GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

I'm sure Roos will be fielding a lot of questions on AFL360 tonight... should be interesting. May need to drag out my old body language references.

mitch clark's manager on SEN.

We caught up last friday

We met with AFL, AFPLA and Viney and no certainty would get back through his next phase of training.

Chat planned with Roos.

"Freemantle a joke."

Everything still up in the air. Will talk to Melbourne.

couple of days before he chats with Roos although he may do so earlier.

To say he won't play with Melbourne today isn't true today

Media out of control.

Getting away from old situation to clear the air has been communicated to Mitch.

Audio kept dropping out.

Mark Stevens says MC met with Roos today.

So either his manager is not in the loop or is a stinking liar!

He said he just got out of a meeting, probably still a stinking liar though

• Like 1

Rubbish.

If Clark leaves Melbourne I'll be very unhappy with his behavior, but to claim somebody faked being depressed is to belittle a very serious condition. It is offensive not just to Mitch but anyone who has or knows somebody who has suffered from the condition.

Good post - Mitch is a person amd some of what has been posted on here is disgraceful. While it has been an emotional day for supporters it pales in comparison to what MC must be feeling with this blowing up. Lets just see where this goes before personally attacksing the guy.

The audio was cutting out for me too (got to hear their ad 4 times though, thanks SEN).

Let's be honest all the manager had to say was "No guarantee that Clark will return to AFL football, but if he does it will be with Melbourne"

Instead there was umming and aahing and fence-sitting.

I still reckon he's a goner.

• Like 2

The audio was cutting out for me too (got to hear their ad 4 times though, thanks SEN).

Let's be honest all the manager had to say was "No guarantee that Clark will return to AFL football, but if he does it will be with Melbourne"

Instead there was umming and aahing and fence-sitting.

I still reckon he's a goner.

I reckon the manager has jumped the gun, or both Clark and he have jumped the gun. Interested to hear from Clark himself.

Having just heard his manager speak Mitch is still in the mix at the MFC.

The media Bullshite coming out today is just not correct.

What GNF posted earlier today is not what was said by his manager at all

50/50

I don't know, for some reason I found his manager difficult to believe. I thought the questioning was pretty weak, but it's no surprise when Ox agreed it was similar to Egan situation at Geelong (it's nothing like that situation).

• Like 2

"To say he won't play with Melbourne today isn't true today, still has to speak to Paul (Roos) so to it may become true later in the week, I don't know"

Mark Stevens says MC met with Roos today.

So either his manager is not in the loop or is a stinking liar!

Surely "still has to speak to Roos" has to be total BS - wouldn't he be amongst the first to speak with??? Sounds like player manager double speak...lower forms of life than politicians, lawyers, used car salesmen, and pimps.

• Like 1

I don't know, for some reason I found his manager difficult to believe. I thought the questioning was pretty weak, but it's no surprise when Ox agreed it was similar to Egan situation at Geelong (it's nothing like that situation).

But what was said was that there was no agreement he wouldn't play at the MFC.

What Barrett said was overstating until a meeting with Roos and PJ.

Acute case of poster envy.

You need to see MC's doctor.

His diagnosis will be to post but on another forum..

See @mitchjclark exclusively on @7NewsMelbourne and @Talking_Footy7 . I think @melbournefc will be pleased with what he says

Verified Ch 7 Sports Journalist... have we all been jumping at shadows?

I think some have been hearing what they want to hear. I think we need to be a bit more careful of believing one source from a poster here who is taken as gospel. So far on this issue he has done a complete about face and if Clarks manager is to be believed then the about face is not correct.

• Like 2

"the doctors advice was to completely change things"

Paraphrased from his manager.

He's gone boys.

He wasn't depressed when he was playing, surely it was the fact he spent 18 months alone in rehab. That would depress anyone and is a completely different environment then with the boys as a part of the team.

Rubbish.

If Clark leaves Melbourne I'll be very unhappy with his behavior, but to claim somebody faked being depressed is to belittle a very serious condition. It is offensive not just to Mitch but anyone who has or knows somebody who has suffered from the condition.

Some people were entertaining every possibility. I dont see any need to take offense to it nor do I see any problem with people entertaining the scenario.

With the right to an opinion comes a responsibility to know what you're talking about.

If that were the case, the the Mods (including you Nasher) need to deleted 99.5% of posts. I thought this was an opinion based site. Mostly subjective, partly objective