Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I had a look over at Bomberblitz for the first time in ages and I can't find a thread where they discuss all this. Do I need a trip to the optometrist or have they banned discussion on the topic?

I had a look over at Bomberblitz for the first time in ages and I can't find a thread where they discuss all this. Do I need a trip to the optometrist or have they banned discussion on the topic?

Didn't they previously implement some closed part to the board where you could only see the discussions if you were approved for viewing. ie No visitors allowed in for a laugh.

Sacking James Hird would be outrageous says QC

Burnside now hopping into it.

This is the last line from that story

"But the simple fact is the agreement simply prevents him from saying anything against the AFL.

Says it all for me JH cannot say anything so he uses TH and then if the EFC try and sack him he wheels in Mr. Burnside.

Hmm why do I feel angry and frustrated with this mob.

Didn't they previously implement some closed part to the board where you could only see the discussions if you were approved for viewing. ie No visitors allowed in for a laugh.

That is an interesting view of free speech.

I think that is the ostrich effect. or The three wise monkeys. or man are they deluded!

I am staggered that Mrs Hird can dump on AD for making that (alleged) warning call to Essendon at great risk to himself of criminal prosecution. With friends like her who needs enemies.

James Hird isn't the only criminal in this case..... Funny how bomber Thompson's involvement here has been push aside? Pretty sure most involved were at Geelong with him, at some point? Also the warning call from AD reeks of full blown corruption... How did the league know to call the bombers? What else does the league allow to go on at other clubs(other elite clubs)? Are AFL matches fixed? For the sole purpose of making money? We know they fix the fixture, why wouldn't they fix the matches too? It would be simple for them... Turn a blind eye to dirty rich clubs, force the hand of umpire's and pay off the smaller clubs with hand outs...easy...

I believe the only reason we even heard about this, is because someone forgot to pay off the government....

The real victims here are the supporters.... We are the ones who pay for this [censored]... We are also the ones who have allow it to happen year in year out.... Aussie Rules is our game, not AD's or the AFL's..... IT'S OURS!!

ASADA have already cleared Andrew D of telling EFC to fess up because ASADA had not told Andrew D who the club was. Game set and match. Yet we still hear the bleating from the Hird sooks. Not once have we heard them say how angry they are that the players were subjected to the nightmare program that has engulfed the EFC.

i don't really care about ASADA or AD or JH or the bombers.... But just because ASADA didn't tell AD, doesn't mean he didn't know ;)

Wow... This thread has really moved since about 20 minutes ago.... Hmmm should i put the time in to catch up, or just move on?

Edited by tatu
  • Like 1

EFC squibbed it. Just reported on SEN that Hird is safe...Booooooooooo!

Massive error, as long as he is there he will taint the image of the club.

• Like 1

1914 University

1998 Fitzroy

2015 Essendon (actually more like semi dead for a couple of years).

In some ways AD leaving now is a bit like the Catholic Church swapping Benedict for Francis, they have a huge pile of poo to clean out and need a new broom.

I also now more than ever understand why James Hird was such a brilliant player, it wasn't just the skills but the phenomenal self belief. Is becoming comparable to some of the more famous megalomaniacs of the last 100 years.

Whatever they want to do in the longer term, they couldn't do anything now just because of Ms Hird's show. Burnside is right on that.

Not surprised and wouldn't say they squibbed it

start of the season,

Fletcher breaks club games record

That should be the focus, Hird has shown how selfish he is I think the Bombers have just deferred things for a while, this matter will be dealt with in time

• Like 1

That's great !! I love James He's so nice !!

I have always believed the Golden Boy is guilty. What i do not understand is why he has attacked the AFL so viciously.

If he knew his "lawyer"wife was going to speak on the national broadcaster, why would he sanction it?

He got a cool $mill out of his club with an assured return contract. I do not agree with it, but he got it.

Why with that money banked would you not then STFU...?

The lawyer wife must be very average at her proffession.

"It just don't add up"

its odd, very odd....only adds accelerant to their own pyre

Their arrogance is blinding them to reason,

• Like 1

So what are we up to....

Episode 12 of 13 or are there still many twists left...?

there will still be blood mopping up for at least the next 2 years wyl

looking forward to the mini-series circa 2017 - "Underbelly - Dons Shoot-Up"

lol....they cant even see the way out

hilarious really....lets them die by their own hand

pity the everyday punter who follows this lot, truly delusional

• Like 1

James Hird isn't the only criminal in this case..... Funny how bomber Thompson's involvement here has been push aside? Pretty sure most involved were at Geelong with him, at some point? Also the warning call from AD reeks of full blown corruption... How did the league know to call the bombers? What else does the league allow to go on at other clubs(other elite clubs)? Are AFL matches fixed? For the sole purpose of making money? We know they fix the fixture, why wouldn't they fix the matches too? It would be simple for them... Turn a blind eye to dirty rich clubs, force the hand of umpire's and pay off the smaller clubs with hand outs...easy...

I believe the only reason we even heard about this, is because someone forgot to pay off the government....

The real victims here are the supporters.... We are the ones who pay for this [censored]... We are also the ones who have allow it to happen year in year out.... Aussie Rules is our game, not AD's or the AFL's..... IT'S OURS!! i don't really care about ASADA or AD or JH or the bombers.... But just because ASADA didn't tell AD, doesn't mean he didn't know ;)

Wow... This thread has really moved since about 20 minutes ago.... Hmmm should i put the time in to catch up, or just move on?

If ASADA told him and he told EFC, that is a criminal offence. If he assumed it was EFC and told them, not a criminal offence.

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

Hird wont at the EFC in 2015 and he is walking a fine line to being scrubbed off the EFC's record as a champion player. He has well and truly lost the public and for this to happen on the eve of EFC's season and Dustin Fletcher's record games milestone shows how selfish he is.

Re Tanya's allegations, they in no way change the EFC's supplements program while Hird was in charge.

• Like 1

cop this

at dank's sportsmen's lunch, he auctioned off an essendon jumper signed by Danks, Hird and Watson

stick that in your jumper, eh

Whoever bought it better not try to take it on a plane. The sniffer dogs will be all over it.
  • Like 1

I really don't get how this whole investigation went from; did they cheat? what did they inject? who is responsible? to whether or not AD tipped off EFC that ASADA was coming.

this whole thing needs to get back to what where the players injected with and are they going to be any long term health effects? The Hirds are only too worried about their own credibility and seem to forget the fact that this whole thing is about Essendon injecting players with suspect substances in an out of control supplements program orchestrated by one James Hird.

who gives a crap what AD or the AFL knew right before ASADA came down on Essendon. I've said it a dozen times before AD was not the one holding the needle. Essendon and the Hirds need to suck it up and cop exactly what's coming to them!

Because Hird thinks he has done nothing wrong and that they were forced by the AFL into a damaging admission. The AFL is now 'punishing' the Hirds unjustly. Its not right but thats how I think they are feeling.

And again if I recall correctly AD and AFL house had raised concerns in the year prior to the story breaking of there concern about the sports scientists taking over from the Doctors at the club and they had major concerns.

Gerard Healy said he approached the club and the AFL over rumours of drugs and the ridiculously high number of soft tissue injuries (24 I believe) that are often a sign of steroid use.