GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

GNF, I refuse at least at this point in time to abuse MC.

You apparently have a good contact at the club.

ATM I don't know what happened to see him leaving us.

I can picture at least 6 scenarios.

What I do know is that the club, at least publicly, has said or done nothing to try and keep him. Even Roos on 360 had a perfect opportunity to just say he would like him to stay, but refused 3 times when asked to do so.

Given the above circumstances how can you accuse people who suggest that the MFC pushed him out and don't want him, as being delusional. That is a pretty fair conclusion to draw.

If somebody at some stage sets the record straight, we will at least all know. Do you want to do that, or do you not know either?

Interesting, my memory of that 360 was Roos saying he "owed us", and had a clear undertone of anger.

Interesting, my memory of that 360 was Roos saying he "owed us", and had a clear undertone of anger.

Perhaps in the first interview, ...

my view of the whole MC thing is that ever since MC has announced that he wants to play football again, the MFC seems to have been very quiet and more interested in getting rid of him. Which is very odd if we were investing as much effort as it sounds we were in rehabbing him with the view of him playing again for us. Something snapped between the MC camp and the MFC very very quickly, and it doesn't look like at any point since then that point that the MFC have wanted to keep him on the list at all.

I have no doubt Melbourne wanted to keep MC, and would be rightly [censored] at him deciding to leave the club and go to Geelong.

But after MC's Doctors recommended him against coming back for us and going to a new Club, we didn't really have a choice but to let him go and hope for the best compensation..

If Melbourne tried to fight him leaving, and make a decision that goes against the players best welfare, that could cause major damage to the club.

If your making decisions that aren't in the best welfare of your players, your going to alienate your players as well as players from other clubs we are trying to recruit.

Why would any player want to come or stay at a bottom club that doesn't care about your welfare?

By how we have handling this situation, we've come out of this looking like the good guys, and a club that acts in our players best interest, making us possibly more attractive to new recruits.

• Like 2

I have no doubt Melbourne wanted to keep MC, and would be rightly [censored] at him deciding to leave the club and go to Geelong.

But after MC's Doctors recommended him against coming back for us and going to a new Club, we didn't really have a choice but to let him go and hope for the best compensation..

If Melbourne tried to fight him leaving, and make a decision that goes against the players best welfare, that could cause major damage to the club.

If your making decisions that aren't in the best welfare of your players, your going to alienate your players as well as players from other clubs we are trying to recruit.

Why would any player want to come or stay at a bottom club that doesn't care about your welfare?

By how we have handling this situation, we've come out of this looking like the good guys, and a club that acts in our players best interest, making us possibly more attractive to new recruits.

What I have trouble getting my head around is the pronouncement by the doc that he must leave. Surely wherever he goes its the same pressure cooker environment of an AFL club. You could argue that he's placed himself under more pressure by selecting a club that sees itself as a Premiership contender.

• Like 8

What I have trouble getting my head around is the pronouncement by the doc that he must leave. Surely wherever he goes its the same pressure cooker environment of an AFL club. You could argue that he's placed himself under more pressure by selecting a club that sees itself as a Premiership contender.

Nailed it.

Yeah super, but it doesn't alter this bloke's shoddiness.

His condition may be legitimate, to what extent we'll never know, but this medical advice to change clubs screams absolute bollocks to me. A wink and a nod in the doctor's office would be all it would've took to get that paperwork signed.

Football club environments are all very similar. We get told this constantly from those in the profession. A doctor has advised that his mental health is at risk by staying at our club, and we're meant to just accept that? Why exactly?

This guy drained our resources, stringing along anyone who would listen with professions of being Melbourne through and through.

Anyone who isn't outraged is looking at this situation very differently to me.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 5

You want to put that bloke in the ruck? The last place I would put that bloke is in the most physically demanding position on the ground.

Yes, physically demanding; but nowhere near as mentally demanding as CHF, especially at MFC.

Yes, physically demanding; but nowhere near as mentally demanding as CHF, especially at MFC.

Will he be able to play against us or will it be too traumatic? I'd expect him to sit it out on doctors advice.

• Like 4

GNF, I refuse at least at this point in time to abuse MC.

You apparently have a good contact at the club.

ATM I don't know what happened to see him leaving us.

I can picture at least 6 scenarios.

What I do know is that the club, at least publicly, has said or done nothing to try and keep him. Even Roos on 360 had a perfect opportunity to just say he would like him to stay, but refused 3 times when asked to do so.

Given the above circumstances how can you accuse people who suggest that the MFC pushed him out and don't want him, as being delusional. That is a pretty fair conclusion to draw.

If somebody at some stage sets the record straight, we will at least all know. Do you want to do that, or do you not know either?

I think the only valid scenario is that the MFC were blind sided.

1. PR's comments at the B&F re "If you're not with us, you know where to go.".

2. The lack of any explanation from the MFC reads to me like there is an irrepreable breach of trust.

3. Media comments by Ross Lyon, Michael Voss and Leigh Matthews two of whom coached Clark and understand his issues at Brisbane, and Lyon who would likely have insight on the MFC issue due to friendship with Roos

This has all the signs of a bad breakup.

I think the only valid scenario is that the MFC were blind sided.

1. PR's comments at the B&F re "If you're not with us, you know where to go.".

2. The lack of any explanation from the MFC reads to me like there is an irrepreable breach of trust.

3. Media comments by Ross Lyon, Michael Voss and Leigh Matthews two of whom coached Clark and understand his issues at Brisbane, and Lyon who would likely have insight on the MFC issue due to friendship with Roos

This has all the signs of a bad breakup.

I think you are inferring too much from too little. You may be right, but I wouldn't put my house on it just yet

PR's comments could have been directed at others, including players we have heard nothing about who may have been whinging about something. Or they could have just been standard pep talk - whatever it takes etc.

And possible alternative explanations of why the MFC hasn't 'explained' have been posted.

I think you are inferring too much from too little. You may be right, but I wouldn't put my house on it just yet

PR's comments could have been directed at others, including players we have heard nothing about who may have been whinging about something. Or they could have just been standard pep talk - whatever it takes etc.

And possible alternative explanations of why the MFC hasn't 'explained' have been posted.

Perhaps, but there is a stench to all of this that isn't right.

Roos once blindsided was furious. I think it is fair to say at this point Roos wanted nothing more to do with him except for extracting the best trade for him.

In other words, the way I would expect both Roos and the Club to play the game ........... reflecting the ultimate professional culture that those at the top are trying to establish.