FB Georgiou Pederson Garland

HB Grimes TMcdonald Terlich

C Vince N Jones Tyson

HF Howe Frawley Dunn

FF JKH Dawes Bail

R Jamar Cross Viney

INT Evans,Mckenzie,M Jones,Jetta

McKenzie had 10 possies on the weekend.

2 tackles for the 'tackling machine'. 5 clangers and 4 free kicks against, the most of our team.

He played on multiple opponents, and did very little to nullify their influence.

Demonland, we will never improve as a team if we have players of his calibre in our side.. He did more to lose us the game the game than win yesterday. There are a number of others who join him. I just cannot believe the love he gets on here.

• Like 3

And as for this 'hard tag' debate..

Not every team goes for one and yesterday it was so enjoyable watching two quality players in Jones and Ablett go head to head and get nearly identical numbers.

Not all teams have a Ryan Crowley. Sure there are run with players for other teams but I assure you every one of them contributes more in every other aspect of the game than McKenzie. He is not cut for AFL.

RG you're either the most amazing optimist the world has ever set eyes upon, or you're into your 5th glass of JD on the rocks.

Haha, neither.

I think he would get pantsed and play at Casey the next week, but also think he could learn a lot from going head to head from Goodes (though the Morton comment was a bit of sickening dejavu)

The only way I would accept Watts playing next week is if Goodes comes back for the Swans, make Watts run with him and tell him if Goodes gets 3 meters on him he will be at Casey the next week

this bloke has been ,cuddled,lambasted,personally coached,roasted in front of the team.told he is good and given confidence.

given a position to suit,let him play outside runner.let him play without opponent.

if i missed anything he hasnt been given please tell.

other battlers ,mac comes to mind,dunny,terlich and a handful of other scrubbers,these blokes havent been cuddled,left to run alone,given an easy run,gifted games.

his dad has never kicked him up the clacker and it shows.lazy little lord font. not worth 2 bobs worth of nanny goat chit.

dropping him to the magoos for a week wont help.

dropping him to the magoos for 4 weeks will.

it will show the whole list,we dont carry people and it will give confidence to the players in the ressies that if you dont put in your not getting free games anymore.

Edited by jazza
  • Like 2

For all those questioning my post about the possibility of dropping Tyson, I realise that he has been getting a bit of the ball etc... But two things are standing out each game and they are really big deficiencies:

1. His kicking is atrocious. It looks long and raking but rarely hits a target or goes into a space for players to run on to. Most of his kicks (most, not all) end up with an opposition rebound and he does not have the pace to immediately change to defence,

2. His defensive running is non-existent. Zero. None. Opposition players run past him or around him as they press forward and he does not go with them.

Love his clean hands and vision but he is a momentum killer at the moment. I admit there are probably 4-5 others ahead of him in terms of getting dropped but his deficiencies are stark and clear.

Today hopefully showed just how useless Jordie McKenzie is as a player when not used 'specifically' as a tight tagger.

I watched him closely today play on a few different players and I will tell you now, we may as well have had 17 blokes on the field. He has absolutely no offensive mindset. No willingness or belief to get the footy himself and make the right decision and if people are going to argue the point of 'playing within your limitations' well then [censored] me we're never going to get anywhere as a side with players like him who do not have the ability to play at this level.

The same goes with Spencer, Pederson, Matt Jones, Evans, Bail, Georgiou.

And unless we address our complete lack of kicking skills, we're also not going anywhere fast anytime soon. Kicking out from our backline is a [censored] nightmare. We have no elite users. So nobody has the confidence to pinpoint a pass. Not only that, but Spencer has zero marking ability and clearly he even knows it as time and time again he just refused to present at kick ins.

It's honestly comicalto watch the MFC at times. We can be so poor. We still have so many completely unskilled players who literally kill us on game day. Even players who I admire for their tenacity and commitment like Terlich and McDonald were woeful with their disposal today. How many bad kickers can one side have?

It's disgusting.

U r spot on. I can't believe we persist with these 2nd rate players who can't kick/have no footy nous or competitive drive.

Today hopefully showed just how useless Jordie McKenzie is as a player when not used 'specifically' as a tight tagger.

I watched him closely today play on a few different players and I will tell you now, we may as well have had 17 blokes on the field. He has absolutely no offensive mindset. No willingness or belief to get the footy himself and make the right decision and if people are going to argue the point of 'playing within your limitations' well then [censored] me we're never going to get anywhere as a side with players like him who do not have the ability to play at this level.

And unless we address our complete lack of kicking skills, we're also not going anywhere fast anytime soon. Kicking out from our backline is a [censored] nightmare. We have no elite users. So nobody has the confidence to pinpoint a pass. Not only that, but Spencer has zero marking ability and clearly he even knows it as time and time again he just refused to present at kick ins.

