Melbourne Makeover

BrisbaneDemon

All right boys and girls,

After the sensational news of ROOOOSSSYYYYYY signing today, it got me thinking. This could be the perfect time for the oldest club to completely rejuvenate itself.

The marketing team could have an absolute field day with this.

New season, new coach which has brought new hope to this old girl.

Im thinking;

New emblem

New uniforms (get rid of the white and get back to the reversed colours with the light royal blue)

new sponsors

new players

NEW SUCCESSFUL COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can be a washing of the hands of the Schwab, Bailey, Neeld era.

Go Dee's!

Edited by BrisbaneDemon

We are spending vast amounts of money on a new coach and no doubt on new assistants and new players, so why would we throw money away on pointless exercises that are designed to justify the existence of a few marketing types? I like the emblem, have no issue with the uniforms and sponsors will come and go (you certainly don't just "change" sponsors).

• Like 3

We are spending vast amounts of money on a new coach and no doubt on new assistants and new players, so why would we throw money away on pointless exercises that are designed to justify the existence of a few marketing types? I like the emblem, have no issue with the uniforms and sponsors will come and go (you certainly don't just "change" sponsors).

I agree..more important things and I like the emblem a lot.

• Like 1

If PJ turned his mind to any of the things you mentioned you may as well call him Cameron Schwab.

This is exactly what everyone hates Schwab for; he thought we were on track on the field and started worrying about this other stuff to try and re-brand and rebuild us of the field. If it cane of on the field he would have been hailed a genius. Let's get some runs on the board with our on field stuff first.

• Like 2

If PJ turned his mind to any of the things you mentioned you may as well call him Cameron Schwab.

This is exactly what everyone hates Schwab for; he thought we were on track on the field and started worrying about this other stuff to try and re-brand and rebuild us of the field. If it cane of on the field he would have been hailed a genius. Let's get some runs on the board with our on field stuff first.

Couldn't agree more.

To add, Schwab wanted to create an image or a certain look instead of letting the club develop it's own one organically. I know a lot of people don't like the emblem but it's really not bad so let's just stick with it all and let the club focus on football for once.

• Like 2

After the sensational news of ROOOOSSSYYYYYY signing today, it got me thinking. This could be the perfect time for the oldest club to completely rejuvenate itself.

Im thinking;

New emblem

New uniforms (get rid of the white and get back to the reversed colours with the light royal blue)

new sponsors

new players

Go Dee's!

Deja vu. Been there, done that. Lets not get ahead of ourselves...... again. Just concentrate on winning a few more games, eh? The rest will follow. For too long we've put all these things ahead of the real thing, winning games of footy. Watching Swans vs Hawks tonight I realise how much I envy those supporters and want my club to just simply win games of footy, especially when it matters.

We simply need to rid ourselves of those inept non performers who have been hanging around just for a pay packet. Roos is no dill and will see through a few hangers-on that [censored] themselves everytime another opposition player comes near them.............we have a few of these.

I'd prefer to put up with slow, less talented goers, than some of the poor minded wimps that we have had to endure lately. Let Roos do want he wants to do and watch a gradual transformation occur.

It may not happen overnight, but it will happen. Could be the best thing to happen at the MFC since Robbie Flower first suited up for us!

Im thinking;

New emblem

new sponsors

new players

Go Dee's!

Not the Emblem, the Emblem is fantastic...

..... but what we need is our Old Logo back for things like the AFL home page where the clubs are represented by the Logo's. & other informal representations.

I agree..more important things and I like the emblem a lot.

It's an abomination, the doodlings of a madman passed onto a graphic artist for a bit of a smarten-up.

It says "I'm not sure what we stand for right now but we've been around for bloody ages and in a dark and distant time won a few premierships".

It's an abomination, the doodlings of a madman passed onto a graphic artist for a bit of a smarten-up.

It says "I'm not sure what we stand for right now but we've been around for bloody ages and in a dark and distant time won a few premierships".

Yeah, it should look like a cartoon that might be seen on a box of cereal.

The emblem, the away strip...can we just worry about winning games of footy?

Yeah, it should look like a cartoon that might be seen on a box of cereal.

The emblem, the away strip...can we just worry about winning games of footy?

You have my vote

Right now anything else is just Bull----

im having flashbacks, horrible flashbacks

I now understand why the MFC had such a poor team.

The MFC employed a Cloths Tailor as the CEO.

Who was responsible that the Club was actually functional is anyones guess.

I like the Emblem. New People will change the rest.

so do I WYL, but I do now understand what I think people were getting at, some months back about the emblem... they wanted the old

Melbourne80s.pngback... I tend to agree, that we need BOTH... the emblem as our 'Shield' our 'Emblem' for Letterheads, & for formalities, etc.

but the Logo for fun things, like the the AFL home page Icons, etc. > http://www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor

Edited by dee-luded