Brent Moloney Retires

dazzledavey36

Neeld was so desperate to assert his authority on the club that he neutered the natural leaders and put two 20 year olds in as Captain.

Weak people can't stand extroverts.

Guess what- you can't win without them.

I thank Beamer for his service and wish the Carey grammar boys luck.

He appeared to have challenged Neeld and the coach reacted the way he did. Beamer was hurting in 2012: he could see where the club was going.

Turns out he was right. Are we better off without him? He'd still be in the side.

• Like 1

He appeared to have challenged Neeld and the coach reacted the way he did. Beamer was hurting in 2012: he could see where the club was going.

Turns out he was right. Are we better off without him? He'd still be in the side.

No he wouldn't.

Totally agree with this.

The way he left the Dees was disgraceful and didn't deserve to be treated that way.

Neeld u r a disgrace and your time at the dees will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck Beamer.

Then I suggest you don't know the full story.

I've said it before and will say it again. Neither Neeld nor Moloney were blameless in his departure from the club. They both have to take some responsibility.

Felt for the guy when neeld came in. Served the club well. Good job beamer.

When Scott Thompson requested to leave it left a huge hole in the list and whilst he wasn't as good as Thompson, he was a good replacement and certainly gave his all for the club.

Agree. Well done Beamer. Have a good retirement. Come to Melbourne games when you can, as a supporter and past player you will enjoy our climb back up the ladder.

• Like 1

I love you Beamer ****

(*** played over 100 games for us - means his son (?) will qualify for father/son - I will not bite the hand that one day may feed us)

On another note hasn't Warren Dean gone "backwards" since he hung his boots and became General Manager at the Lions.

Will always remember him for his tap combo with Jamar - knew where Jamar was going to tap even before Jamar. Was probably the same year Jamar got all Australian so he probably has Beamer to thank.

I loved him for being a hard core Demon fan. But he had limitations as a player - rarely played well against a good side, bombed the ball into the forward line, couldn't win his own ball without team screening. This last thing is why Neeld had him in the gun.

Whatever he has done or perceived to have done is insignificant when you consider he did win a Melbourne Best and Fairest.

For a time he was my favourite player going around! Always gave the MFC 100% A pity his overzealousness got him into hot water.

Given he stood up to Mark "No Idea" Neeld can be forgiven!

Well done Beamer very solid career and good luck!

Wasn't real happy with his sleeping through the second half of 186 with stats in the first half of 0K,0M,0H.0T.

That was the day he lost me - a very selfish thing to do.

Until then I was a fan.

Given he stood up to Mark "No Idea" Neeld can be forgiven!

I don't care how bad a coach is ( and Neeld's tenure certainly rates right "down" there), there is never a reason for a player to revolt against a coach. Exactly what example does that set for the rest of the playing group.

As far as I am concerned - unforgivable.

However since I have very little idea on what actually went on during those dark days I wish him all the best in retirement and thank him for pulling on the Demons jumper over 100 times.

• Like 1

I don't care how bad a coach is ( and Neeld's tenure certainly rates right "down" there), there is never a reason for a player to revolt against a coach. Exactly what example does that set for the rest of the playing group.

As far as I am concerned - unforgivable.

However since I have very little idea on what actually went on during those dark days I wish him all the best in retirement and thank him for pulling on the Demons jumper over 100 times.

So if the coach is completely wrong players should just sit back and put up with it?

The whole time and place was a mess. But I think it's best considered a two way street.

By the way the West Tigers in the NRL are going through a similar thing to us in 2011 right now and just lost 64-0. Comparatively from league to AFL I'd have that on par with 186.

• Like 1

So if the coach is completely wrong players should just sit back and put up with it?

The whole time and place was a mess. But I think it's best considered a two way street.

By the way the West Tigers in the NRL are going through a similar thing to us in 2011 right now and just lost 64-0. Comparatively from league to AFL I'd have that on par with 186.

The way Riv handled it was the best way to do so.

Give your best for the team and be a good soldier but at the end of the day if things are no good, move on.

Riv never dropped his head despite how much he disliked what was going on (and has voiced his disdain for the Neeld regime in subsequent interviews). Beamer carried on like a clown.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

The way Riv handled it was the best way to do so.

Give your best for the team and be a good soldier but at the end of the day if things are no good, move on.

Riv never dropped his head despite how much he disliked what was going on (and has voiced his disdain for the Neeld regime in subsequent interviews). Beamer carried on like a clown.

Fortunately not all of us are the same CBF

We all act in different ways to similar stimulus

The human condition

Passionate people tend to act in a passionate way

• Like 2

When the place went to the dogs - how was Nathan Jones going ? Pride in performance irrespective of the coach.

As a paid professional you do what are paid to do. The board will take care of a coach who they see is not getting cut through.

I saw quite a few players who were confused and had little idea of what they were meant to be doing. I saw some players who dropped their heads and that is understandable. However to see a player who looked to me to be actively defiant in the way he was playing sets an appalling example for the balance of the playing list.

The Neeld era was a disaster - and he could not motivate the players nor teach them but if you had a few more Nathan Jones running around it would not have been quite the debacle it turned out to be.

There are many players who moved on, or were moved on in the recent past in less than perfect circumstances that often reflected poor club management. There are only a couple of cases where I feel the player acted with disrespect. Unless he sire's an absolute gun, Beamer for me ranks as the least of all those players (incl. Brock, Scully).

People will crucify Frawley when he does leave, but Chip has shown that you can play and behave with a degree of professionalism even if the system has provided you with opportunities beyond the end of your current contract. Beamer couldn't bring himself to do that.

• Like 1