I now have a lot of confidence that those stupid errors won't raise their heads again.

Really? All footballers make stupid errors. The good players have a lot less than everyone else. And less pressure usually means less errors.

• Like 1

I think the rise of Pederson makes us revise our best team, particularly when Hogan comes back. Based on current form, and what might be described as "potential" when over injuries, I would put it as:

FB: Jetta. Frawley. Dunn

HB: Howe. MacD. Grimes

CC: Vince. N Jones. Salem

HF: Hogan. Dawes. Watts

FF: JKH. Big Max. Pedo

Foll: Jamar. Tyson. Viney

Interchange: toumpas cross garland

Sub: Bail

Emergencies: Matt Jones. Terlich. Evans mckenzie. Clisby. Kent. Michie Spencer. Fitz

Strengths?

Midfield & rucks (strangely enought)

Back half

Forwards if we can get the talls to combine with each other, and get Max to use two hands in the one on one marking contests ( which is is very much aware of!). This configuration might also be top heavy, so maybe could swap Watts and Salem, although watts is pretty mobile as well as being an excellent mark and kick. On balance though I think having Salem at HF makes sense.

Thoughts?

With this side in the second half of the year, we will win more than we lose I reckon, and may even beat some top eight and top 4 sides.

Edited by Dees2014

We had a new car that now had a few miles on the clock and it was starting to cost us money for repairs, so we traded it in for another new car but found we didn't like the new car, so we on traded for a new, second hand car which needed some work but ultimately has proven to be better value than the first new car and the replacement new car.

Except the new cars were a Suzuki mightyboy and a Pontiac aztek, but in the end we got a 2nd hand hilux.

• Like 1

For all the many things Neeld did wrong, or one's that were totally out of his control, he did do a few good things.

As said, he brought in Clark, Dawes and the Gysberts for Pederson deal has to be deemed as a stroke of genius.

The Pederson trade was not a stroke of genius. Neeld never got anything out of Pederson. It has been since Roos came to the club that he has been given a clear role and non negotiables to follow. He's a role player and doing it well, but that is all. It wasn't a stroke of genius on Neeld's behalf.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 4

Pedersen was/is not a hopeless cause.

He can kick a long ball and take a good mark.

He was clearly unfit last year but he must be looking a bit fitter from all reports.

There is a footballer hiding in there somewhere.

He shirked a few marks in pack situations last year, as did Nicholson shirk it more than once.

The old me would have sacked them but the new me would threaten them both with a permanent position at Casey if they ever do that again.

They are on the list and I am hoping to go to games with the spirit of'87 and not have to listen to MFC fans whinge from the first quarter.

'87 saw fans begin to get behind everyone and support them-except for Brian Wilson-when he got caught trying to beat 4 tacklers by himself.

One shirking incident should cost a career but if Pedersen gets another game I will be expecting ridiculous acts of bravery from him,as well as skill.

Congrats Biffen, credit where credit is due.

• Like 2

Was chatting to Melbourne supporters at a party last night and we all agreed that a month ago Pederson just made us groan in anger, and now he's everyone's new favourite underdog.

I would literally sit at games and complain that he's terrible and to [censored] him off. Now I'm all "Pederson for Brownlow". Roos sure knows how to turn average players into very good team contributors.

I know this is a long way behind the discussion, but ...

I'm just impressed that you went to a party where you could find another Melbourne supporter!

• Like 2

Except the new cars were a Suzuki mightyboy and a Pontiac aztek, but in the end we got a 2nd hand hilux.

Yes, but you can't kill a HiLux and those Pontiac's have just disappeared. The mighty boy never did grow up.

Edited by ManDee

Just watched the game again and Cam was sensational all game but particularly in the last when the pressure was truly on

His stats

12 possesions

8 marks

8 tackles

81% efficiency

123 sc points which was 2nd most for the club only behind Watts

That is an amazing transformation. I keep thinking of Jamar's comment where he says 'the coaching staff treat them like men'. Cam and many others are certainly playing like men

I'm just impressed that you went to a party where you could find another Melbourne supporter!

They're actually coming out of the wood-work at the moment. I'm seeing them all over Facebook. It's good to see, but at the same time, where the hell were all these 'supporters' when the going was tough the last seven years? I guess a few came back in 2010, but then a lot went missing again.

They're actually coming out of the wood-work at the moment. I'm seeing them all over Facebook. It's good to see, but at the same time, where the hell were all these 'supporters' when the going was tough the last seven years? I guess a few came back in 2010, but then a lot went missing again.

Fair-whether supporters always come out when the team is going well or improving.

A team is made on loyal supporters like us and the fair whether ones r cream on top of the cake when things go well.

It's just the way it is.

Yeah, I'll welcome them, D, don't you worry.

I assume u r responding to my post AF.

I am not worrying about it, it's the way it always has been and always will be.

I take great pride in sticking by the dees during the "horrific" years. Makes the wins all the more sweeter.

• Like 2

Trengove doesn't even make your emergency list?

Trenners is going to have to work his butt off to break into this side next year

Who would have thought?

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that a fully fit trengove will be in our best side next year, if he is still slow and has the same issues he is going to really struggle

• Like 1

I went to a family reunion on Sunday (dad's side of the family). there were 60 of us in total.

There were a couple neutrals, 8 Melbourne supporters and 40-ish Richmond supporters...and it was gooood! :)

• Like 4