All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

this is place is turning into demonology

if you come on here and pointlessly grind some personal axe with somebody post after post to the sheer annoyance of everyone else that uses the site, you should be banned - simple as that

shut up and talk footy, nobody cares about your little quarrels FFS }(

This is the exact reason I generally stick to bigfooty.

This place degenerates off topic, into a [censored]-fest within 2 pages of almost every single thread.

Sorry to say this, but this forum is very poorly moderated in this regard. Any posts that arent on topic or at least within the spirit, or very humorous - should be deleted so that when we want to read about an actual topic, we dont have to wade through such an incredible amount of unrelated, boring rubbish. A penalty system should apply to the continuous perpetrators.

I would love to be more active on a forum specifically for Dees supporters, but at the moment, I only come on here to read training reports and see if there is any inside info leaking about certain topics (such as how Mitch Clark is doing).

Sorry for the rant - but I hope it is considered constructive feedback.

• Like 6

This virtually cements Georgiou a spot on the list, and here's hoping Fitzy continues to make good progress, although he still reminds me of a wounded baby giraffe as he gallivants around the footy field at times.

A quick baby giraffe that gets on the park and can mark well on a lead!

Surely if he is just walking away from the club for 'personal reason' that constitutes a breach of contract?

Normally when someone gets paid they are actually expected to play the game occasionally

Big difference between "walking away" and "being granted leave".

• Like 5

If it is personal reasons rather than mental health issues we need to brace ourselves that he is going to stay in the West. Roos said today his foot etc is fine. So there is a very high probability he will be traded - probably Freemantle. So be it and I wish him well. But please, please, please don't coax Jessie over to the West as well!

The West will be extra attractive to Jessie, if his 'mentor/sponsor' Clarke is at Feemantle. Think about it: Great Coach, an AI well-resourced Club, premiership window, and his mate Mitch. If there is a footy God, please don't let this nightmare happen. I can cope with loosing Mitch but not both of them.

• Like 1

If it is personal reasons rather than mental health issues we need to brace ourselves that he is going to stay in the West. Roos said today his foot etc is fine. So there is a very high probability he will be traded - probably Freemantle. So be it and I wish him well. But please, please, please don't coax Jessie over to the West as well!

The West will be extra attractive to Jessie, if his 'mentor/sponsor' Clarke is at Feemantle. Think about it: Great Coach, an AI well-resourced Club, premiership window, and his mate Mitch. If there is a footy God, please don't let this nightmare happen. I can cope with loosing Mitch but not both of them.

LH there is not a snow flake in hell's chance he would be traded to anyone in 2014 or perhaps ever.

Who would trade for a guy who has played 15 games in 2 and Half years who has on going soft tissue injury's to his legs and has his mind in another dimension.?

It is either keep him in the faint chance he comes good for 2015 or he agrees to a pay out of his contract.

I cannot see any other possibilities

LH there is not a snow flake in hell's chance he would be traded to anyone in 2014 or perhaps ever.

Who would trade for a guy who has played 15 games in 2 and Half years who has on going soft tissue injury's to his legs and has his mind in another dimension.?

It is either keep him in the faint chance he comes good for 2015 or he agrees to a pay out of his contract.

Freemantle will if his issues are personal not phyisical - they are a patient lot. But my point was as much about the attractiveness of the west to Jessie. If Jessie goes west OD I will instantly join your 'no-hope' club :(

Freemantle will if his issues are personal not phyisical - they are a patient lot. But my point was as much about the attractiveness of the west to Jessie. If Jessie goes west OD I will instantly join your 'no-hope' club :(

I prefer to think of it as the "Welcome to reality club " LH

Hogan has not played a game yet who knows how good he will be.

Don't get the cart before the horse just yet with Hogan.

And remember he cannot simple walk to a west side.

We could drive a very hard trade.

• Like 1

At this stage, I don't feel like we've lost much. We've been without him so long now that I know what life is like without him. If he does not return, we will survive. We will recruit wisely and replace him with new talent. Life goes on. The club is bigger than any individual and, whilst I will miss his fearless attack on the footy, we will soon be attracting players who want to be a part of the new powerhouse of AFL. They come and they go in this business.

• Like 3

They traded for Gumbleton. One a one year deal who's now had another injury. If they reach top 4 and fall at the last hurdle they will have to consider Clark. Wouldn't you in their situation? I don't expect a high draft pick or even one we'd use and they'd probably try and sting us for a fair bit of the salary. But if we've been at all smart his deal should have been front loaded.

If Clark gets his mind right it's a long time until the end of the season and trade week. Enough time for him to state his intention to move back to WA at the end of the year, do some training and at least prove that his foot is fine even if his soft tissue injuries remain a big risk.

