All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

Mitch Clark discounting rumors on his famous foot on Twitter

Will be running out with the boys can't wait

Mitch Clark ‏@MitchClark11 1h

Apparently some rumours going around that my foot is no good. Couldn't be further from the truth and I can't wait to run out with the boys

post-7194-0-26945100-1390568735_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Mitch Clark discounting rumors on his famous foot on Twitter

Will be running out with the boys can't wait

glad your so excited,cant wait until we are 4/1 and see how excited you are then

btw,mitch isnt in the clear yet,

he will have to wait 2 weeks for infection to pass after his foot was removed from a demonlander posters mouth

• Like 4

Someone in one of the training said he was told by a player that Clark's foot is fine and that he'd been having hamstring issues as a consequence of his lack of conditioning. Seems plausible to me; hope that's all it is.

• Like 3

glad your so excited,cant wait until we are 4/1 and see how excited you are then

btw,mitch isnt in the clear yet,

he will have to wait 2 weeks for infection to pass after his foot was removed from a demonlander posters mouth

Correction, "rabid demonland poster's mouth".

• Like 1

If his foot is stuffed... IF... the club would be keeping it under wraps.

Fact is, the poor guy has sat out a lot of footy over the years and his body needs to be conditioned back into the game. I'd gladly ease him back into AFL with a 10 game season if it meant next year we got 20 games with him. Preferable to stuffing his foot again and going back to square one.

• Like 4

If his foot is stuffed... IF... the club would be keeping it under wraps.

Fact is, the poor guy has sat out a lot of footy over the years and his body needs to be conditioned back into the game. I'd gladly ease him back into AFL with a 10 game season if it meant next year we got 20 games with him. Preferable to stuffing his foot again and going back to square one.

But if his foot was really stuffed, I would be very surprised to see him coming out himself and categorically stating that it was fine; I think he would keep a low profile and let the club deal with the deflection work.

• Like 1

But if his foot was really stuffed, I would be very surprised to see him coming out himself and categorically stating that it was fine; I think he would keep a low profile and let the club deal with the deflection work.

Good point h.

He is no ts that's for sure.

Good point h.

He is no ts that's for sure.

its jus footy an [censored] [censored]

I received an email today suggesting that he may not play again and it was from a usually very reliable source, I hope it's wrong.

BTW another part of the rumour was he had altered his running style to accommodate the foot injury and that had lead to soft tissue injuries.

Big chance Clark, Dawes and Hogan will all run out for round 1...

Plus have a choice on 3 rucks.. Jamar, Spencer and Gawn, marvelous how things change, still 50 days to go

I received an email today suggesting that he may not play again and it was from a usually very reliable source, I hope it's wrong.

BTW another part of the rumour was he had altered his running style to accommodate the foot injury and that had lead to soft tissue injuries.

If your source is correct RF why would Clark tweet

Mitch Clark ‏@MitchClark11 1h

Apparently some rumours going around that my foot is no good. Couldn't be further from the truth and I can't wait to run out with the boys

It doesn't make sense and I know u have good sources at the club too.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

Ok, all of this is news to me. I have been away for the entirety of the preseason and only able to get on here once a week and not for too long. But what I don't understand (like many others do as well) is why would he be tweeting about how well he is feeling when the people with the "good sources" on here claim he will never wear the red and blue again. Surely Mitch Clark himself is the best source? I do realise his workload is very low at the moment but why would they have him out on the park if that was really the case. I would think they would get him running indoors. It may be the denial that is coming out or maybe the optimist but not a lot of this is pointing to the end of his career.

• Like 1

Some muppet benny_06 started the rumour on twitter.

I just don't understand how if Clark was in trouble with the foot why he would be training in some capacity and not having a period off it. Of course the foot might not be out of the blue but surely there are too many people with jobs on the line to not take a conservative path.

As far as I can tell the soft tissue injuries secondary to lack of conditioning +/- any gait changes is way more plausible than a repeat foot problem.

• Like 1

I posted on here last year , after clarky done his foot (again ) and c dawes wasn't ready that I feared they would never play a game together , FMD I hope am wrong about that , but im thinking that might just be so , HELL I HOPE NOT

You can just smell this is crap.

Especially if you've been to training and have seen his body language, etc.

Your radar is deserting you to repeat it.

• Like 1

So we have emails from "reliable sources" that he is stuffed, first hand observations by posters that he is running freely, and from the horse's mouth (on social media) that all is progressing well.

I guess someone will be proven right, eventually.

• Like 2

You make the fairly wild assumption here that people always tell the truth on social media.

...but emails from "reliable sources" to the contrary must be factual???

• Like 1

...but emails from "reliable sources" to the contrary must be factual???

Not at all. It was just a typically wild, black and white hogans_heroes comment, which was that 'Mitch knows his foot better than anyone else'. He does, but you make exactly the right point - his Twitter feed is no more valid than someone's reported email, or my thoughts on the matter at all.

As I keep saying, I hope to god he gets right, but from all the evidence before me, he isn't. He doesn't even really look like he is progressing that much, beyond gentle running. As soon as he does, I'll be over the moon, but I'm not going to take his word for it that it will happen!

Not at all. It was just a typically wild, black and white hogans_heroes comment, which was that 'Mitch knows his foot better than anyone else'. He does, but you make exactly the right point - his Twitter feed is no more valid than someone's reported email, or my thoughts on the matter at all.

As I keep saying, I hope to god he gets right, but from all the evidence before me, he isn't. He doesn't even really look like he is progressing that much, beyond gentle running. As soon as he does, I'll be over the moon, but I'm not going to take his word for it that it will happen!

Moon, yep and he would be wearing the boot if he had foot problems. He isn't.

Mitch was up and running prior to Christmas so he has been doing more that gentle running. Hammy problems brought on by compensation in running technique because of the past injury are not unusual so he is now being managed a bit more carefully.

• Like 1