Changes v Carlton - Round 4

Deespicable

I think 45 has nailed it.

McKenzie in to nullify Murphy.

Dropping Byrnes we lose nothing.

Dawes fixes up our forward structure, and gives Fitzy a much needed rest.

Being in the 2s should restore his confidence somewhat, too.

I'd move Frawley back to defence with Pedersen and leave Dunn up forward.

Spencer & Warnock to largely be a stalemate.

Tyson winning the ball at stoppages to be our star performer.

• Like 8

So, who would you have second rucking against Rowe or Casboult?

(And were you being serious or satirical when you said Fitzy needs a "much needed rest". If the former, why?)

Dees by 70.

Pederson is likely to relieve Spencer - has done it before. Not the best option but all we have. Dawes does not have the conditioning.

I know we wish for our team to bond and look after each other but this is a bit to far

• Like 5

I don't jest.

And don't call me Shirley.

It's better than what I murmured when I read your prediction.

We haven't kicked 70 points yet this season.

Come Saturday afternoon I hope you can contentedly snigger derision in my general direction, but in the meantime are you mad? Win by 70 bah humbug.

Edited by ManDee

It's better than what I murmured when I read your prediction.

We haven't kicked 70 points yet this season.

Come Saturday afternoon I hope you can contentedly snigger derision in my general direction, but in the meantime are you mad? Win by 70 bah humbug.

"In order to be a realist you must believe in miracles." - Cudi_420

• Like 2

"In order to be a realist you must believe in miracles." - Cudi_420

Unattrubuted quotes, I love them. HC Bailey?

70 points is no miracle it is fantasy. ManDee 2014

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 2

Pederson is likely to relieve Spencer - has done it before. Not the best option but all we have. Dawes does not have the conditioning.

I'd use Frawley in that role at first, maybe try Pedersen if it's not working out.

The blues are likely to use Rowe or Casboult as the second ruck. Whoever goes head to head with them is unlikely to lose much and if it's a wet low scoring game there wont be many crucial centre bounces that don't involve Spencer.

The reason not for Pedersen is because I'd leave him and let him settle in to full back for a second week. I'd be keen on Frawley because Dawes and Dunn should be the main forward targets so the point of getting Frawley away from the backline is to let him attack the ball and create some play. The ruck would be a perfect place for him to try that.

Warnock is useless around the ground but will kill Spencer in the tap outs, let's hope they're not to advantage.

Wet day worries me with our possession game, wet weather football is about metres gained not possessions.

Tyson & Cross will be very important players in the conditions.

Edited by rjay

(And were you being serious or satirical when you said Fitzy needs a "much needed rest". If the former, why?)

I'd probably put Pedersen in there.

Failing that I'm not sure. Dawes at a pinch?

I know he wouldn't like it, but is big enough for short bursts.

I know it might leave us a bit short in defence, but presumably Spencer can run with Warnock, and Pedersen would only go in the ruck when Carlton were shorthanding their attack.

I'd rather sacrifice Pedo and run the risk of him getting injured in ruck contests, than Dawes.

As for Fitzy, I think he needs a rest from feeling like he's our great white hope of carrying the forward line until the other boys get back.

The pressure got to him, as well as the poor delivery.

But I'd like him to go and dominate in the VFL again for a few weeks then come back brimming with confidence.

Just like I imagine Roos has planned for Trengove, and to a lesser extent Toumpas.