Mitch Clark is Back

dazzledavey36

Being a very long suffering Demon fan and therefore a rusted-on pessimist, I will say he is back when he plays his first full season for us

• Like 1

Not sure what you were drinking last night jazza but finals in 2014!

the top 4-5 are the top 4-5

next years bottom 4-5 wont include us

what happens in the rest of the ladder is anyones guess :)

Out of interest given that you have said the bottom 4 won't include us, who will be in the bottom four bub?

In my eyes:

Saints - will definitely be there

GWS - should show quite a bit of improvement but still probably bottom 4.

Western Bulldogs - I don't know if they are going up or down?

Brisbane - same as bulldogs

Adelaide and West Coast look on the down?

That's about all the possibilities but in footy anything can happen and that's why I love it.

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 1

In my eyes:

That's about all the possibilities but in footy anything can happen and that's I love it.

Try as well Essendon, Carlton, Crows, Richmond, possibly the Pies.

• Like 1

In my eyes:

That's about all the possibilities but in footy anything can happen and that's I love it.

I only ask as I think next season is shaping as one of the closest in memory,

I think you can write Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo and Geelong down for the 8, but for the other 4 spots there are 10 teams who look like they could do it.

I think

Saints: Starting a rebuild, losing Dal Santo, Milne, Blake, Koschitske to add to Goddard from last year as well as relying heavily on aging stars like Lenny Hayes look destined for short term pain and are all but certainties to finish bottom 4, if not bottom.

GWS: On exposed form seem likely to stay bottom four, but there is a plethora of young talent on their list which only needs an early season win and some confidence to jump out of the bottom four. Their midfield is streets ahead of ours, St Kildas, Bulldogs, Brisbane and co and you would think they have the potential to suprise this year, not to mention a forwardline with Boyd, Patton and Cameron looming.

Brisbane: Losing a lot of talent and relying on some older bodies (Jonathan Brown) as well as a coaching change and a board scuffle look all but certain to leave Brisbane in the bottom four. However they still have a midfield that can compete with ours, and could still beat us this year.

Bulldogs: Hard to read, seem to still lack KPP and rely heavily on their older players like Boyd, Cooney, Murphy, Gia and Griffin. However their second half of the season was impressive and the likely inclusion of Crameri would help their forwardline immensely. I think they will be bottom four/five.

Adelaide: Suffered a hangover from their prelim in 2012 and effectively lost both Tippett and Walker for the season. However they have a strong lineup once Walker is back, some stars in the midfield, a solid ruck in Jacobs and a solid backline. I don't see them plummetting to bottom four, in fact with luck with injuries they would be thinking top 8.

WC: Same as Adelaide were cruelled by injuries. Have lost some quality players but still have a solid midfield with great rucks, great KPF in Kennedy and Darling, solid key backs and depth. With some luck with injuries they would be thinking top 8.

What I think is while I, like many on the board am really excited and think with all going well we could be a good team next year. I think the problem with this time of year is we lose sight of what other clubs are doing and tend to forget that almost all clubs are improving, with many improving just through better luck with injuries. I think looking pragmatically our list is in the bottom five with St Kilda, Brisbane, WB, and GWS, and although I hope we shoot up the ladder this season I think with some bad luck we are equally as likely to finish below a couple of these teams.

Edited by deejammin'

Essendon will be bottom of the ladder once a dozen of their senior team are rubbed out for two years. Will happen before Xmas, believe me.

I hope you are right, but I was critqueing lists not trying to guess asada penalties. On a lighter note, thank God Mitch Clark is back!!!!!!

Out of interest given that you have said the bottom 4 won't include us, who will be in the bottom four bub?

No particular order though figure it'll be hard for Essendon once theyre smacked.

Saints...rebuild meets disarray

Brisbane... dogs breakfast

Puppies might struggle .... might lift...might not

I dont think the lesser western munchkins will quite have enough thrust to escape the gravitational pull

Am really not sure how well both Crows and Weagles will fire.. bit ought to be in the middle mix, which is where i will put us also

I dont think people still realize how amazing Hogan will be

Putting aside his immense football ability, the guy is as strong as Tony Lockett and an absolute maniac who will smash anyone within 10 feet of him

He will make his teammates walk taller his entire career

ffs, how can you realize something in the future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTTIm5ys78M

what a great sight it is! Would be great to see him return to these heights this up coming season

It certainly shows how much we have missed Mitch.

I had forgotten just how good his kicking is, and his crumbing snaps were fantastic.

Keep well !!

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTTIm5ys78M

what a great sight it is! Would be great to see him return to these heights this up coming season

I forgot how agile he is at ground level.

I hope the injury has not taken any of that away.

My worry is if Trengove missed out on 6 weeks last preseason and struggled all year because of it how long will it take Clark to return to full fitness. (would be a good one to ask Misson)

I think Mitch Clark is the best forward in the competition and I don't just say that because I barrack for the MFC.

Up and running, only Taylor Walker comes close.

Clark is top 10, maybe top 5 at his very best.

Walker, Tippett, Pavlich, Nick Riewoldt, Franklin, Cloke and Josh Kennedy are all better. Clark plays some ripper matches but has a long way to go before he can be called anywhere near the best.

He will never be anyway because sadly for him, his career falls at a time when Jesse Hogan will be dominating the competition. He will be the best forward in the league.