GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

dude how the F would you know

god it is annoying the definitive statements around here from people who are in no position whatsoever to be definitive

Just enjoy the dream C and B

Ok im a terrible poster, no need to rub it in though LOL

I've had some terrible posts: I once said that Bailey was a hard coach, Neeld would get us through the crisis, and got plenty of other stuff wrong about players.

Just be aware of the affirmations though. I base mine on my own poor opinions :lol:

I've had some terrible posts: I once said that Bailey was a hard coach, Neeld would get us through the crisis, and got plenty of other stuff wrong about players.

Just be aware of the affirmations though. I base mine on my own poor opinions :lol:

You mean PJ there are some on here who don't make mistakes!

• Like 1

My understanding is that he would be a delisted free agent and able to go to the club of his choice. He would not be required to go through the draft.

It is also my understanding that he retired knowing that this was an option. I understand he has never completely given up on playing AFL again for Melbourne if his mental health improved as such.

I was told all this the week before he retired.

Oh noes, I really don't want to hold any hope re: Clark.

I was hoping to be pleasantly shocked if he returned.

Now I'm all like "Oh Clark is totally coming back to take us to the finals next year".

• Like 1

My understanding is that he would be a delisted free agent and able to go to the club of his choice. He would not be required to go through the draft.

It is also my understanding that he retired knowing that this was an option. I understand he has never completely given up on playing AFL again for Melbourne if his mental health improved as such.

I was told all this the week before he retired.

There is a time limit on that scenario - it will run out in December (the last Delisted FA period), if he comes back next calendar year - he is going through the draft.

I thought we only had to delist him at the end of the year and is on our list until then.

I think he'd be too much of a head case and it'd weigh on the rest of the group.

Edited by Jack7

OD you don't have to be a wide-eyed optimist to think that the chances of Mitch playing for us again are very much higher than the chance of LJ doing so.

You are right however, we should focus on the team without Mitch and if by any chance he does come back, treat it as a welcome surprise bonus.

• Like 1

I reckon people are reading waaaaaayyyy too much into this.

My take on it is that here is a young fit guy who has probably trained / worked out every day since he was a kid.

Then came the injuries, and then the Black Dog, during which it can be extremely difficult just to get out of bed, let alone get to the gym and maintain your (physical) health.

As others have noted, keeping active physically plays an important part in your mental health, and it would seem Mitch is now at that point, recovery-wise, where he feels he can start being active and healthy again.

That doesn't mean he's training for football, or that football is even on his mind. He probably just wants to start feeling good again and is now in a position to work towards that.

C + B: You knock others for making definitive statements yet you're adamant he's thrown his life away and will regret his decision forever and day. The truth is that unless you know Mitch personally, or have discussed it with him, you're guessing just like the rest of us...

• Like 7

C + B: You knock others for making definitive statements yet you're adamant he's thrown his life away and will regret his decision forever and day. The truth is that unless you know Mitch personally, or have discussed it with him, you're guessing just like the rest of us...

Fair comment. I'm not saying he will regret it, because I think he will return... and the time he has missed will have been something he had to do to get his mind right.

• Like 1

Dawes just posted a photo of Clark enjoying a CC and dry can whilst playing golf on Instagram. I think it is safe to say he is enjoying his retirement and won't be back. Get over it people. There is happiness to be found outside of AFL footy. Not everyone has the desire to play at the highest level.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 2

If Mitch were to make a comeback, which is a pretty big stretch for me even if I do hope to see it, he would pretty much have to go through the PSD. This is not a terrible thing for us, as many players have agreed to terms with specific clubs and told others to not bother and have gotten away with it in the past. If he were to say that he wanted to come back to Melbourne and agree to a contract, I think other clubs would leave him alone and let us take him in the first round of the PSD.

I'm pretty sure he would not qualify as a delisted free agent given that he has retired rather than us giving him the boot. Two very different scenarios, and I'm sure everyone would agree that you can't have players "retiring" and then claiming FA status to go to the club of their choice at the end of the year. That is a can of worms the AFL do not want to open.

• Like 1

Dawes just posted a photo of Clark enjoying a CC and dry can whilst playing golf on Instagram. I think it is safe to say he is enjoying his retirement and won't be back. Get over it people. There is happiness to be found outside of AFL footy. Not everyone has the desire to play at the highest level.

oh right now I am convinced, you should have mentioned this before we could have saved this whole thread. You know the minute a bloke cracks a CC and dry he no longer wants to play footy. everyone knows that.

some showstoppers in this thread

• Like 3

yeah boring, much rather hear your professional opinion on the correlation between beverage choice and emotional stability

fascinating stuff

wow, another zinger. you are too much. and resorting to making up things i said (never mentioned emotional stability, just said he was enjoying retirement by the looks of it).

Curry, Beer and Sassy.

sassy-gif.gif

it'd be wonderful and I'm sure he would be welcomed back, however it is more likely that its part of his rehab. Treating illnesses such as depression usually includes getting involved in physical activity, helps occupy your mind and build self esteem. as well as rehab for his soft tissue injuries.