It's honestly comicalto watch the MFC at times. We can be so poor. We still have so many completely unskilled players who literally kill us on game day. Even players who I admire for their tenacity and commitment like Terlich and McDonald were woeful with their disposal today. How many bad kickers can one side have?

It's disgusting.

Generally, I agree with you. I don't think we can progress as a football club if one of our midfielders is as limited as McKenzie is.

Usually he gives us a lot with tackling and pressure through the middle, but you need to be able to offer more as a midfielder than just that. He doesn't want to get involved in scoring plays and he's no good when it happens to him anyway.

The major problem with us right now is that McKenzie is not the only one. You could carry a player like McKenzie if you didn't also have Jetta, Terlich and Evans in the side. None of them, being perfectly honest, are good enough to play AFL.

The sooner we are able to replace them with Salem, Toumpas, Clisby, Michie, Riley, Trengove, maybe Strauss, the better this side will be. The longer we persist with this crop of unskilled players, the longer our recovery is going to be.

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 2

U r spot on. I can't believe we persist with these 2nd rate players who can't kick/have no footy nous or competitive drive.

As unfortunate as it is, we persist because we literally have no other option. It's such a complex situation.

Our depth is still shocking, and it's partly contributed by our shocking drafting of Cook, Gysberts, Maric, Morton, Bate, Blease, Struass, Tapscott...

The list goes on. All of those players should have been starting 22 and solid contributors for us. But they're not. So we have players with even less talent and skill who get games.

We all know why these players are getting games.

We know what we need. Move the deadwood on again, do some smart trading again and make sure we nail some [censored] draft picks. The environment at the club is in better shape. We just need to go back to the draft again and get the picks right. That and make some smart trades like we did with Tyson and Vince. Tyson is down atm but he is quality. And Vince is already our best user.

Draft

Trade

Delist

Work hard

We have the coaching group. We have the environment. We need to start ticking some of those other boxes or we'll continue to be poor year after year.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the Viney v. Jack battle. Some on here want to give Spence the flick. I would think he would be unlucky, he's young , improving and hasn't done much wrong. The Swans have some really big bodies. Jamar might get a gig somewhere to assist him, but surely our future is with Spencer and Gawn.

I've put him in my omissions but as I stated that is more to do with maybe needing a break. Looked a bit sore yesterday and I agree he is young/inexperienced and improving but as part of moving forward we need to also go into every game trying to win and I think a fit Jamar against Pyke as opposed to IMO Spencer needing a week off is the better option

?.....

Jamar in for Spencer will make us stronger in the ruck and give us another marking option on the wing

Sorry, but please tell me (at least since his AA year) how many, if any, marks Mark has taken anywhere around the ground, least of all on the wing?

• Like 2

Salem is absolutely ready to debut

His form warrants it and thats what counts

Do you see other teams putting their rookies in cotton wall? No, the Saints are playing multiple debutant and doing very well. We are playing JKH who is a lot smaller than Salem and he is doing fine

Salem is ready

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 1

so much un afl footballers in the dee side. Fancy spencer wants to be another mummy, only can happen if he plays for a serious footy side,cannot be achieved at demonland.

one or two of our ruck stocks must go,we have JAMAR,SPENCER,GAWN and KING with the possibility of FITZY. As I have said in the past we should have gone for CRIPPS or BILLINGS or at least SHEEDS. Salem my be good sooner or later

, I think he had some sort of virus ( not deemonitis) recently which affected his football preparation. WATTS is too soft for afl footy best we trade,you cannot train courage.

N.JONES should get stuck into his fellow players for a bad performance,perhaps he should insist he and team mates suffer some sort of penalty,like a 10 klm run followed by a swim at st.kilda beach on monday morning.

CHANGES TO TEAM FOR ROUND 6 ……….. Replace rubbish in the seniors with rubbish in the reserves will not make any difference,on paper we should get smashed 80-100 pts. we were a 2-20 side last this year,this year we will be a 1-22

team this year.

