POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Thankgod that is over. I went to the game and the last quarter turned out to be exciting.

Daveys run down on Cooney I think it was him was brilliant and a nice reminder what he can do.

Watts 4 goals. I have been saying for ages to put him forward make him attack the ball and see what he can do

Viney just brilliant. Cannot wait until next year

The crowd. I thought for a 4:40 game on fathers day with 2 sides playing that meant nothing 22,000 was quite good.

Obviously Etihad thought there would be less because the number of ticket offices open was ridiculous. Took over 20 minutes to get a ticket and missed flash running out. People behind me wouldnt have got in until 1/2 way through the 1st quarter.

They mentioned on the radio some past players came back to stand on the ground as Flash ran out. Who was there? I know Aussie was. Aaron said on the radio Jurrah said he'd come but never showed.

Re the numbers at Etihad games Andreous Demitrous knows exactly how many will turn up. No one was going next week so the final is

moved to Skilled apparently. 40 odd thousand went to a Fremantle final in Melbourne last year but that's different. Andrew knows it all.

My key take outs:

· Grimes is a HBF not a mid. His first quarter yesterday was his best for the season.

· Dawes missing again with another soft tissue injury is a real worry. He played 12 games for the year for 12 goals and averaged 9.2 disposals and 56 Supercoach points. He had only one game with more than 13 disposals. I know he displays strong leadership and the ball doesn't go forward very often, but he was being paid $500K this year, so he hasn’t been a great recruit IMO.

· Well done to Flash, the tackle in the last wound back the clock.

· We should play Nathan Jones as the loose man in defence and just play a seven man defence/five man forward line if he is if manned up.

· Craig is not much better than Neeld. Why would you ever leave Robert Murphy loose in defence?

· Cross would be a good acquisition to our midfield.

To Neil Craig

Thanks Neil for taking over this motley crew of ratbags for the residual of 2013. I'm sure you would have liked to have experienced more success here at Melbourne your efforts and demeanor are duly noted

Should the MFC not be where you find yourself in 14 and on , good luck.

• Like 1

My key take outs:

· Grimes is a HBF not a mid. His first quarter yesterday was his best for the season.

· Dawes missing again with another soft tissue injury is a real worry. He played 12 games for the year for 12 goals and averaged 9.2 disposals and 56 Supercoach points. He had only one game with more than 13 disposals. I know he displays strong leadership and the ball doesn't go forward very often, but he was being paid $500K this year, so he hasn’t been a great recruit IMO.

· Well done to Flash, the tackle in the last wound back the clock.

· We should play Nathan Jones as the loose man in defence and just play a seven man defence/five man forward line if he is if manned up.

· Craig is not much better than Neeld. Why would you ever leave Robert Murphy loose in defence?

· Cross would be a good acquisition to our midfield.

Not sure if he was loose as I was only watching on TV but it looked like our younger players struggled to run with him. He just keeps moving and creating play.

when jw was subbed on at half time

best west gate run in traffic

good pizza on way home at geelong

smile on face knowing ro"os recruiting record

starting to think DEAN might become the new JACK

seeing the same signs ive seen all year,knowing a proper coach will take away basic errors

saying goodbye to Davey boy

playing wondering by sixtos Rodriquez

ive got a 2014 membership package coming for my birthday

The highlight for me was seeing the old boys come onto the ground. Neitz, Rivers, Moloney, Miller, Ward, Aussie, Whelan, Nicholson. Matt Whelan has been in a very good paddock, I dare to say no grass just pure meat diet.

The game, I thought the first quarter it was just going to be a shoot out going through the motions, the the Bulldogs decided to take it serious and we were still in coast mode game was over until big Wil decided to fire us up. Great to see most of our players involved pit bull Viney lives for this and will be his first fine of a few over his carreer, then we decided to take it serious and it was quite a reasonable game.

Have to say, I would love for Nev Jetta to get another year and left in the backline. His commitment and hardness is something our team lacks and he can run and carry the footy. I hope he gets another year and is allowed to settle in one position.

The final siren was soured by some stupid Bulldogs fans behind the Melbourne Cheer Squad hurling abuse. I had to guide my young son away from several punch ups started by drunk Bulldogs Fans. One Melbourne supporter was flattened right next to me by a hoon who was tanked. Why do they allow these clowns to drink near children? The security at Etihad were slow to react and clueless as to how deal with violence!

Just on this - I put that bloke in the recovery position and tried to stop the bleeding to the back of his head with a jumper.

Does anyone know if the bloke was caught?

Also - does anyone know about the guy who was hit? Who he is? I left in a daze once the ambulance turned up.

Security was slow to react, I basically had to tell them to get an ambulance.

