Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

This is the nudge that does those excellent Trade period pieces with all the rumours collated in one post. So it isn't likely he knows more than we do.

And, no, Nudge, this isn't a 'go' at you and I am not being sarcastic about your trade period posts. I love those.

I am just going to take this post as seriously as I take those posts.

Let the man speak for himself...
  • Like 1

You mean Nudge or the man he is speaking on behalf of - Mitch Clark?

Too easy. Far too easy.

you are making assumptions and having a small dig at the same.

I want to hear what Nudge has to say concerning C & B's straight up question.

Here's hoping you have some inside knowledge, i won't get my hopes up but if this happens I'd be over the moon! Firstly for Mitch & secondly the club!

Happiness all round . Wait and see

As far as I know Clark is still on our list and will remain there, until a decision is made when the delisting period arrives.

I note he is still listed in the Senior Team List on the club website as well.

Edited by Redleg

This scenario is very much in play, feet and head permitting.

And which particular scenario is that, Chook - there have been many mooted on this thread?

Any coincidence that this is dreamtime round??

Could there be something in NUDGE's post... Obviously Mitch had other things contributing to his ill health but he was been weighed down heavily by the large contract he was on and felt as though he was letting the club down. Could there be a theory in that he retired, organised a payout so IF he was fit & healthy & could make a return that he wouldn't be on such a large contract and if things failed again it he wouldn't feel like he was letting the club down... Also when he retired at the time I thought he'd be packed up and moved home to perth within weeks, from what I see on social media etc he is still in melbourne ? I know his health and well being is first and foremost but we can't help but hold out hope that there could be any signs of a comeback...

• Like 1

And which particular scenario is that, Chook - there have been many mooted on this thread?

Any coincidence that this is dreamtime round??

The scenario about him playing football again.

There's been a lot of rumour and innuendo as to why he retired, all of which is none of our business.

Remains to be seen whether he can physically and mentally cope. But he's training hard and wants to play.

That in itself is a significant step forward.

I would certainly be very surprised if the MFC and Mitch hadn't put plans in place for a possible return to the club. I mean from the perspective of both parties, not having such a contingency in place would have put even more pressure on what was already a very difficult decision, especially for Mitch. That doesn't mean it will happen of course, but I strongly believe the club would have made arrangements with the AFL to ensure he could return to the list next year.

• Like 1

The scenario about him playing football again.

There's been a lot of rumour and innuendo as to why he retired, all of which is none of our business.

Remains to be seen whether he can physically and mentally cope. But he's training hard and wants to play.

That in itself is a significant step forward.

Really? Where has this been stated? Not having a go, mate, just wondering.

• Like 1

Nudge's thoughts are something that I've seriously considered. By retiring he has removed the spotlight off himself and allows him to heal with no pressure for a return. I'm still of the opinion that if he returns it will be a massive effort but firstly he must get himself right before he considers a return.

But he's training hard and wants to play.

Where's the proof to support either of these claims?

If you're referring to his tweet about getting back in the gym, that's hardly evidence that he's "training hard" or even that he's training with footy in mind...

• Like 1

you are making assumptions and having a small dig at the same.

I want to hear what Nudge has to say concerning C & B's straight up question.

This is Nudge's 2nd post since September/October 2012 when he was BOG on this Board with his excellent rumour round up posts.

Nudge deals in rumour and we love him for it.

• Like 1

This is Nudge's 2nd post since September/October 2012 when he was BOG on this Board with his excellent rumour round up posts.

Have you actually got anything to add to the thread?

It is irrellevant what you think of Nudge....I don't care about that.

I want to hear what he has to say...If he has solid fact on Mitch Clark let's hear it...

Where's the proof to support either of these claims?

If you're referring to his tweet about getting back in the gym, that's hardly evidence that he's "training hard" or even that he's training with footy in mind...

Take it or leave. I don't care.

As far as I know Clark is still on our list and will remain there, until a decision is made when the delisting period arrives.

I note he is still listed in the Senior Team List on the club website as well.

he was removed from our list actually

Take it or leave. I don't care.

No, I genuinely want to know. I'll take it, just tell me if it has been reported somewhere or if it's inside info you've heard etc. Thanks.

Why did he retire mid season?

He should've just stayed on the injury list and then make a decision at the end of the year.

I think it would have had a lot to do with the nature of his condition. You have to remember we are not dealing with broken bones here but a serious mental illness.sometimes the only treatment is a complete break.

It seems as though he might be recovering and maybe, just maybe, he might be ready to declare for the red and blue before he is due for formal delisting

at the end of the season. Let's hope so. I have no doubt if he was up and firing, we would be final eight material when you add in Hogan and a rejuvenated Trenners.

Edited by Dees2014

I'd be more than happy to see him just playing at Casey next year. Less pressure, more time to do what he needs to do to keep himself healthy.

All depends on if it works for him.

As a side note, it would be a meaningful gesture to all those hand-wringing supporters on the brink of spouting bizarre hate because the man dared to have an illness. The betrayal!

I would certainly be very surprised if the MFC and Mitch hadn't put plans in place for a possible return to the club. I mean from the perspective of both parties, not having such a contingency in place would have put even more pressure on what was already a very difficult decision, especially for Mitch. That doesn't mean it will happen of course, but I strongly believe the club would have made arrangements with the AFL to ensure he could return to the list next year.

I think this is absolutely on the money. This is closest to the truth than any of the personal abuse threads prevalent on this topic. We have some very very smart people running the MFC these days, they are not going to let an A-grader like Clark go unless they are absolutely sure he can never return. If they can also reduce their expenses at the same time (as they have clearly done) and if he returned then he does so on a lower over base than before, then that is excellent management all round.

Right now though,we want Clarky to get healthy, no matter what happens to his football career in the future.

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 1