• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Monday 25th November, 2013

McQueen

Rather they spend the money on the football department.

If the fans/players can't be bothered walking a few metres (depending on which oval) then they need to toughen up.

Sounds like a couple of the fans could have done with the exercise anyway.

Thanks for the report.

Agree about the fans and reinforce again I'm all for public urination, I love nothing better than finding a good tree when you're out in the sticks or coming home late at night or even playing a slow round of 18. But training (particularly well attended sessions such as today or heaven forbid if we ever make a final again) should and is a family affair with plenty of women and children in attendance. So it's not unreasonable that these fans shouldn't see grown men urinating and therefore we either need a toilet or the coaches to instruct the players to cease there behavior and spend the extra 2 minutes jogging to the green loo on swan st. Remember the outrage when Brent Moloney did/didn't urinate on the bar? Now every session players openly urinate in sight of children. Only takes a slow day for Caro Wilson (and her to actually attend a footy training which of course is highly unlikely) and we've got another great PR disaster.

The money I think can be found. If PJ can land Paul Roos and find us a major sponsor he can deal with the council/Olympic park trust, a MFC supporting plumber who wants free air time on the club website and a plumping company who can put a big sponsors board on the side of the thing. Heck we could even make a profit on "Reece Plumbing the Masters Goschs Paddock Melbourne Football Club Urinal". In fact we can hold social functions there for all those desperate for the club to have a social club close to the ground.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe no one has mentioned Jeremy Howe at training today in the sprints at the end of training.

Looked to be 200m sprints. He was by far and away the fastest.

He was in the first (fastest) group of him Cross and Grimes and consistently won by a healthy margin.

The other surprise packet in the 2nd fastest group for me was Toumpas who was touching up Nathan Jones.

Very happy with that.

I've side tracked this thread. Back on topic. Yes Howe was looking good and Toumpas has looked so much better since he came back. Break did him a world of good. And both players showing how a good start to preseason can really build momentum. First session back they were running well and fair to say they've pinched a break on guys like Jones and Cross who had the longer time off.

Just one thing on Howe than concerned me today was the extent that he jumps early and hangs in the air for what are pretty regulation marks for him. I'd rather see him lead out and jump in to the ball and mark whilst maintaining momentum instead of hovering through the air. That was he maintains balance when under pressure and can move the ball on.

I'm not talking about potential speccies but more on a lead where I'd like to see him stronger. It's great he looks like his fitness is through the roof but at some stage this preseason he needs instruction on marking on the lead and marking one on one with a bigger opponent. He gets pushed under the ball much too easily and if he can't run and jump at a contest is pretty much a non factor.

The Filth used have a lot of signage on that oval. Yes the little building is a Toilet...not a Tardis !!

Agree about the fans and reinforce again I'm all for public urination, I love nothing better than finding a good tree when you're out in the sticks or coming home late at night or even playing a slow round of 18. But training (particularly well attended sessions such as today or heaven forbid if we ever make a final again) should and is a family affair with plenty of women and children in attendance. So it's not unreasonable that these fans shouldn't see grown men urinating and therefore we either need a toilet or the coaches to instruct the players to cease there behavior and spend the extra 2 minutes jogging to the green loo on swan st. Remember the outrage when Brent Moloney did/didn't urinate on the bar? Now every session players openly urinate in sight of children. Only takes a slow day for Caro Wilson (and her to actually attend a footy training which of course is highly unlikely) and we've got another great PR disaster.

The money I think can be found. If PJ can land Paul Roos and find us a major sponsor he can deal with the council/Olympic park trust, a MFC supporting plumber who wants free air time on the club website and a plumping company who can put a big sponsors board on the side of the thing. Heck we could even make a profit on "Reece Plumbing the Masters Goschs Paddock Melbourne Football Club Urinal". In fact we can hold social functions there for all those desperate for the club to have a social club close to the ground.

Are you in love with the goat?

At this stage I'm prepared to share if you're willing.

I've side tracked this thread. Back on topic. Yes Howe was looking good and Toumpas has looked so much better since he came back. Break did him a world of good. And both players showing how a good start to preseason can really build momentum. First session back they were running well and fair to say they've pinched a break on guys like Jones and Cross who had the longer time off.

Just one thing on Howe than concerned me today was the extent that he jumps early and hangs in the air for what are pretty regulation marks for him. I'd rather see him lead out and jump in to the ball and mark whilst maintaining momentum instead of hovering through the air. That was he maintains balance when under pressure and can move the ball on.

I'm not talking about potential speccies but more on a lead where I'd like to see him stronger. It's great he looks like his fitness is through the roof but at some stage this preseason he needs instruction on marking on the lead and marking one on one with a bigger opponent. He gets pushed under the ball much too easily and if he can't run and jump at a contest is pretty much a non factor.

Howe doesn't need marking advice.

There is a reel of highlights to prove it.

The hangtime is good.

