• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

If I was Mitch and I read this forum, I'd probably leave.

Some of the supporters on here are so quick to jump all over him and insult him, it's pathetic.

Second sentence is true. But if anyone made a decision based on what is posted here, they are a fool.

If Mitch leaves, we should be entitled, without much debate, to the FA compo a player of his value and age would be worth.

He was paid more than Frawley... would be band 1.

If Frawley and Clark have got to go, and we have picks (2),3,4 as a result, I'd trust Roo's and co to make that a win for us, Tyson style. :)

That scenario sounds plausible to me and fits with our request for special assistance i reckon and even more so with PJ making a distinction between special assistance and a PP (ie saying we were not requesting a PP).

I reckon it would be a fair compromise for us to get a first round compo pick for him (perhaps mid or end of first round as will definitely still be a risk to pick up with his injury and health history?)

• Like 1

Mitch in another jumper of a Melbourne based club would be super disappointing, but he always gave 100% and played for the jumper like few others - just want the best for Mitch.

IMO I see this as a win-win for the club. Either we keep the bloke or trade him and get good compo in return.

Let's get the best result for the club whichever way it goes.

Just saw what Gaz said on that video with mr. piggy, totally agree with his tone and comments.

Edited by pitchfork

Can't disagree with Gary there. If the AFL were only entertaining the idea of an end of first round PP for us, Clark defecting would be reason enough to bump that up to a pick after our first. Can't imagine other clubs kicking up a stink about it without looking like insensitive flogs, given how such a defection from Clark to another Melbourne based club would be received. Given the class and sensitivity we showed Mitch throughout, I'm damn proud of how this club conducted itself and that should be factored into the equation.

Hopefully just getting ahead of myself here and everything works out for all parties, but if this is an outcome we can pursue (if everything turns to [censored] and the rumors are true) then PJ and PR will be all over it. Suddenly that request for a PP a month ago seems much more calculating than I initially thought.

Still hoping this is all a horrible misunderstanding but the silence is deafening for what are very concerning rumors.

• Like 2

Absolutely no doubt about this. All an elaborate ruse to get back to WA. I can only hope the AFL really come down hard on this but my gut feeling is they probably won't.

Guys, really, just showing a pretty poor level of maturity here, without pulling out the "I've gone through this or I have a friend" lines - Mitch was genuinely a very sick person and it still surprises me now after the recent news and education pieces following Robin Williams etc. that people still have this outlook on people that have been ill will depression.

I'm right there with everyone that it is painful to imaging Mitch playing in other colours next year but we WILL be compensated in one way or another, lets try and be mature enough to say "it's crap that you're not playing for us any more - but it's good to see that you're well."

I've got faith that Roosy and PJ will look after us to get us through.

• Like 7

Absolutely no doubt about this. All an elaborate ruse to get back to WA. I can only hope the AFL really come down hard on this but my gut feeling is they probably won't.

picket FFS there is nothing in that whole post that has any basis in fact

• Like 1

I'm very happy with the decision I've made. Obviously I miss the boys and miss the Melbourne footy club a little bit," Clark said.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-09-07/dees-want-say-in-clarks-plans-for-2015

If this one paragraph doesnt say it all then what does ??

If Clark wants to play at another club so be it .

But Clark first pay back all the Money the Melbourne football club have dished out to you in supporting you .

Then take your Bag and Ball and Never set foot on our MCG again because you will not be welcome

Next the AFL if they allow this to happen certainly must compensate the MFC

I like all other Melbourne supporters are sick of of seeing the MFC being the AFLS whipping boys .

If Clark goes down this path which is seeming more likely every day I would hope that all MFC supporters would never forgive nor forget .

But If some how Clark wakes up to himself and stays with the Melbourne Football club (which I believe at this point in time is around about the same amount of chance we have of winning the GF next year ) Then so much the better .

Guys, really, just showing a pretty poor level of maturity here, without pulling out the "I've gone through this or I have a friend" lines - Mitch was genuinely a very sick person and it still surprises me now after the recent news and education pieces following Robin Williams etc. that people still have this outlook on people that have been ill will depression.

I'm right there with everyone that it is painful to imaging Mitch playing in other colours next year but we WILL be compensated in one way or another, lets try and be mature enough to say "it's crap that you're not playing for us any more - but it's good to see that you're well."

I've got faith that Roosy and PJ will look after us to get us through.

Sure I feel sorry for MC with his illness.

However, if I see him run out in another clubs colours. No illness will excuse that dog act after all the support we have shown him.

