Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Are you perhaps suggesting that were he to be jailed for his involvement in this heinous breach of workplace responsibility he may not find it an altogether pleasant experience?

Maybe he will seek political assylum in France.

No, I wouldn't wish her majesty's pleasures on anyone else. not even the bum Hird

What I'd like to see hear of, would be for the AFL level competition, to give him a right Royal rogering of a sendoff from the coaching fraternity; with a Conga-line of Ex marines AFL Hardmen, to salute him on his way as he parsed them by....

Lets remember that like Carey before him, after serving his penance, he could be wel-comed back into the flock... after he's found the error in his ways deep within him self.

No-One AFL person is above the well-being of the game itself.

..... many leaders, in recent times have allowed some to wander too far off the beaten track; in the Sports Sciences, the Salary Cap structures within clubs, Recruitment, the Laws of the Game Committees, Fixturing, Fans going to games & being shepherded into areas they don't want to be, Food & drink prices

The treatment of the fans is akin to a shearing shed...

These leaders have allowed all to wander too far off line, like a Buddy set-shot.

Hird is both a prik in the backside of the competition, & also a victim of the Wins-First Mentality, Over & Above the Good of the Game & the Competition itself.

These people aren't thinking of the supporters first in these concepts, but of their own Ego's Desires first... that's why the game has run off course with the public... they are trying to screw the public for all they can get from them.

TV viewers & attendances apparently are suffering because of This treatment of treating us all for Mugs.

The Honesty we all took for granted as Australians, has been devoured by Greed. When this happens to all of Us, from within our most loved passions, its over... small case in point, the teams when readout are nothing like what you see on gameday.

goose-that-laid-2-960x1024.jpg

They are Eating their own.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

They do have some outs.

If ASADA can't make out a case to the comfortable satisfaction of the ADRVP they have an out (unless there's a successful appeal to CAS).

If ASADA proves to the comfortable satisfaction of the ADRVP they had TB4 in their system then they have another out but only if they can prove it was injected while they were unconscious and without their knowledge or consent.

Both are highly unlikely.

If anyone wants to trawl back a long way in this thread, it has all been discussed many times before.

There is no evidence of any deals or agreements about the players being absolved and if Essendon or they believed otherwise, they are/were delusional.

To the extent that there was an understanding between the AFL though David Evans about leniency towards the players through self-reporting, neither of those persons are in the positions they previously occupied and the reality is that the current Essendon leadership has burnt its bridges and is seemingly taking its club and its players down in the flames.

It's a tragedy for football that has its beginnings at some time in late 2011 when a decision was made to test the limits of sports science - a bad move that now sees a once proud and well respected club careering out of control.

if someone is forced to rob a Bank, whilst under threat of abductors holding their family at gunpoint. isn't that pressure understandable?

Thanks everyone for their input. There certainly seems to be more consideration of this matter on this thread than anything I have seen in the media and certainly more than presented by the EFC.

I do not profess to understand the many intricacies of the case as I have not read the legislation and would not try and predict an outcome, but I certainly think there is a greater implication in this case than merely the EFC.

I have seen that many have touched on these external matters and think that ultimately there will be some whitewash.

As when MFC was identified as the example of tanking for list management practice that was endemic in the sport EFC has been identified as the drug takers.

The profession of innocence and the confrontation of EFC is the opposite of the submissive approach MFC adopted.

It would seem the EFC has not helped its defence by not having any records

It seems incredible that an organisations which used its influential coach and reputable doctor to entice/encourage gullible players to have intensive treatment can now say that the body pursuing its legislated role is bullying those players.

Why WorkCare hasnt entered the fray may be because they are waiting the protracted and intensive examinations that are occuring or it may be that this issue is not one too big to fail but rather too big to succeed.

Players taking substances is probably accepted at every level. The legality of the processes and the substances probably depends on the capacity of the player to pay.

EFC may only be the latest taking/using the latest in an isolated sport that thought it was beyond the oversight of international agencies.

The arrogance of AFL and EFC is on show and may /should lead to a more severe penalty than anything applied to the MFC who complied with its scapegoating and has suffered.

Perhaps the entire local sports arena is riddled with dangerous practices and only the scrutiny of prolonged and exhaustive examination will purge these practices and their practitioners for the betterment of long term physical condition.

I can only feel sympathy for the athletes involved in programs where stimulants or alternative practices place their long term welfare at risk, I guess that is the other side of them accepting such exorbitant payment for the duration of their brief physical output.

Sorry for this ramble but as I opened this is the result of the many comments I have read on this stimulating and informative thread I hope I have not done it an injustice. I continue to watch and appreciate the comments of everyone while not knowing who to agree or disagree with.

• Like 2

I heard ed talk about robbo's article. Played the phone call again. Wow if that was a phony call then what a performance. That call sounded raw emotional and a mum who has no idea what long term implications her son could face.

