Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Adelaide clearly have a cap problem and they are hoping their loyal clubman can take one for the team.

They haven't tabled an offer because Connors has told them to rethink their offers and let him know when they are fair dinkum.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 1

Well, the funniest scenario that might eventuate out of all this is that they lose him next year for nothing, after compo picks are scrapped following universal outrage for us receiving pick 3 for Frawley.

Oh, the presser from Roosy if that happens... one for the ages. "Told you so."

Edited by Lamashtu

Well, the funniest scenario that might eventuate out of all this is that they lose him next year for nothing, after compo picks are scrapped following universal outrage for us receiving pick 3 for Frawley.

Oh, the presser from Roosy if that happens... one for the ages. "Told you so."

don't think Roosy's solution to FA is to change it so that the shafted minnow club gets absolutely nothing

• Like 1

don't think Roosy's solution to FA is to change it so that the shafted minnow club gets absolutely nothing

Just meant he'd laugh if Adelaide passed up picks 3 and 20 this year after warning them time and time again, if next year they get absolutely nothing.

Either way, Roosy is a voice people listen to, but the AFLPA have brought this in and the AFL can't do a thing.

Paddy is staying put this year... Won't be traded !

I agree...but he wont resign with Adelaide. I think he's going to say something like " I need time to see who the coach is and how he operates before I can make up my mind and sign" which will turn into " Im just concentrating on my football and will decide by the end of the season" which will turn into the headline this time next year..." Hawks get their man" and "Danger glad the decision making process is done and wrapped to be a part of HFC" and a story that includes the line " I love the AFC but its better for both parties etc etc and I just want to win a flag" its already predictable

Where is this all going??......I think the AFL is changing before our eyes. Clubs like ours will most likely never lure a big fish... again. In fact we now will probably only ever get a few years w the players we'd want to keep before they're going to want to leave to bigger clubs.

Bigger question is........How long before the fans start deserting a comp like this? I wont stop buying a membership but Melbourne heart is looking increasingly enticing

• Like 3

year of pain coming up for the Crows and their supporters unless they trade him now

Yep, but managers know all about how to get players through this kind of stuff now. He'll survive but people will wonder why his output is down. Theres a new manual they read now called " 1000 lies to tell the public and your footy mates to make it to the club you want" its recently been reprinted as Clarke added a whole new chapter

Yep the old year of pain, will he sign? wont he sign? And meanwhile back at the Ranch, Hawthorn, Geelong and Swans plan their attack.

The Frawley Game.

Kinda familiar

• Like 2

They would get band 1 compo for him if he goes after next year although he is likely to keep them up the ladder a little and deny them an extra top 10 pick . its re -sign or trade now imo I couldnt see the dees giving up 2 and 3 for him. maybe a pick and a player or a shuffling of picks.

Sadly this is spot on. We have to pay big overs ($ and trade picks) to get players the year before their free agency. The successful large clubs just wait for the following year and get the free agent for no draft pick(s) and less coin.

Free agency is spitting on the notion of equalisation and farting on it simulaneously.

Assuming Dangerfield is a RFA which means the Crows can match any contract other teams throw at him. So if it's unders they'll match it - not sure what happens from there though?

I agree...but he wont resign with Adelaide. I think he's going to say something like " I need time to see who the coach is and how he operates before I can make up my mind and sign" which will turn into " Im just concentrating on my football and will decide by the end of the season" which will turn into the headline this time next year..." Hawks get their man" and "Danger glad the decision making process is done and wrapped to be a part of HFC" and a story that includes the line " I love the AFC but its better for both parties etc etc and I just want to win a flag" its already predictable

Where is this all going??......I think the AFL is changing before our eyes. Clubs like ours will most likely never lure a big fish... again. In fact we now will probably only ever get a few years w the players we'd want to keep before they're going to want to leave to bigger clubs.

Bigger question is........How long before the fans start deserting a comp like this? I wont stop buying a membership but Melbourne heart is looking increasingly enticing

Absolutely spot on with that deduction Wellsy , my thoughts exactly….. EPL all over again!! the lesser teams have become nurseries for the rich clubs and the fans will leave in droves if this is allowed to continue….

I will certainly not be a member of MFC if this becomes the status quo and we have no hope of success !!!!

Yep and we will, if need be.

Based off Roos comments regards FA I wouldn't doubt it but I reckon Chunk is a different breed when it comes to digging in and knowing what the meaning of true honour in the pursuit of success is.

• Like 5

Based off Roos comments regards FA I wouldn't doubt it but I reckon Chunk is a different breed when it comes to digging in and knowing what the meaning of true honour in the pursuit of success is.

Chunk is a different proposition. He's probably the one player on our list Roos would give as much time as possible to make up his mind. Do whatever it takes to keep him. Chip's card was stamped as soon as he said "I'll wait and see what happens". That's why he was put forward this year, to develop our backline without him. Roos is smart, Chip... not so much. If we get pick 3, we win big time.

• Like 2

If Nate Jones won't re-sign this year, should we trade him?

Yes.

Enough examples have gone before him now that signal the intent of those that don't sign the year before becoming a free agent.

That was a horrible sentence, but you get my drift.

It would suck if it came to that. But would suck more if he left via FA.

Sign, or we pull the trigger.

• Like 1

But the EPL is popular due to a few factors.

It's tribal, you support your team where you were born.

People from other countires mainly follow the big 5 teams.

There is the title to win, qualify for Champions league, Qualify Europa, Win FA cup and the other cup, can' think wahat its called these days

plus relegation.

So there are mini battles all over the place and if your a bottom club you still have interest as you want to ensure you don't get relegated.

The AFL has the premiership cup... the end.