Jesse Hogan Injury Update?

dazzledavey36

Funny how the members get told nothing about Hogan, and find out through alternate means in the media. This footy club still has along way to go in terms of doing the right thing by it's members.

You really think we are worse than other clubs in this? Why would you watch the 'media' if all they did was publish what you could read on each club's website?

If we were in top form like Hawthorn or Geelong, or even a mid-ranking club, all these endless grizzles about how badly the club treats its members and how bad our medical department is etc etc would evaporate.

The most significant quote comes from the guy who is employed by the MFC. Dawes has confirmed that the club will be cautious. He'd be surprised if we didn't see Hogan play this year but concedes that missing the year may well be a possibility in the worst case scenario. Seeing Hogan play footy again in the next month is also still a possibility.

• Like 3

The most significant quote comes from the guy who is employed by the MFC. Dawes has confirmed that the club will be cautious. He'd be surprised if we didn't see Hogan play this year but concedes that missing the year may well be a possibility in the worst case scenario. Seeing Hogan play footy again in the next month is also still a possibility.

I like your positive view but I doubt there is snow flake in hell chance of that.

You're probably right but if it is indeed a symptomatic injury as we've been led to believe then next week he might go for a jog and it feels ok and then a week later the fitness staff will be happy with him sprinting at close to 100% and then a week later he might successfully negotiate some light contact and then the week after that he might be back in full training and playing 60 minutes for the Casey Development team within a month. Playing for the Dees in less than two months, however, seems highly unlikely.

You really think we are worse than other clubs in this? Why would you watch the 'media' if all they did was publish what you could read on each club's website?

If we were in top form like Hawthorn or Geelong, or even a mid-ranking club, all these endless grizzles about how badly the club treats its members and how bad our medical department is etc etc would evaporate.

True. We could be broke, but if were winning games no one would care and the media would call us a successful club.

Leaving aside last night and Db I remember you saying many positive things about Clark's return Machsy.

Hmm that did turn out so well.

Did I?

I didn't make any declarations of Clark's readiness to play.

I knew he was physically up to playing again, and I think that was everyone's concern at the time.

Even the fear-merchants were predicting doom based on his body not holding up, as opposed to his mind.

I just said we shouldn't take all this supposition and sensationalism as gospel.

Surely you can understand that?

Edited by Machsy

Hope you are right.

I think we may have to accept that he might not play this year. Frustrating for him more than us.

As far as leaving goes, I heard he really likes Melbourne the place, likes his team mates and I would presume his Coach. If we end up paying him for not playing this year, I would approach his management at the end of the year or earlier and attempt to extend his contract beyond next year. He appears a decent kid and I think morally he may feel that it is not unreasonable, given we will have paid him for 2 years already and not got one AFL game from him. If he refused to do that, I then think we would be in trouble with him staying beyond 2015.

Was he actually paid last year? Was it on a "rookie" contract? Not sure how that all works, considering he couldn't actually play for us I assume whatever he got would not have been included in the salary cap.

Absolutely perfect mate.

Also, he is 19 and we should not be placing too much emphasis on him turning out to be the next big thing. We over pressured Watts in the beginning and Jesse does not need this

Poor comparison IMVHO. They are physically and psychologically chalk and cheese. The only things they have in common is (i) high draft pick and (ii) being MFC listed players.

Different bodies, and very different rôles to play.

• Like 1

Can the club not just hunt down and bring in a world leader on back injuries like this and get a more scientific diagnosis? If the club doctors can't work out what's going on, spend any money we have spare to bring in an expert, internationally if necessary.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

Funny how the members get told nothing about Hogan, and find out through alternate means in the media. This footy club still has along way to go in terms of doing the right thing by it's members.

Not surprised really that nothing has been mentioned on the melbournefc.com.au website (the last place to look if you want to know all things MFC).

Looking at it from another angle, surely putting a long-term contract in front of Jesse would show huge support from the MFC, as well as a big vote of confidence, given that he is yet to play a game for us. Hell even get in touch with Mitch to see if he wants to continue to be his mentor.