Georgiou McDonald Pedersen

Clisby Dunn Grimes

Viney Tyson Vince

Kent Frawley Bail

JKH Dawes Howe

Rucks: Jamar N.Jones Cross

INT: from M.Jones, Strauss, Mckenzie, Salem

Out:

Spencer - works really hard and a break may do him good, I think Jamar will go well head to head with Pyke

Evans - only because 2 weeks as a sub, Roos may keep him in for leg speed and running ability against the Swans

Jetta - If Kent is available he and Bail are better options as small forwards given the jobs to provide run hardness and defensive pressure

Terlich - turnovers are just to much at the moment, whilst the effort is fantastic the turnovers are hurting

Watts - yes he has polish and is the best kick in the side but needs to learn doesn't matter how good you are there are some non negotiables in footy

Ins:

Jamar - experience needed against Sydney, Dawes forward & Pedersen back to pinch hit in the ruck

Kent - if fit runs hard and provides some leg speed

Clisby - good performances in the VFL and better user of the ball than Terlich

Strauss - as above and better defender IMO than Jetta

Salem - I'll leave this one up to Roos, form calling for it but borderline with Evans as we are going to need numerous players to rotate through the middle or we will be over run by the Swans

Frawley & Dunn may have to swap depending on the Swans forwards of Tippett & Franklin

Garland again if Roos thinks he is ready then in but can't take any underdone players into the game

Match Ups

• To match Sydney we will need players to rotate through a variety of roles and we need to be up for a game with a lot of stoppages & tackles that's why Jordie stays in based on history.
  • At various times through the day I think with interchange and resting forward Viney, Tyson, Vince, Mckenzie, Cross, N.Jones, M.Jones & Kent all get runs through the middle with the Swans ability to rotate the Jacks, Kennedy, Hanneberry, McVeigh, Mcglynn, Parker, Cunningham & Mitchell through the middle.
  • Their Half Bank Flankers are dangerous and Kent and Bail need to be defensive forwards against either of R.Shaw, Malceski & McVeigh who all play these roles.
  • Grimes to do nothing other than negate Ben Mcglynn who will rotate from HFF to with short stints in the middle
  • TMac to get first job on Franklin and decision to be made between Dunn & Frawley to go to the tall forward of either LRT, Reid or Tippett depending upon who is named
  • Can't see a match up for Lewis Jetta who is a worry
  • Howe needs to provide plenty of decoy runs to prevent Smith going third man up to assist Richards and Grundy
We are up against a very hard working side next week and the side we pick has to provide effort, intensity and be disciplined with the structure Roos sets up
From reading this I don't give us much chance, Their midfield is better than GC so we will be under a lot of pressure in the midfield and our defenders are going to have a tough time stopping their big forwards. They have a better midfield, forward line, backline and ruck options. People like Bail, Watts need to have a big impact as they will attract lesser opponents compared to Jones, Viney. Etc

Finally someone wants Jordie dropped.

I like the bloke but I sense that his AFL career is coming to an end.

It's disgusting.

Yeh I watched him pretty closely aswell, and To be honest I wish I didn't. Too much arm waving, high tackles and being tackled with the ball. He looked out of his depth. At least if he plays next week my expectations of him will be very low.

It's disgusting.

I was very disappointed in Matt Jones and Bail yesterday, do they think that playing one good game is enough

I thought that Jones in particular showed he could be ok at this level, then he gets back to his VFL best yesterday.

Pederson did one good thing yesterday.

Bail was unsighted

These guys have to understand that playing one good game even 10 weeks just doesn't cut it.

Jordie; well I've been a supporter of his for a long time but I just don't think we can carry him anymore.

Terlich and Jetts are not good enough at this level and never will be; Roos made the right call on Terlich when he was with Sydney.

Agree!

Terlich and McKenzie are tryers, but their mistakes and fumbles are just too costly.

Watts - his lacklustre efforts yesterday really hurt. I'm starting to wonder if he really wants to be an AFL footballer!

It's not too late for him to re start a career in basketball!

I note a few call for Vince and Tyson to be dropped. Please get real, neither had a great game but over the season so far they have both earnt their pay and more. Who would you bring in to replace them?

Dropping Vince and Tyson is not going to make us better, seriously...what are some people watching on game day.
  • Like 1

We need to get our better skilled players in for those who are just not quite good enough.

Salem, Toumpas and Garland have to come into the side because they are quality players.

I dont understand why we persevere with the ordinary , these three are players who should be in our best side going forward and into the future.

Id also prefer Gawn as Ruckman because he can actually take a few good grabs and has goal sense.

Hogan completes the puzzle and allows us to play Frawley where ever we need him, even on a wing as he he quite quick and would give the backs a real competitor to kick to.

Why not try Watts as a tagger, and demand eight tackles a game, force him to play it hard, and then try and hurt them offensively as well.

Watts wont get dropped. Roosy loves him.

I think one of Evans/Bail will get dropped. Im thinking that it will be Evans. Salem in.

Garland in for Giorgiou. Giorgiou is depth only. No need for him.

Jamar to spend one more week at Casey.

Jetta will get a second week i would think. If Strauss/Clisby continue to play well at Casey then they deserve a chance soon, possibly at the expense of Jetta

In: Garland, Salem

Out: Giorgiou, Evans