GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gobsmacked. ..devastated. .Surp...

Hang on...am in wrong thread :rolleyes:

But that was all part of the club preparing for life without Frawley. Did we need him in the backline this year, not really.

His time in the back line coincided with Dunn's form dropping off.

See ya in knee reco rehab traitor.

Felt gutted at the start of the year at the prospect of him leaving.

As the year's gone on though the realisation came to me and most others that he was off.

Not angry at him personally - he's made his decision and we will draft/trade a player who wants to play for the red and blue.

In this day in age my respect for players who sign-on and want to help rebuild the club grows and grows.

Chip is not one of these... them the wraps! Let's move on!

• Like 1

And he has now disappeared from the banner forever.

Now the REAL discussion begins... who replaces him?

Dangerfield

In this day in age my respect for players who sign-on and want to help rebuild the club grows and grows.

Chip is not one of these... them the wraps! Let's move on!

But one who has stayed and reaped the benefits is Boak from Port.

Imagine what he will feel like when they win the premiership.

He could have easily taken the easy way out but dug in and helped get the club to where it is now.

Some players have it others take the easier road.

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 5

Let's hope a whole new world of panic, dropping off and self interest travels down the highway.

It worked in the city.

Has anyone in the media taken a step back from all this FA, trade frenzy and commented on the injustice of the current system that creates the outrageous situation whereby the two most successful clubs of the last decade are picking over the carcass of the least successful club, squabbling over taking a mature power forward and a fullback in his prime for f-all cost to them.

I could handle this if the AFL had any commitment to equalisation in the long run for all clubs. I am not factoring in tier1 compo at all for Chip until I see it happen.

• Like 1

This place is going to erupt if we don't get pick 3.

There was buzz around the Howe-Frawley switch early in the season but aside from taking plenty of marks Frawley didn't make much scoreboard impact (finished 15.16). His marking was great though and is probably the biggest thing we'll miss about him. He finished the season tied equal second in marks per game at 7.4 per contest. On the other hand, his disposal efficiency left a lot to be desired: Among players with 150+ disposals he ranked 225th at just 71.9%. A fair way behind Jetta (87.9%, tied for 1st in the league), Howe (80.6%, 45th), Dunn (79.6%) and Garland (78.8%).

I promise it will make you feel better about losing him if you watch him concede Goal of the Year to Bontempelli in the final minutes of a winnable match. He's got no motor - that's always been the most frustrating thing about watching him. Far too much trotting and plodding.

We better get pick 3.

• Like 2

He lost a few brownie points yesterday with his FB post...needs to earn them back before he gets on the banner

Are you saying that after all the brownie points he earned over the past 6 months, he spent them all on a silly post on Facebook?

I am still disappointed. For all his apparent lack of endeavour this year he is one of the few draftees the Dees have managed to successfully develop into a genuine key position player.

Frawley's quick development is probably more to do with the performance of our team, rather than our player development... Practice makes perfect I suppose...

We've known for a while that he was leaving and I'm expecting this type of poaching to continue and probably get worst... Who knows who's next... Has Jones signed yet?

yup,, there are respected players like Nathan Jones and Travis Boak who are real men with heart and leadership who will do what it takes to help a club get back to where it wants to be

then there are soft [censored] like James Frawley and Jared Rivers who prefer to ride the coattails of others

So what happens if Nathan Jones leaves next year via free agency?

If we don't show much improvement next year Jones will leave next year. simple.

Oh my god what a shock! Now can we find out who he's going so we can get this over and done with.

FWIW he has actually been a good servant for us, he's had one stella year and a couple of decent years mixed in with his development years. He's put up with a lot of crap times and more coaches than any player should have to put up with his entire career, I don't blame him for going and I thank his prospective clubs for pushing his value into top tier.

I wish him well, but hope we smash whoever he'll be playing for (not bloody likely).

Edited by Pates