If his mind troubles are able to be fixed by a month or so in Perth and a firm resolve on what he needs to do he's got plenty of time. Remember mental troubles are often treated pretty well especially when you remove the initial source. Home sickness, family conflict, unable to train and play. Fix those 3 things I'd be surprised if Clark didn't make it back.

Edited by the master

Is it unreasonable to put a little perspective in to place ?

A well versed football follower and friend put it into this thinking....and I cant but agree.

"He is a professional footballer who came to the MFC because we paid over the odds.
He has broken down and it looks like it is all over, he may also some personal issues.
But is any of that the fault of the MFC?
I like lots of others feel for his situation but my God some on here seem to think he is the Mesiah."

No one takes issue really with the problems hes having whether they be personal, of a health or a fitness issue. But in all reality he came to the club promising much and has produced very little. 15 games in 2 season for 5 games that would have lifted eyebrows . WOW !! Bargain.

Its looking increasingly unlikely that well get a game again out of him. What were getting now is spin...more SPIN and a 'softening' of the inevitable.

if he goes hoe he goes home but WCE or Freo are in the chair not us come trade time.

As a man to a man I wish him well and a full recovery to all his ills. I can speak from experience though if its derpression dont expect a 5 min , 5 week or even a 5 month easy fix.Its different for all but it doesnt fix itself ovrenight..

As a man to a man I implore him to do the right thing for all. have a think...make the right decisions.

At this stage, I don't feel like we've lost much. We've been without him so long now that I know what life is like without him. If he does not return, we will survive. We will recruit wisely and replace him with new talent. Life goes on. The club is bigger than any individual and, whilst I will miss his fearless attack on the footy, we will soon be attracting players who want to be a part of the new powerhouse of AFL. They come and they go in this business.

You have my vote Crawf.

• Like 2

Whatever will be will be.

I'm done panicking over every damn iceberg the SS MFC sees on the horizon.

Stay, go, sign a contract, don't sign a contract. Whatever. Nothing that I do will change anything, and nobody even knows what is really happening to panic about.

• Like 4

This place degenerates off topic, into a [censored]-fest within 2 pages of almost every single thread.

Sorry to say this, but this forum is very poorly moderated in this regard. Any posts that arent on topic or at least within the spirit, or very humorous - should be deleted so that when we want to read about an actual topic, we dont have to wade through such an incredible amount of unrelated, boring rubbish. A penalty system should apply to the continuous perpetrators.

Quoted for truth.

• Like 1

I think it is a bit wrong for people to be speculating on what his problem may be without any real knowledge. The claim that he is walking away from the club is farcical... he has been granted leave and I am sure the club will release more information when they deem it prudent to do so... this is NOT the MFC of past years, so to make comparisons with the Jurrah situation is just plain ridiculous.

• Like 2

I think it is a bit wrong for people to be speculating on what his problem may be without any real knowledge. The claim that he is walking away from the club is farcical... he has been granted leave and I am sure the club will release more information when they deem it prudent to do so... this is NOT the MFC of past years, so to make comparisons with the Jurrah situation is just plain ridiculous.

You're spot on, but the speculating won't stop. I don't think anyone is doing it in a bad way, it's just human nature to want to know what is REALLY going on and to question the motives of those involved. We've heard a few different reasons why Clark has taken this extended leave, and I'm sure some of them are not far off the mark. But we need to put our faith in the club and trust that their decision to give him the leave is the right one, and that we can continue to move onward and upward without him there.

• Like 3

Behind every 26 year old millionaire professional sportsman is a human being no different to the rest of us.

except for the millions dollars

• Like 6

damn, you were going so well until you said that.

We are so far from being a power house at the moment it isn't funny.

Did you watch Gold Coast, GWS and to a lesser extent Port Adelaide over the weekend?

Yikes, now that's some serious crap ya pants powerhouse potential. We are but a fart in the breeze compared to them at the minute.

For the record, i'm not a pessimist, i'm a realist. Life long love for the MFC does that to a man.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 1

damn, you were going so well until you said that.

We are so far from being a power house at the moment it isn't funny.

Did you watch Gold Coast, GWS and to a lesser extent Port Adelaide over the weekend?

Yikes, now that's some serious crap ya pants powerhouse potential. We are but a fart in the breeze compared to them at the minute.

For the record, i'm not a pessimist, i'm a realist. Life long love for the MFC does that to a man.

You forgot Freo.

• Like 1

Jurrah was also granted leave. Look how that turned out...

lol has mitch been accused of taking a machete to someones head?

yeh its pretty much the exact same situation.

• Like 1