Changes for Round 6 vs Sydney

titan_uranus

A lot will depend on how the boys at Casey went today, but at this stage I'd think the candidates for the outs column are:

• Terlich - I genuinely do not see him adding value right now. Must go back to Casey and learn to kick
  • Jetta - nothing there today, not sure what he is in the team for and not sure why he played
  • Watts - sometimes players need to be dropped as punishment almost, and that applies to Jack I think
  • Evans - either drop or play a full game; probably would prefer the former
  • Georgiou - got found out a bit today, though I'd probably keep him

Salem might be ready, but we don't want to rush him in. I think Clisby has earned a recall, whilst hopefully Kent and/or Garland are ready to come back. Toumpas might be ready too, not sure though.

The ruck is also an issue - Pedersen needs to play back, not forward, but we still need him to ruck. Not sure if we can play Jamar along with Spencer, but we need to work on this second ruck position, because we're losing out with Pedersen in the forward line just to ruck.

Watts could use a week or two at Casey to build some form. If Garland is ready, then play him. I'd also prefer it if Salem and Toumpas had a few more weeks at Casey (although, Salem's current form might prove otherwise)

Salem BOG at Casey with 37 touches will he force them to play him. I thought we lacked pace compared to the Suns and were a bit short in the back line. Geez they have some guns thanks Mr Demtriou

A lot will depend on how the boys at Casey went today, but at this stage I'd think the candidates for the outs column are:

• Terlich - I genuinely do not see him adding value right now. Must go back to Casey and learn to kick

- I must be the only one that thought Terlich was ok today, had some crucial interceptions IMO

• Jetta - nothing there today, not sure what he is in the team for and not sure why he played

- Jetta was brought in because he had consistent Casey form and Roos was rewarding effort.

• Watts - sometimes players need to be dropped as punishment almost, and that applies to Jack I think

- perhaps he could be dropped, he's barely had a decent game since rnd 1. He's surely running out of chances.

• Georgiou - got found out a bit today, though I'd probably keep him

As far as I know it was his first poor game, I think he can be forgiven.

Edited by Pates

This I agree with 100%. I couldn't believe how half-assed his efforts were today. He jogged on the lead, he rarely chased and to cap it off he led his opponent to a loose ball on our HF flank and rather than going for the ball he played for the free and let them have it without a fight. He had no interest in putting in when it was his turn and was more focused on winning a free than on winning the ball at any contest he went to. Time for him to go back to Casey until he learns to put in and win his own ball.

• Like 1

With so many players performing poorly or below acceptable standard against the Suns, it is difficult to know how to set up against the Swans. From today's game:

DEFINITE OUT: Terlich and Watts. Howling shockers today from both. Neither added much the 22 over the past 3 weeks.

POSSIBLE OUT: Tyson, McKenzie

DEFINITE IN: Kent, Garland (if fit and available)

POSSIBLE IN: Strauss - 2 good Casey games in a row, Clisby.

Would love Kent, Jamar, Strauss and Garland to come in but I don't reckon there will be 4 changes.

• Like 1

In:

- Judy

- Salem

- Kent

- Maybe Jamar

Out:

- Jetta

- Terlich

- Georgiou

- Maybe Spencer

Garland comes in as a straight swap for Georgiou (who I amazingly think Pederson is in front of at the moment). Jetta is just not AFL standard. Never has been, and unfortunately never will be. Terlich should have been dropped weeks ago, he is a liability. Don't mind who they go with in the ruck. If Jamar is fit, maybe give him a go.

I forgot about Georgiou. Had a bad one today and will probably be considered for replacement by Garland.

I like Georgiou but he's a depth player moving forward.

Interested to hear why Tyson was subbed out. Jetta deserved a chance based on form but blew it. Just zero impact on the field. Find it hard to believe he'll be back next week.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

Would like to see Kent and Garland back in the team and one of Clisby or Strauss off the half back-line to replace Terlich. I think its more a case of decision making that needs to be improved rather than his skill execution. His 15 metre 50-50 kick to watts inside the defensive 50 was infuriating. Give him some time at Casey to work on his decision making and confidence.

Strauss was named in the bests for Casey and seemed to have a promising pre-season before injuring himself during the NAB practice games. I'm not sure Strauss will be an improvement defensively, however I would love the kid to make it. He has great speed and disposal which we could really use off the half-back line. I believe it's his final year of his contract, it's now or never for Strauss.

Garland in!!! Tmac and the boys down back got monstered from the long ball into the forward line. Otherwise said, Gold Coast talls seemed to take to many marks in front of goal to frequently for my liking. It was the most frustrating aspect of today's game for me

• Like 1

INS- garland, kent

OUTS- terlich, jetta

On notice- vince, tyson, watts, m jones

Vince, Tyson, and Jones?

Eye roll.

They had a down day but please...

Watts needs a rocket and a mission from Roos. Get him in the guts, get him in the rotation and get him to show some intensity around the contests. He looks stuffed in contests and it isn't just his alarming lack of physicality.

This should be a test of Roos - get Watts' arse in 4th gear.

• Like 2

Vince, Tyson, and Jones?

Eye roll.

They had a down day but please...

Watts needs a rocket and a mission from Roos. Get him in the guts, get him in the rotation and get him to show some intensity around the contests. He looks stuffed in contests and it isn't just his alarming lack of physicality.

This should be a test of Roos - get Watts' arse in 4th gear.

Watts needs to go to Casey

and i dont care if he ever comes back

Plays like an absolute girl

• Like 3

IN: Salem, Clisby, Jamar
OUT: Evans, McKenzie, Spencer

I get the feeling Garland may need another week or two to blow the cobwebs off. Tyson, Watts, and Grimes scrape through this week due to their records. Jetta gets one more week to show something. Georgiou stays in until Garland is back. Spencer had a poor game today, still think Jamar will struggle to get around the ground but we need to try and get some clearances.

With so many players performing poorly or below acceptable standard against the Suns, it is difficult to know how to set up against the Swans. From today's game:

DEFINITE OUT: Terlich and Watts. Howling shockers today from both. Neither added much the 22 over the past 3 weeks.

POSSIBLE OUT: Tyson, McKenzie

DEFINITE IN: Kent, Garland (if fit and available)

POSSIBLE IN: Strauss - 2 good Casey games in a row, Clisby.

Would love Kent, Jamar, Strauss and Garland to come in but I don't reckon there will be 4 changes.

Tyson? Is that a typo or what??

He has probably been our best 1 or 2 players so far this season.