GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

The fact that he is coming back at all gives us a bonus that we didn't expect. Somehow the shrewd managers of the club will be trying to turn this into a win.

Whatever the outcome, regardless of any outrage, jabberw has hit the nail on the head. (I guess those super-optimists who always were sure he was coming back to us will think differently).

• Like 1

If anyone can talk Clark into remaining at Melbourne, it's Paul Roos.

It's a very positive step if he's indeed going to chat with him.

Watts was all but gone and Roos convinced him to stay. Roos also convinced Tyson to come across, when he wasn't even contemplating leaving GWS.

Here's hoping that Roos can make it happen.

• Like 4

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, let's make judgements once we have all the facts, making decisions based on a muppets guesses (ie Barrett) is pretty silly.

Far too sensible for a football fan's forum.

• Like 3

A bit on the AFL website from Barrett, says that Clark is going and will stay in Victoria, but Barrett is not 100% willing to commit to this as things could change.

He also said that he will be delisted by Melbourne at the end of the year as was their agreement.

In other words, we don't know any more.

• Like 1

Dees have paid him out, so as per agreement, will be delisted.

But things change now that he has stated we wants to play again.. so club and player set to work out best options. Fair bit to play out yet.

Edited by Demon3
  • Like 2

I don't quite get the situation at all.

The options are:

A. We trade him.

B. We re-sign him.

C. We delist him.

If we delist, his options depend on whether or not he was *officially* retired. If officially, he has to go through the draft. If he wasnt officially retired, he can sign with whoever.

Why would they delist him?

Seems likely he'll either remain on our list, or we'll trade him.

Because if we don't delist him, we'll be paying him 750k to do nothing next year.

Is it possible that this is a ploy to ensure we get our PP?

Clark, management and co don't make official statements to say he wants back to the club. AFL thinks "Melbourne screwed again, probably can't deny them a PP now".

Then after we are told we are getting one Clark says he wants to return to Melbourne?

GNF did say we'll go out of our way to deny his return to take the pressure off...

Unlikely the club would play games using Mitch, given his mental health issues.

Trade options if he goes to Saints.

1. Priority pick 3 and Clark for pick 1 - guaranteeing us Petracca

2. Saints 2nd Round Pick - 20

But hey, the saints will be wanting him to walk to the PSD.

Read an article last week where the Saints want to trade their way into having 3 top 20 picks.

If Mitch leaves, we should be entitled, without much debate, to the FA compo a player of his value and age would be worth.

He was paid more than Frawley... would be band 1.

If Frawley and Clark have got to go, and we have picks (2),3,4 as a result, I'd trust Roo's and co to make that a win for us, Tyson style. :)

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

For all to assume that Roosy and Jackson are not all over this is laughable - the intellect that these 2 alone have have got to mean there's something in the works.

It seems now that we may have simply have been "fattening up the pig before the market" - Get Clark into some sort of position where he looks a promising proposition to many clubs and then get the trade talk started.

If in fact there are some sort of truths behind the Tex Walker / Dangerfield rumours then we need to have some sort of ammunition to trade with - Clark may just give us that - not directly but get into some three way *chuckles* action and it may just become a reality.

remember, 2 months ago as far as we knew, this bloke was just going to walk away from the game - now at least we get something for him - and it may be something worth cheering about.

• Like 1

For all to assume that Roosy and Jackson are not all over this is laughable - the intellect that these 2 alone have have got to mean there's something in the works.

It seems now that we may have simply have been "fattening up the pig before the market" - Get Clark into some sort of position where he looks a promising proposition to many clubs and then get the trade talk started.

If in fact there are some sort of truths behind the Tex Walker / Dangerfield rumours then we need to have some sort of ammunition to trade with - Clark may just give us that - not directly but get into some three way *chuckles* action and it may just become a reality.

remember, 2 months ago as far as we knew, this bloke was just going to walk away from the game - now at least we get something for him - and it may be something worth cheering about.

yes also my suspicion.

Maybe mitch saud he'd decide whether he'd play for the dees again based on responses on this and facebook pages (bye mitch)

Oh Puh-Lees. If Mitch leaves based on comments on the internet then he needs to man up and he is not the type of player that we want playing like a DEMON.

• Like 2

Maybe mitch saud he'd decide whether he'd play for the dees again based on responses on this and facebook pages (bye mitch)

If I was Mitch and I read this forum, I'd probably leave.

Some of the supporters on here are so quick to jump all over him and insult him, it's pathetic.

• Like 4

I suspect Mitch fears the pressure that he feels at the MFC to save the team week in week out, and the effect that may have on his mental health. If so, then we need to make the best of his leaving.

• Like 1

Gary and Barret agreed that the compo for Mitch should be better than Frawleys....based on the investment we have made on him

Well Barret didn't necessarily agree..

Sounds like Mitch is gone to another Vic club which is unbelievably bad form IMO

Anyway, if we DO wind up with two compos we will have pick 2,3 and 4!

Pick 3/4 is actually a better result for us than getting Clark back I reckon, given his potential to miss games and relatively few years left

Dees have paid him out, so as per agreement, will be delisted.

But things change now that he has stated we wants to play again.. so club and player set to work out best options. Fair bit to play out yet.

If we didnt include something in the severance agreement to cover ourselves in the event he returned to playing then we are still an amateur club run by incompetent morons and we deserve whatever we get. Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 4

we will get shafted here, no doubt. This sounds pretty bad, but the only justice we will get out of this is if his comeback at a more successful club never materialises due to his body failing him. We're over a barrel here, the guy will have very little trade value, too big a risk to give up anything decent.

Absolutely no doubt about this. All an elaborate ruse to get back to WA. I can only hope the AFL really come down hard on this but my gut feeling is they probably won't.

Doubt the reactions on this forum would be different to any other clubs. Imagine the squealing from the Pies or Blues if they were in the same position. McGuire would be apoplectic .

I trust Jackson, Mahoney and Roos to make the best of the situation but they may be constrained by the teams of the agreement signed when Clark left.

• Like 1