Melbourne to be investigated re supplements

Never had a team proven so unequivocally that they have not used anything that enhances performances.

I'd love to find out that the reason we are so bad is because someone stuffed up and injected our players with horse tranquillisers.

I bet the documents are inside that infamous desk.

• Like 10

a nothing investigation

If there was anything of substance related to us it would have come out in the press by now

Beg to differ its the AFL that does most of the leaking. If they turn their attention to us and they are on the warpath then the info will flow to Carro and the rest no doubt. My hope is the AFL has had enough and works to bury our investigation as deep as possible a la the Carlton tanking evidence which is everywhere (Libba is talking yet again) but no one wants to look.

On another note I tried to complete the MFC survey tonight and had just completed my summary rant when my computer jumped back to the first screen and lost all my entries!!! It was probably my computers fault but God it sums up the MFC in 2013 for me.

• Like 2

I get the feeling we will get another not guilty verdict and another 500k fine lol

If there was anything like a story about Melbourne in this, I think we can be sure the 'sources' would have leaked all over the place and at the very least Caroline Wilson would have declared us a criminal organisation.

We only had any kind of contact with Dank for a month or two, he never had an official position and we never had a program of injections. Although I heard that someone heard Todd Viney say that Hogan would be a great CHF because he was 'like Jack Watts on steroids'. So we'll probably all be executed. :huh:

• Like 12

I mentioned this a couple of days ago when quite a few on here were gleefully discussing the possibilities for Essendon.

Seem to remember saying he who is without blame cast the first stone.

Not sure why people are surprised we all knew that something crapy went on with Trengove and the creme and our half wit Doctor.

The interesting part is who else was involved?

And we all wonder why Roos does not want to coach us.

Whatever happened it sure did not turn Trengrove into a sprinter he could not run out of sight on a dark night.

I would think that we're the AFL to decide to kick us when we are way down at our lowest ever ebb, and having made huge moves in governance and personnel, our once great club would be stone dead and buried.

We would certainly attract NO players of any value in the coming trading season - absolutely none.

Certainly were an investigation to be ongoing at the start of season 2014, we would struggle to get 5,000 members. And I doubt if they would instigate an investigation were they not pretty sure they were onto something.

I predict for a number or related reasons (some of which are mentioned above) that its not in the AFLs interest for the AFL to belt us further.

AFAIK, there is one player involved (Trengove) involved. Surely a plausible angle could be developed that Dr Bates was a lone wolf and that the governance failings at MFC have already cost the Pres, CEO, Coach and other FD officials. It could not be deduced that Melbourne did undertake an EFC style comprehensive supplements program. And they have sacked the evil Dr Bates.

The big issue if Dr L Wolf has caused Trengove to be treated with AOD-9604 then Trengove is in an unfortunate and appalling predicament. If there is another player also in the same boat then MFC might be drawn in to ASADAs view. Given that the EFC report is still some way off finalised then it will take some time for ASADA to conclude on MFC.

I don't care, I'm so fucken numb from all this shite we have thrown up, if they closed the doors I'm not sure that my life would be worse off.

I tend to agree

Having no AFL team when it is the MFC is not the worst that could happen to me by a long shot

• Like 1

The saddest thing is... some people until recently, and some still do, defended this incompetency. The blokes involved weren't doing it maliciously we were told. Others shouldn't be sacked because they 'bled red and blue'. If there is one phrase I DO NOT want to hear next year it is this one.
If Melbourne get in more trouble over this, I will officially lose my s***.

Edited by Guest

I think you will find that CS is gone and it was the nail when we didn't come forward. 2 other people are still involved at the club who could have governance issues questioned, Craig and Misson.

The players will come under ASADA questioning if they haven't already and if it's proven they have taken any banned substances then they will be suspended.

Wasn't Dunn's name mentioned?

Not with performance enhancement. But he has been a bit more aggro with the niggle and the guernsey pulling.

I recall Dunn being mentioned on the "730 Report" in the context that other players had reported good results and he wanted to get on board. There were several other players (other than Trengove) mentioned in that conversation that I cannot recall.

Link to 730 report- http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3740340.htm?

DAN BATES TO STEVE DANK (male voiceover): "Lynden Dunn would like an injection on Thursday if possible (good about Dunny asking, as he is doing it because the other guys have said they feel good). Dan."

Edited by Robot Devil

I predict for a number or related reasons (some of which are mentioned above) that its not in the AFLs interest for the AFL to belt us further.

AFAIK, there is one player involved (Trengove) involved. Surely a plausible angle could be developed that Dr Bates was a lone wolf and that the governance failings at MFC have already cost the Pres, CEO, Coach and other FD officials. It could not be deduced that Melbourne did undertake an EFC style comprehensive supplements program. And they have sacked the evil Dr Bates.

The big issue if Dr L Wolf has caused Trengove to be treated with AOD-9604 then Trengove is in an unfortunate and appalling predicament. If there is another player also in the same boat then MFC might be drawn in to ASADAs view. Given that the EFC report is still some way off finalised then it will take some time for ASADA to conclude on MFC.

Not necessarily RR if there is one player involved and the DH doc says yes I gave him aod then it is all over for Trengove.

IMO the only reason that Bomber players have not been charged is there is no evidence of who got what and when because there are 30+ players involved

Unless Dr D fesses up how do you charge someone.

Here is my worst nightmare.

Trengove gets suspended and then sues the MFC for no duty of care.

Hell I would!

I mentioned this a couple of days ago when quite a few on here were gleefully discussing the possibilities for Essendon.

Seem to remember saying he who is without blame cast the first stone.

Not sure why people are surprised we all knew that something crapy went on with Trengove and the creme and our half wit Doctor.

The interesting part is who else was involved?

And we all wonder why Roos does not want to coach us.

Whatever happened it sure did not turn Trengrove into a sprinter he could not run out of sight on a dark night.

I can't believe most people are surprised by us being investigated, was always going to happen once the EFC drama came to a head. I'm not overly concerned though. The AFL know that taking away draft picks from us now would only make us less competitive, uglier to watch and absolutely completely irrelevant in the League. If we take any more hits we'd be finished and the media rights deal can't allow that to happen.

My wife takes peptides. I just read it on the side of the bottle of her face cream.

She is married to a passionate Melbourne supporter (me).

Surely, on the basis of recent AFL investigations/witch hunts into the MFC, that'd be enough for the AFL to implicate the club and fine us, say, $1m.

So, sorry fellas - I think we're stuffed on this one. It's my fault. It's unacceptable. And it's unbecoming.

God bless all of us ...

• Like 3