Jesse Hogan - back injury

DeeSpencer

Get a frigging grip. A few injuries to key forwards = all our key forwards out for the whole year = Frawley gone. I worry about the condition of minds that automatically infer the worst possible scenario on a slither of information.

Its reality if this club wins 5 games this year chips gone!

Get a frigging grip. A few injuries to key forwards = all our key forwards out for the whole year = Frawley gone. I worry about the condition of minds that automatically infer the worst possible scenario on a slither of information.

There is a reason for this Nasher.

It is called history of the MFC.

Quite often over most of the last decade the worst case scenario is the one that happens.

Initially reports had Clarke out for a couple of months, then could play the last couple of games of 2013 but we will keep him out till 2014 ( safe approach ), March 2014 and still not in full training and doubt he will be before May.

Dawes Had a poor 2013 with soft tissue injuries, held back pre Christmas so all good for start of the year. Then has calf tightness after Intra club game two weeks ago, no problem just giving him the week off. Today doubtful he will play before round 3 or 4.

So while I think the "injuries to key forwards = all our key forwards out for the whole year = Frawley gone" scenario is a little over the top.

The history of the MFC suggests it is not impossible.

Hogan should be back by round 3-4 it's not the end of the world, Dawes rounds 1 or 2 and i wouldn't want to even guess with Clark, it's not the end of the world, top quality teams win even when they have injuries, it's just another test, can't afford to look at it any other way

If Chip goes we get a top 5 pick most likely as compo, plenty of really good key position prospects in the draft, i'd love chip to stay, i think he will stay but if he doesn't i will completely understand the decision

• Like 1

No Clark/Dawes/Hogan would or will be heinous. But when have we had more depth in forward talls than now? Fitzy at CHF (no rucking); big Maxy at FF (2nd ruck to Spencer); Pedo and Howe in there with JKH or another small. ..and all without disturbing our defense or new midfield. Not fabulous but could be worse for the time being.

• Like 1

Hogan should be back by round 3-4 it's not the end of the world...

Someone with seemingly good mail said 4-6. Let's say 6. And let's say he'll need at least 1 game at Casey. I reckon round 6/7 is likely.

Not great, but not the end of the world.

Someone with seemingly good mail said 4-6. Let's say 6. And let's say he'll need at least 1 game at Casey. I reckon round 6/7 is likely.

Not great, but not the end of the world.

Still nearly 2 weeks before round 1, so lets say he has 4 off and then plays one at casey to be safe, that's round 3 against GWS, round 4 absolute worst case scenario, i think it will be the 6 because we won't take the risk of a potential long term issue.

It is a real shame he won't play but what did people, who think we are now doomed, believe Hogan was capable of in his first year?

If Howe goes down - touch wood - that would effectively shut down our forward line.

I look at our cherry ripe midfield and am confident that disaster will be averted - that's where it' starts and ends for us this year.

• Like 3

It is a real shame he won't play but what did people, who think we are now doomed, believe Hogan was capable of in his first year?

If Howe goes down - touch wood - that would effectively shut down our forward line.

I look at our cherry ripe midfield and am confident that disaster will be averted - that's where it' starts and ends for us this year.

exactly right, we simply can't expect Hogan to win games for us yet, we have to be realistic

So while I think the "injuries to key forwards = all our key forwards out for the whole year = Frawley gone" scenario is a little over the top.

The history of the MFC suggests it is not impossible.

What a bunch of sad-sacks we are. Of course almost anything is possible. Some always rush to assume the worst because we are the MFC. Is this a defensive mechanism, an almost superstitious feeling that the more we wring our hands about negative outcomes that that will somehow avert the disaster (or give us an excuse to hit the whiskey bottle)?

• Like 1

Happy to wait until it's 'officially reported' but god I wish we had some more luck on our side. It's a big blow not to have any of our three power forwards up and and about..

Will be an even greater challenge for our mids now to defend fantastically well when we go forward. There are always positives when these things happen. Double edged sword.. Will fast track some of the midfield development I'm hoping...

But really, I hope it's not as serious as the twitter world are making out..

What's Clark's status i know that's almost impossible for anyone to know, but what are the chances they aren't lying and he is going to be right by round 3-4 as well as hogan?

Hah ha ha ha ha, The self mportance of people on this forum is a laugh. The club dont have a office full of people employed purely to tell members things that 1, they can do nothing about and 2, will generate negative reactions based on a limited understanding.

I think Burgo and the media department do a good job given the obvious financial and marketing limitations. They will release information when they have confirmed the situation with the medical department and the football department is comfortable with the release. Whats the point in reporting that Hogan has a sore back that may or may not be a problem in he is undergoing scans.

How about instead of bagging the Club you are all meant to love you point your finger at the the pond muck in the media that feel the need to release guess work in guise of breaking news just to get it our first. It may be the the info that the slime released on the footy show is right but as evidenced by his passed history he is wrong just as often.

And I would assume the club would wait for the RESULTS of any scans, then speak to a Doctor and or Physio BEFORE making a statement but maybe that is not how a good club operates.

Amazing thread this. Mixture of denial, shoot the messenger and conspiracy.

At least Neeldy left us these wonderful things on which to base a football team.

If "Paul" is our only hope at his age then I think we are in trouble.

What a bunch of sad-sacks we are. Of course almost anything is possible. Some always rush to assume the worst because we are the MFC. Is this a defensive mechanism, an almost superstitious feeling that the more we wring our hands about negative outcomes that that will somehow avert the disaster (or give us an excuse to hit the whiskey bottle)?

The really sad part sue is I am completely out at present.

As to your other comment while our tall forwards area looks like a disaster zone it is probably similar to 2013 at present.

This was not the reason for our disastrous 2012 and 3, the main reason was we had no mid field .

We now have a reasonable one and I will stick with my prediction of 5 - 6 wins.

What's Clark's status i know that's almost impossible for anyone to know, but what are the chances they aren't lying and he is going to be right by round 3-4 as well as hogan?

It looks to me from the outside that Clark is the furthest off. I'd expect to see Dawes first.

Yeah true hes not going to deliver much this year I think the major upset for him and us is he's waited so long to play,it's not like he was drafted last November KB said on SEN the club doesn't know yet and won't to 2 pm hopfully it's only minor. Edited by mjt