Of course the mum isnt going to say who she was. Imagine what the player would cop and the spotlight it would put on her.

Your a fool robbo. Take your essendon glasses off.

• Like 1

Isn't using an unapproved drug also an offence in itself under WADA?

Yes. But it appears, embarrassingly ASADA gave them the wrong advice. Which just tells me their only concern at Essendon was if it was on some list of prohibited drugs not how safe it was to give to their players. Shameful.

Yes. But it appears, embarrassingly ASADA gave them the wrong advice. Which just tells me their only concern at Essendon was if it was on some list of prohibited drugs not how safe it was to give to their players. Shameful.

My understanding is it wasnt ASADA at all. It was Dank claiming he was told by ASADA .

I could be wrong but thats my reading on it.

I think most reasonable people would consider the desired outcome to be one that involves uncovering the truth and achieving a result based on an application of the rules established by the anti-doping code.

That's what happens the world around and I don't think athletes in this country should be treated differently to those of any other part of the world whose sporting bodies subscribe to the code.

It's that simple.

• Like 3

i think asada was concerned that the acc gave out a misleading (and incomplete) statement on aod which could have been interptreted as saying that aod was not banned

by the time this was clarified by asada some time had elapsed

I think most reasonable people would consider the desired outcome to be one that involves uncovering the truth and achieving a result based on an application of the rules established by the anti-doping code.

That's what happens the world around and I don't think athletes in this country should be treated differently to those of any other part of the world whose sporting bodies subscribe to the code.

It's that simple.

So if the simple truth is a collective of players , by design , ignorance , or other followed like lambs a narcissistic conniver's despicable attempt at human experimentation for the benefit of cheating and in doing so contravened guidelines which are publicly available let alone given instruction to whence a player joins the elite at AFL ?

Should they not be punished in the manner prescribed as should all and sundry at the club responsible ? I do

• Like 1

So if the simple truth is a collective of players , by design , ignorance , or other followed like lambs a narcissistic conniver's despicable attempt at human experimentation for the benefit of cheating and in doing so contravened guidelines which are publicly available let alone given instruction to whence a player joins the elite at AFL ?

Should they not be punished in the manner prescribed as should all and sundry at the club responsible ? I do

Yes.

• Like 3

It's legit.

Stephen Dank questioned by police over allegedly stolen peptides

I bet old chip "i love essendon and jaques tird" le grand enjoyed writing that one

The Purana task force is investigating allegations by compounding pharmacist Nima Alavi that Mr Dank stole peptides intended for a patient.

Victoria Police and Medicare investigators are also examining evidence provided by a South Yarra anti-ageing doctor, Robin Willcourt, alleging that Mr Dank forged his signature on more than 40 requests for expensive blood tests.

Yes - I have stated that I have sympathy for the players as I feel they have been duped. But I am pleased that there is different scales of punishment for an athlete who unknowingly took substances as opposed to a deliberate and knowing offender. As to the administrators and coaches - no punishment is severe enough in my opinion.

"questioned by police" is what's being reported. Doesn't necessarily mean he was arrested. Or that he'll be charged, either.

A police spokeswoman confirmed Purana task force detectives arrested a 50-year-old Ascot Vale man at 7.30am this morning for alleged theft-related offences.

if someone is forced to rob a Bank, whilst under threat of abductors holding their family at gunpoint. isn't that pressure understandable?

Possibly, but what is the relevance of that to this sorry saga of cheating and deceit ??

i think asada was concerned that the acc gave out a misleading (and incomplete) statement on aod which could have been interptreted as saying that aod was not banned

by the time this was clarified by asada some time had elapsed

My understanding, possibly incorrect, is that all this ACC involvement was well after the event though. They had been given whatever they had been given long before ACC appeared on the scene.

Most eloquently put, sir.

Good god this just keeps getting worse.

No...not worse... just found :rolleyes:

I just read robbo's article on the essendon players mother who rang up triple m. This is probably the worst written piece of garbage I have ever read. Robbo strongly hints that she is a fake and the afl might be behind it as public support dropped for the bombers after that interview. This article isn't even big footy worthy. It only make sense if hird had written this article himself. I don't mind robbo but on any essendon matter he should excuse himself as his bias cannot be contained.

I might use it with my students as an example of how not to write persuasively. Abysmal journalism.

• Like 5

I might use it with my students as an example of how not to write persuasively. Abysmal journalism.

amen

What we really need is a Jack Bauer type cop to arrest Dank and interrogate a confession out of him. Metal nipple pegs and a cow taser should do the trick!

Fox could even televise it after 24 in a blockbuster double header, such is their moral depravity!

Looking even worse for Hird in light of new information on Danks. His due diligence didn't exist. The AFL should immediately stop his French junket and payments and give him a lifetime ban from involvement in football. He put his players health in the hands of a very dodgy character.