I am sick of reading crap regarding any player be it Clark/Frawley or whoever, that they are undecided about what they want. Be an adult and say what you want to happen rather the loiter in shadows, bunch of game players.

Edited by Al's Demons

Like someone else said, looks like we are just a talent pool for other clubs to pick the best from.

Like who?

Pettard, Cheney, Buckley, Morton, Moloney?

Don't say Stef Martin, he has had a few good games, like he did with us, lets see that week in week out before you start flogging that horse.

Oh and dont even mention Scully either, that clown has done nothing.

Edited by AzzKikA
  • Like 3

When Mitch either returns to us or does the right thing by us ie. agree to a trade, a lot of demonlanders will need to have a good hard look at themselves. The disgusting vitriol shown here is an indictment on our club and the majority of supporters. Based on nothing but speculation from journos who have repeatedly been discredited and chastised on this very forum, many have chosen to attack personally a man who is suffering a mental illness. Get a grip!

• Like 18

Sure I feel sorry for MC with his illness.

However, if I see him run out in another clubs colours. No illness will excuse that dog act after all the support we have shown him.

Really?? sometimes it's just not worth it mate, it really isn't...

"dog act" - it's almost as if you're saying it because everyone else is.

Heaven forbid MFC help out a guy that has depression to get him back on his feet, a guy that put his head on the line every time he ran out on the filed for us (sometimes even bloody landing on it!) a guy that took his health in to his own hands and said that he had to step away to get it right.

You fickle little vermin that keep calling it a "dog act" really need to start coming up with your own opinions because this "dog act" comment doesn't fly.

If anything this could be a success story for Melbourne - able to get a bloke that was done and dusted and in the lowest point of his career and life and we've been able to assist in getting him right enough to not only look forward in his life but actually get back to doing what he loves - wherever that may be.

I continue to support the MFC for assisting Mitch with this and acknowledge we will be rewarded for it in one way or another. COUNT ON IT.

• Like 3

To me there are two out comes, one he plays for Melbourne or 2 he walks as a delisted free agent to who ever he wants to. All this talk about trading and compo picks, don't get excited the club he chooses doesn't need to trade with us and the AFL couldn't care less.

• Like 1

To me there are two out comes, one he plays for Melbourne or 2 he walks as a delisted free agent to who ever he wants to. All this talk about trading and compo picks, don't get excited the club he chooses doesn't need to trade with us and the AFL couldn't care less.

He won't be a delisted free agent. If we've made him an offer then that outcome is off the table. His options are playing for us, being traded or walking to the draft. We won't be letting him walk as a DFA because that would net us nothing at all in return. Goodwill only goes so far.

picket FFS there is nothing in that whole post that has any basis in fact

So what facts are there? what is the truth? Do you really think that we will get anything out of this possible scenario??

Mate the bloke has been paid a huge amount of Money based on , what 15 games of footy, he was depressed , he wasn't able to commit and as a result he got out Right!

Ok so now the possibility exists that he may, MAY seek to play next year.

So if IF he wants to play with us then so be it! IF he seeks to play elsewhere then the club should exhaust every avenue available to recoup some form of compensation based on the FACT that we have paid overs for a bloke who hardly played and took the money almost under false pretences.

HE IS STILL ON OUR LIST!

There is a lot to be played out here but my feeling is that if he plays it won't be with us and if seeking a move elsewhere then I would hope that the AFL and the footy club work so that we don't get the short end of the straw as has happened in the past!

What I don't get is that all who are reporting this, Barrett, Ralph, King etc are sure Mitch's comeback will not be with Melbourne.

No where can I find an article that is a direct quote from Mitch or his manager that this is the case.

- Mahoney has stated publicly that he would hope and expect Mitch to speak to the club directly, meaning he hasn't done so yet. Not exactly an act of diplomacy to come out and make such statements.

- Alterations made to his social media pages to remove references to the MFC.

- Manager has confirmed he wants to make a return to AFL. MFC never specified.

- All media channels reporting that it won't be this club he plays for.

You'd have to be a serious optimist to think he will be playing in the red and blue next season.

• Like 7

if we said he would be delisted because he is retiring and then he doesn't retire then we are not obliged to delist him

don't need any special clauses for that i wouldn't think

that leaves him three options

stay

be traded to our satisfaction

sit out till end of 2015

we need to play hardball on this (if it eventuates)

a fourth option is that the afl over-rides us to allow him to be delisted, then they must provide compo

• Like 2