POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Funny thing. A while back there was a thread trying to predict what our results would be for the remainder of the year. I said the Freo game would be a thrashing because they would see this as a chance to boost their percentage against a really bad side, and some muppet had a go at me for being negative when the team was improving under Craig.

I find this funny.

All there is left to say now is, are any of you still claiming that we're better off with Craig instead of Neeld? :)

• Like 2

Watching Viney made it worth going today. Just. What really gives me hope for his future is that he has that rare ability to get into trouble but find a way out. Only the top guys can do that.

He should get a rising star nomination this week.

We looked very good in the second quarter but again didn't get reward for effort. In periods of the third we were ok, but were dead on our feet for the last with one person on the bench. For a time in the third we had no rotations. That doesn't excuse the scoreline, but you could see how dead Viney was on his feet at the end.

Funny thing. A while back there was a thread trying to predict what our results would be for the remainder of the year. I said the Freo game would be a thrashing because they would see this as a chance to boost their percentage against a really bad side, and some muppet had a go at me for being negative when the team was improving under Craig.

I find this funny.

All there is left to say now is, are any of you still claiming that we're better off with Craig instead of Neeld? :)

theres a new beast coaching us ....Neeld Craig.. :unsure::rolleyes:

• Like 1

I find this funny.

Yes, this is trash time of our worst ever season. We can thank Neeld for that. Don't go around spruiking for medals to decorate your chest.

It sounds like you're p***ed off that your man ran our club into a ditch but somehow he's been validated because the tow truck hasn't arrived quickly enough. Get rid of that signature RM. Craig isn't the answer and MN isn't the only reason why we are where we are but anyone who reckons that his era wasn't an absolute disaster is, as wrestling journalist Scott Keith said once of those who liked the 1998 Warrior/Hogan match, a 'Goddamn crack smoking moron'.

Edited by Guest

Byrnes is a total waste of space.

He is too old and has totally lost his pace.

To think he gets a game ahead of Toumpas , Magner or Taggert.

Gawn must come in for Spencer, who couldnt take a mark to save himself today.

Byrnes has been much better than Toumpas this year, so, silly statement.

That is not hating on Jimmy becasue it's not his fault we've put him in the side, realistically Toumpas should've played VFL all year.

Magner should've played AFL ALL year, maybe he didn't lick enough shaft.

• Like 1

Nah ... we can thank Daniher. He started the rot ...

What a garbage rubbish post, whats ND win loss record, these 2 simpletons Bailey and Neeld have destroyed 158 yrs of history, this clubs virtually down the toilet.

• Like 1

OMG........... Not trying to tank are we?...............Goodbye CRAIG a relative to Neeld I think..... not much different in results !!! The Dees are great entertainers for Freo players and supporters..............How is the Melbourne

Storm going? ....... it is time to change codes. The club should really fold ...... put the supporters out of their our miseries!!!!! Totally p.ssed off to the nth degree..... Bring back Gilligan's island episodes. If the team can not

play footy,club to supply cheer leaders and free booze. I am going to get my hypnotist to erase the bad memories of the Dees.

• Like 1

Can we forfeit the last two games?

Give the players an extra couple of wks off before the preseason and CULL the list again.

Good luck to the new coach and his assistants cause he is going to need it.

• Like 2

OMG........... Not trying to tank are we?...............Goodbye CRAIG a relative to Neeld I think..... not much different in results !!! The Dees are great entertainers for Freo players and supporters..............How is the Melbourne

Storm going? ....... it is time to change codes. The club should really fold ...... put the supporters out of their our miseries!!!!! Totally p.ssed off to the nth degree..... Bring back Gilligan's island episodes. If the team can not

play footy,club to supply cheer leaders and free booze. I am going to get my hypnotist to erase the bad memories of the Dees.

Oi, chin up bud...

Not sure what all the ranting is about??

Premiership contender vs the worst list in the AFL, with no midfield.

90 odd points was expected, wasn't it?

I feel sorry for Straussy....he was beating Ballantyne.

From my perspective, it's annoying because on the day it shouldn't have been 90 points. If our players went about it with 100% intensity it would have been 30 or 40 points today. Seriously if you are watching on TV and flick channels to the other game when the MFC games are on they look they are in fast forward. Everyone running and attacking contests like, well like you'd expect from AFL footballers I guess.