131125_HoganMichie_01.jpg

He is seriously going to put some opponents in hospital in his first season

Hogan is without doubt a good size for the young bloke that he is but you're taking it a bit far with this comment.

I'm looking forward to seeing him put some muscle on over the next couple of years.

Are you in love with the goat?

Yes talk of consorting with goats is always likely to lead to wagging tongues. I was thinking is McQueen a Mason? Maybe even a Templar? But then again maybe he just drank too much beer!

I am still not sure.

Heaven forbid, do we not have far more important issues as a club right now than worrying about heavily hydrated players needing to urinate in public? It happens at every training session for every football club I've worked at during training sessions.

It's obviously faster, and as pointed out, coaches would be none too pleased if players missed a drill just to relieve themselves. They're hardly doing it right in front of people and players use discretion about where they go.

I'm much more concerned about players working on improving their heavily maligned skills than worrying about where to urinate. That's where their focus should be.

As far as wasting even a cent of money on public toilets that could be spent on a million other things that actually help improve our club, well... get your priorities straight. Kids are not going to think twice about it, and families that get offended obviously don't understand much about elite athletes, hydration and training sessions.

Edited by Lamashtu

just drank too much beer!

Oh thank God it's a beer related issue. if we were talking Templars who knows where it might end. The Pope would have to get involved and I think he has a number of other problems to deal with.

I'd make the following comments.

All players appeared to be present except Bail and Dawes but recent absentee Max Gawn was there but mostly ran laps but did not appear to be in any undue discomfort. Jamar and Strauss did intermittent sprints...

Bail was definitely there. Edited by Nasher
Fixed bung quote and trimmed it as it was super long

Remember the outrage when Brent Moloney did/didn't urinate on the bar?

Don't disagree with the crux of your point, but I'd say there's a fair bit of difference hygiene wise between having a quick wizz on the tyre of the training van and taking a leak on a bar where drinks and food are served.

Heaven forbid, do we not have far more important issues as a club right now than worrying about heavily hydrated players needing to urinate in public? It happens at every training session for every football club I've worked at during training sessions.

It's obviously faster, and as pointed out, coaches would be none too pleased if players missed a drill just to relieve themselves. They're hardly doing it right in front of people and players use discretion about where they go.

I'm much more concerned about players working on improving their heavily maligned skills than worrying about where to urinate. That's where their focus should be.

As far as wasting even a cent of money on public toilets that could be spent on a million other things that actually help improve our club, well... get your priorities straight. Kids are not going to think twice about it, and families that get offended obviously don't understand much about elite athletes, hydration and training sessions.

I'm going to make the assumption you are male. Now presume you went down to Melbourne Vixens training and you saw the girls sneak out between drills and go squat behind the car. Now think about that image a bit.

The players use discretion but it's still very visible and the issue I'm arguing is not one of the urinating so much but one of professionalism.

Players and staff combined we are at over 50 people with a heavily conservative estimate of an average wage of $50 an hour puts a 2 hour training session up above 5000 dollars worth of people power right there. In reality Paul Roos probably gets 5000 dollar a day of work! Not to mention the sports science set up that we have at each training session - 2 people in the tent monitoring data, another behind the goals just monitoring data as well as those on the field.

I know that every cent matters to us but we are a professional sporting club with a turnover of tens of millions of dollars and you are saying that we can't afford a toilet and that our players urinating in public is fine because it's the done thing?

Howe doesn't need marking advice.

There is a reel of highlights to prove it.

The hangtime is good.

Hangtime is a wonderful thing when taking a big hanger. I've noted that. But when taking a regulation mark not standing on someones shoulders or rising over the pack you want to get back to your feet to as quick as possible to secure the mark and to move the ball on.

Did you ever have a football coach teach you not to jump when you are about to accept a handball? Common thing that young players do and disrupts their balance and overly jumping for a mark is the same principle.

Either way if I had the footage and ability to cut it up quickly I could go through a whole bunch of Melbourne games and show you Howe getting out bodied and out marked when he doesn't have a run and jump at the ball for the big mark.

So 2 issues really. 1 is over jumping and hanging in the air for simple leading marks, the other is his inability to use his body and maintain position when caught in front or blocked by a good defender. Both need a lot of work if he's to get more involved in play.

Master I'm the guy in the blue t-shirt who recently suffered a stroke and also a busted knee which has resulted in weight gain but please don't let facts get in the way of off hand smart ass comments. Only makes you come across as an up yourself [censored] jockey but thats only one mans view.

Calm down mate, I admire your passion in a way but you are going gaga over this guy.

lol

i stand by what i said

Jesse is an absolute animal who is going to physically hurt the opposition regularly

Master I'm the guy in the blue t-shirt who recently suffered a stroke and also a busted knee which has resulted in weight gain but please don't let facts get in the way of off hand smart ass comments. Only makes you come across as an up yourself [censored] jockey but thats only one mans view.

Liked