profit in 2014 despite just four wins

• Like 6

Will wait until I've reviewed the financial statements before I get a full idea of where we're at. Hopefully we've whittled down some of that debt on the acquisitions from a couple of years ago.

Still, it's great news none the less. PJ is the man.

Edited by 1858

It's been reported that we're back in the black despite a horror season with very few profitable home fixtures apart from the QB Blockbuster.

I was once told that football clubs can play around with their figures but I accept what PJ says and am calling it a minor miracle. Imagine what we could do if we strung together a few wins early next season and suddenly became a finals contender?

Melbourne CEO Peter Jackson declares the Demons made a profit in 2014 despite just four wins

another reason to not give us a pp?

He's no Cam Schwab but at least PJ has some accounting skills.

• Like 3

What would a real accountant make of your business/s Biff?

My receipts all got burned BBo.

It happens nearly all the time.

My receipts all got burned BBo.

It happens nearly all the time.

Don't worry Biff. You can always fool the authorities by saying your income comes from your pro wrestling career. That being said, even that is a little suspicious.

Truly astonishing.

To produce this sort of result given the woeful nature of our on-field performances is the football equivalent of defying gravity.

The calm, measured approach of PJ is wonderfully refreshing.

How reassuring it is for our club to not be leaking like a sieve - congratulations to PJ, Roos and the coaching/administrative staff.

Fingers crossed for a productive Trade Period.

• Like 3

Not to mention the blazers.

Can't believe Bris are $12mill in debt and Saints lost $2.6mill this year.

The profit would have been higher moon but we had to write them off this year.

Not even the salvos would take them.

They were finally placed at the lost dogs home to line kennels.

Well at least they are keeping some pups warm.

• Like 1

V

You can take pot shots at cam but he Did wipe out 5 mill of our debt, also he Did unite the mfc back with the mcc that give the mfc extra million dollars a year, so in terms of bussiness cam was not that bad, but he Did lose his way, but he had tied all his success on the team improving on field, when that did not happen and when the kangaroo court happened over tanking, where the mfc were the only team investergated and punished

• Like 1

The profit would have been higher moon but we had to write them off this year.

Not even the salvos would take them.

They were finally placed at the lost dogs home to line kennels.

Well at least they are keeping some pups warm.

Ah well... It lives!

Walk past the Blazer Bar ground floor MCC and there you will see the MFC blazer on display next to the MCC blazer (which I proudly wear), the MCC (Lords) blazer, the Hong Kong Cricket Club blazer and others!

But back on topic: debt free and in the black, thank you PJ.

Now for a better season in '15 and (I hope) an even better result!

The best thing about a very dark year has been the fact that the focus has been exclusively on the playing list and on field. Roosy made a potential mistake when he bought up tanking as it had the potential to open the flood gates again and start an orgy of blame and recriminations towards previous regimes. However, PJ's management of the club has allowed us not to have been fraught with the mess ups of years before: signing Facebook using cowboy capitalists up to sponsor us on unbelievable terms with money that they don't have, losing Melbourne supporting sponsors by playing their deals off against other sponsors, issuing a six figure investigation into the club then burying it's findings when they don't tell you exactly what you want to hear, borrowing money from the club for a home loan, sticking your nose into recruiting and drafting when you are supposed to be the CEO.

Nothing that has happened this year has come close to the insanity of 2008 to 2013 and for that we can be thankful.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

Ah well... It lives!

Walk past the Blazer Bar ground floor MCC and there you will see the MFC blazer on display next to the MCC blazer (which I proudly wear), the MCC (Lords) blazer, the Hong Kong Cricket Club blazer and others!

But back on topic: debt free and in the black, thank you PJ.

Now for a better season in '15 and (I hope) an even better result!

Am I meant to be impressed Dee Dee?

because I am not.

Winning games and finals impresses me not snobs in 19th Century blazers.

• Like 2

Paul Gardner used to tell us we were flying and in the black.

We discovered after he had gone that there was a $5m black hole. Maybe that's what he meant. Disastrous regime...

The best thing about a very dark year has been the fact that the focus has been exclusively on the playing list and on field. Roosy made a potential mistake when he bought up tanking as it had the potential to open the flood gates again and start an orgy of blame and recriminations towards previous regimes. However, PJ's management of the club has allowed us not been fraught with the mess ups of years before: signing Facebook using cowboy capitalists up to sponsor us on unbelievable terms with money that they don't have, losing Melbourne supporting sponsors by playing their deals off against other sponsors, issuing a six figure investigation into the club then burying it's findings when they don't tell you exactly what you want to hear, borrowing money from the club for a home loan, sticking your nose into recruiting and drafting when you are supposed to be the CEO.

Nothing that has happened this year has come close to the insanity of 2008 to 2013 and for that we can be thankful.

That covers in beautifully CBF

V

You can take pot shots at cam but he Did wipe out 5 mill of our debt, also he Did unite the mfc back with the mcc that give the mfc extra million dollars a year, so in terms of bussiness cam was not that bad, but he Did lose his way, but he had tied all his success on the team improving on field, when that did not happen and when the kangaroo court happened over tanking, where the mfc were the only team investergated and punished

You are delusional if you believe this. He was worse than Gardner.

In fact over the past 7 years he is responsible IMO for the complete and utter mess this club is in.

Oh and BTW it was Jimmy not Cam

Edited by jnrmac
  • Like 2