Who will be worse next year? Saints or us?

Norm Smith's Curse

we have alot of unfulfilled talent, who knows what we could do next year under Roos, we might fly up the ladder much quicker than people expect

I'd be surprised if we aren't a much improved team next year, but i can't see where the improvement is going to come from for the saints, Jack Steven is the only genuine A grade player coming through.

There is no question that we will perform better than the Saints and a number of other teams, particularly with the methodical way we have been restructuring our football department over the last six months and the rebuild of our list which will take place under Roos.

they face serious restocking . A few clubs are lining up to pick the eyes out.

2014 going to be a year of pain for the Aints !!

they face serious restocking . A few clubs are lining up to pick the eyes out.

2014 going to be a year of pain for the Aints !!

Including Nick Del Santo. Whereas none of our MVPs are tipped to depart now that Roos is on board.

I think most of us were probably saying similar things about Port at the end of last season, and West Coast the season before that... so, I am very loathe to do make the same mistake again in underestimating yet another team "on the way out".

There is no question that we will perform better than the Saints and a number of other teams, particularly with the methodical way we have been restructuring our football department over the last six months and the rebuild of our list which will take place under Roos.

YES THERE IS!

Unless we have a full and firing list with some apt experienced list additions I don't expect a better 2014 than last year. It's a matter if StKilda deteriorate to our standard.

Both bottom 4 sides next year.

Yep

I hate this RR

I find myself agreeing with you most days!!

I would be hesitant in suggesting our position or other teams positions at this time. I'm getting the feeling on these boards that a lot of supporters have this mentality that Paul Roos is the messiah. I think its great for us that we were able to land such an influential coach and I have no doubt that we will see improvement in the coming season but to think that we will be able to pull a "Port Adelaide" is, I believe, setting many up for disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I will happily be proven incorrect, but I'm not holding my breath that we will be sniffing finals next year or even moving up the ladder. I've been optimistic for too long now.

• Like 1

Trade period will tell us a bit about the chances of our club and others.. if Roos assists the club in landing some players then we could snag some wins in 2014... Conversely, the Saints and Lions could lose a few players and I suspect will be in for a painful year.

Collingwood is the other team I am interested in looking at for next year with the reported 'clean out'...

Im resigned to the wooden spoon next year. I would prefer that to looking forward to one year wonders like Daniel Cross.

Even if we bring in a few more superannuated players in their twilight, I cant see us beating GWS or Saints. GWS will be better and the Saints can actually hit targets.

Next year will be rough IMO.

• Like 1

There seems to be a lot of uber optimism that is bordering on counting chickens. i would hope that we improve under Roos but how much and when is anybody's guess. Whether there is improvement or not for St Kilda is anybodies guess. i would hope we go better but still hard to call definetively always endeavour not to Ante Victoriam ne canas triumph

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.