Big risk in doing so, but Jesse is so young, if he commits long-term to the club, he will have heaps of time on his side to get it right.

They've already done that...

Another embarrassment of a thread.

We've got people saying we should trade Hogan. We've got people saying his career is over. And, for reasons that are lost on me, we've got people talking about Wines.

How delightful.

Phew.... I was worried we'd never know how you felt about this thread. Crisis averted.

• Like 1

Another embarrassment of a thread.

We've got people saying we should trade Hogan. We've got people saying his career is over. And, for reasons that are lost on me, we've got people talking about Wines.

How delightful.

Yeah...better not talk about Wines. Look what happened to Barry O'Farrell.

• Like 4

Does Ben Hur know you're doing his shtick?

Probably not, he's not great at paying attention to others.

I take it you disagree with the argument that a thread involving debate over whether we should have taken Hogan at all, and somehow morphing into the Wines-Toumpas issue is embarrassing?

I like the way young lib Damien Barrett tried a little hyperbole with 'Jesse Hogan may not play again', deliberately being disingenuous. It's a fair guess our favorite ambulance chaser knows little more than you or I.

• Like 3

Probably not, he's not great at paying attention to others.

I take it you disagree with the argument that a thread involving debate over whether we should have taken Hogan at all, and somehow morphing into the Wines-Toumpas issue is embarrassing?

If you embarrass easily then you probably have a tough time as a Melbourne supporter anyway.

Keep fighting champ, you will control all the discussion on this forum one day.

Right after you win the International Cat Herding Championships.

Poor comparison IMVHO. They are physically and psychologically chalk and cheese. The only things they have in common is (i) high draft pick and (ii) being MFC listed players.

Different bodies, and very different rôles to play.

No, im not making a role comparison.

My comparison is that they are both touted as future stars (Or Watts was) and we placed alot of emphasis in their future contribution, rather than just sitting back and watching them develop.

You knew what i meant and you chose to argue for the sake of argument.

Also they were both drafted as key position forwards, so some what they are a perfect comparison.

Psychologically? What kind of rubbish are you talking about. Both were/are young footballers wanting to make their way.

D1ckhead Barrett is IRRELEVANT

He took the gig that Hutchy didn't want and now he has Cred on a show that has NONE?

He then gets on MMM and pretends he's one of the boys?

They keep saying he broke the Essendon Drug scandal,he didn't,JAKE NIALL did!

He achieved nothing at the HUN,what is this guy's purpose exactly?

The biggest waste of space in the AFL!!!

Edited by Jack7
  • Like 3

"Serious doubt over when he'll play again" does NOT mean the same thing as "serious doubt over if he'll play again". If Barrett said the former, he's hardly telling us anything we didn't already know. If he said the latter, he's surely full of it.

• Like 2

FFS just watched it who started this thread, Dazzeldavey try listening to things in context and not sensationalising things. It is what we all criticise the media for

Talk about a play on words, discussion about meeting next week due to lack of responding to current treatment.

Barrett - Jesse Hogan has not responded to initial treatment and right now there is significant on when he will be able to play football again

Garry then interjects with "what again at all" or this year

Barrett is not committal and just says again.

Barrett then goes on about speaking with Mahoney and a time frame of being hoping he will be back in the next month, but there is serious doubt on that being the case

He then asks Dawes who (as I said earlier) talks about the club not rushing him back even if that means him not playing this year(although Dawes says he does not believe that will be the case) because the club sees him as a 10 year player.

That is where it ends

Hang on a minute..! I started the thread just in regards to why wasn't Hogan name read out on the Dave Mission Injury list.. I thought it was a bit odd thats all. Hows that sensationlising it? Edited by dazzledavey36

Well he's had a setback so I'm guessing we won't see him in the 4 to 6 week window. I just want to see him debut, but the club would be idiotic to take ANY risks with him. If there's a shred of doubt, I want him coated in bubble wrap and ready to fire for the preseason 2015.

Remember Hawkins spent much of last year with serious back injuries and wound his way back. Hogan's younger and more virile; he will too.

• Like 1