Any details would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

I honestly just want to punch the face of any moron who spouts this rubbish. I have been clenching my teeth at it for 5 years since we drafted Watts. Stop for one second PLEASE and use your god-given brain:

1. Toumpas was rated higher universally and every club would have taken him at pick 3! (just like Morton, Watts etc)

2. We are not in the business of recruiting blokes based on who they are mates with

3. They are 1 year in to 10-12 year careers how stupid are you to pass judgement already

4. Every draft there are players taken at lower picks than others that end up better, it doesn't just go in perfect order you morons

5. How can you determine the impact of the development program/coaching at one club vs another

6. How can you determine the impact of being in a top8 side vs a bottom 2 side?

7. Toomp has actually been OK anyway! He has gotten better as its gone on

8. MOST IMPORTANTLY - WHO CARES? It has happened already and it cannot be changed FFS! What is to be gained by whinging about it constantly, just support your players FCS

smarten up, you embarrass all of us

Yeah well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, Like it or not, this is my assertion about JT , IMO he is very much an outside receiver in the mould of Cale Morton. Of his 15 or so insignificant ( read don't hurt!!) Possesions, 13 were uncontested. Right ?? So If I want to have an opinion on a very outside receiver I will!

You have your opinion about players as obviously you and others have and I have my opinion and will express it about the type of player we have drafted.

Don't like it? Bad luck!

If this Kid turns out to be any good I will withdraw all comments and recount!

Hope for our sake and his he can!!

Take it or leave it.

"Fence"

Some great moments from Tommy Mac.

Was on a one on one contest in the square and managed to defend a pretty tough ball from behind, forced his opponent down, and when most would also go down held is own, picked and ran with the ball which caused one of Watt's goals.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sylvia's effort in the second quarter.

He waited for the ball in the air as it was kicked to him instead of moving towards it, completely oblivious that a Dogs player was closing in. That was poor, but it got much worse. The Dogs player spoiled the ball and as it dropped to the ground, Sylvia just stood there and made no effort whatsoever to pick the ball up. Then, when the Dogs player picked it up off the deck and started running away, Sylvia just took a few steps and slowly half-jogged after him in what can't even be described as an attempted chase.

It was a disgusting effort, especially so for a senior player who is meant to lead by example.

The problem with Colin is his effort is not a non-negotiable, sometimes he brings it, other times he doesn't.

I'm torn between two possibilities - one is that perhaps a great coach can get the best out of him, the second is that he will always be a player that picks when he wants to try hard and when he will just coast along.

As for the game, was happy with the effort, apart from that 20-minute patch in the second quarter. We matched them for the rest of the game. Clean, crisp hands at the clearances was the main difference between the sides. Their ability to extract cleanly from the stoppages compared to our fumbling and miscued handballs was obvious for all to see.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sylvia's effort in the second quarter.

He waited for the ball in the air as it was kicked to him instead of moving towards it, completely oblivious that a Dogs player was closing in. That was poor, but it got much worse. The Dogs player spoiled the ball and as it dropped to the ground, Sylvia just stood there and made no effort whatsoever to pick the ball up. Then, when the Dogs player picked it up off the deck and started running away, Sylvia just took a few steps and slowly half-jogged after him in what can't even be described as an attempted chase.

It was a disgusting effort, especially so for a senior player who is meant to lead by example.

The problem with Colin is his effort is not a non-negotiable, sometimes he brings it, other times he doesn't.

I'm torn between two possibilities - one is that perhaps a great coach can get the best out of him, the second is that he will always be a player that picks when he wants to try hard and when he will just coast along.

As for the game, was happy with the effort, apart from that 20-minute patch in the second quarter. We matched them for the rest of the game. Clean, crisp hands at the clearances was the main difference between the sides. Their ability to extract cleanly from the stoppages compared to our fumbling and miscued handballs was obvious for all to see.

think a lot of supporters see these things on a weekly basis

just don't put them on this site because you will get shot down by people who cherish one little piece of play and forget the 95%other krap served up by that player

interesting when contract talks and new coach talks hit the club,performances take on a different mode.

I mentioned a player who ducked his head twice in a quarter this year and nobody gave a stuff about it

but when r"oosy gets here ,that's the sort of rubbish that will be out the door quick smart

just interesting observation of late,the word HUBRIS seems to be creeping into this site more and more

does that mean were getting smarter .or are there more school teachers following the dees ??

I think Tony meant play a 5 man defense and 7 man forward line. Considering we had the one on one defenders capable of neutralizing the dogs forwards and our forward line struggles anyway it might not be the worst idea. Then again a bulldog midfield on fire and even more space for their forwards is not a great thing.

Sorry, to clarify what I meant to say was that you want either: a) Jones as loose man as part of a six-man defence versus five forwards or b) Jones part of a normal back six versus six forwards (to break the tag). You don’t want a seven-man backline with Murphy loose at the other end versus only five forwards.

http://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdistilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com%2F14e0c7ce138b11e38e2c22000a1fb747_7.jpg&width=490

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-02/mad-monday-gallery

Seriously?

Jones and Garland are about the only two I think deserve to put the feet up.

When I saw this on the AFL I thought which stupid club would that be?

Edited by Young Dee

http://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdistilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com%2F14e0c7ce138b11e38e2c22000a1fb747_7.jpg&width=490

Seriously?

Lighten up. Young men under a stack of pressure.

As long as they keep it in check let em have a bit of fun.

• Like 1

Seriously?

You know most of the photos are of dogs players!

But come on YD surely Cam Pedersen deserves a beer and a pie. Or Sam Blease he's worked hard all year. Jeremy Howe must be mentally spent after all the hangas. And hasn't Jack Watts earnt a day playing dress ups after all his second efforts this year?

Seriously?

So who are the skeletons in dress-up.... Jones, Watts and ??