The fact that historically people will mark games like today's down as acceptable in any kind of way is a big part of why our club is in the position it is currently in in my opinion.

It's starting to feel like this club is just some kind of giant pi$$ take and exist purely as a tool for everyone else to laugh at.

• Like 2

Another terrible display - we seemed to go backwards more often than forwards and our defenders had no confidence of going up the middle of the ground.

Jack Viney was so much better than his teammates it was embarrassing. Hopeful someone shows a video of his second and third efforts and maybe they will get the drift.

Jack Trengove did a good job of presenting on the wing (but you can't be damaging from there unless you can run like Stephen Hill) and Dean Kent looked dangerous on the break, but he only won it a handful of times.

Tom Mc was the pick of our defenders keeping Pav fairly quiet - his second goal came when Tom Mc was off for a bit - not sure why he went off in the first place.

Spencil tried hard but was given a hiding by Clarke, who in case you didn't know already, is a class act. We were damn lucky Sandilands went off, or the error of being one of the few clubs that don't play two rucks would have become more evident.

What was even stranger was that after a short burst up forward, Jack Watts was persisted with as a defender almost all day. Despite countless errors and the fact that Troy Davis was again out of his depth up forward, he was kept back there for the remainder of the game. Go figure!

Agree with other comments on Bleasey and his departure through injury after one of the most howling errors of all time was a sad indictment on his game. His lack of vision and selfishness may have cost himself a new contract.

Straussy (shoulder injury) can't win a trick and we still don't know if he can elevate his game to the required level.

Nathan Jones barely touched it (Crowley and De Boer nagged him all day I think). Why Matt Jones was played down back is also beyond me.

Terlich got lost on Ballantyne a few times, but at least he keep presenting and I have to say the same about Dunny. Both turned it over a bit but both weren't in our worst 10.

Davey looked good when he got on, while Byrnes (moonboot at game's end) may be finished for the season.

From my perspective, it's annoying because on the day it shouldn't have been 90 points. If our players went about it with 100% intensity it would have been 30 or 40 points today. Seriously if you are watching on TV and flick channels to the other game when the MFC games are on they look they are in fast forward. Everyone running and attacking contests like, well like you'd expect from AFL footballers I guess.

For once, I didn't think intensity was the biggest issue (Watts aside).

Our skills and decision-making is just so far off AFL standard it's no longer funny. We're undersized, we're slow, we're dumb, we're not great kicks, we had no forward line, and we were shockingly coached. I thought we tried, though.

• Like 2

The fact that historically people will mark games like today's down as acceptable in any kind of way is a big part of why our club is in the position it is currently in in my opinion.

It's starting to feel like this club is just some kind of giant [censored] take and exist purely as a tool for everyone else to laugh at.

Annoying, yes, unexpected, no.

I'm not accepting - our list is atrocious with only 5 or 6 players having an upside.

I agree with your last comment. Until we recruit players that want to compete, we're going to stay a laughing stock.

• Like 1

It's starting to feel like this club is just some kind of giant [censored] take and exist purely as a tool for everyone else to laugh at.

I think it was Clint who said when you flick to the other game that's on, it is often like you're watching a different sport, such is the difference in intensity.

I'm even getting angry at the way they meander out of the race at the start. I'm sure I read too much into it, but they look defeated before a ball has been bounced.

• Like 3

PSD has gone quiet.

I hope you enjoyed the 10 minutes of effort today. You had a go at me in the 2nd Q and i think we kicked 1 goal for the reat of the fcuking day.

Lift your expectations mate. I want to go to the football in September. These lazy prickz won't take us anywhere apart from JV Dawes & hopefully Clark.

The rest can walk.

• Like 1

PSD has gone quiet.

I hope you enjoyed the 10 minutes of effort today. You had a go at me in the 2nd Q and i think we kicked 1 goal for the reat of the fcuking day.

Lift your expectations mate. I want to go to the football in September. These lazy prickz won't take us anywhere apart from JV Dawes & hopefully Clark.

The rest can walk.

Keep Nathan Jones.

• Like 1