Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

The truth will have to come out one day, watch the records of what was taken "magically" appear if any of the above circumstances unfortunately happen.

This whole drug thing will never go away, it will dog that club for decades. I did take joy in all of this but can't anymore now that innocent children's health could be in jeopardy, pretty sad!

I went to school with kids whose Mums had taken Thalidamyde back in the early 60's.

The court cases for that tragedy still happen today....

Bombers: "But it wasn't our fault: it was the manufacturers"!

• Like 1

From The Age.

Paddy Ryder's manager has confirmed that the star ruckman could retire from the AFL should he not get his wish and switch from Essendon to Port Adelaide.

In the latest blow for the Bombers during a tumultuous AFL trade period, Paul Connors said there was no chance the athletic big man could stay at Essendon amid the fall-out from the supplements scandal.

"No, that's the issue here - he's not going back to Essendon at all," Connors told 3AW on Friday.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/paddy-ryder-could-be-forced-into-retirement-says-his-manager-20141010-114byk.html#ixzz3FiPzrtIi

From The Age.

Paddy Ryder's manager has confirmed that the star ruckman could retire from the AFL should he not get his wish and switch from Essendon to Port Adelaide.

In the latest blow for the Bombers during a tumultuous AFL trade period, Paul Connors said there was no chance the athletic big man could stay at Essendon amid the fall-out from the supplements scandal.

"No, that's the issue here - he's not going back to Essendon at all," Connors told 3AW on Friday.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/paddy-ryder-could-be-forced-into-retirement-says-his-manager-20141010-114byk.html#ixzz3FiPzrtIi

He could retire and live off the massive compensation payment he clearly about to get from MesseyDrugs.

Is this Club really that stupid, wait I take that back as they clearly are.

Message to Loophole Little and all his mates. Your Club is not in control of Ryder or his trade and your Club is now the most toxic AFL club.

NO ONE wants to play for MesseyDrugs (excludes all the Hird Believers)

• Like 1

so apparently winderlich will stay at essendon. My god that guy cannot make his mind up. First he retires, then says he will play on, then wants a trade to richmond or he will retire now will probably stay at essendon. Wither he is very confused or he cant say no to the golden boy.

so apparently winderlich will stay at essendon. My god that guy cannot make his mind up. First he retires, then says he will play on, then wants a trade to richmond or he will retire now will probably stay at essendon. Wither he is very confused or he cant say no to the golden boy.

He's under a spell....

He's under a spell....

110413-James-Hird.jpg

What can I say the guy has a man crush on me!

Winderlich has failed step 3 of Getting Away.

Be immune to the sociopath's charms.

How to Spot a Sociopath

As requested I have copy and pasted this post over to this thread. As requested I'll provide a write up on my take of the Thymosin beta 4 over the coming week. :)

Originally posted here: http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37454-afl-involved-in-port-adelaideessendon-draft-rort/page-7

------

As I made it clear on here a couple times, I am a Biochemist. I have spent years and years working in a lab and going through the scientific literature, although my work and field revolves around cancer or more specifically the processes and mechanisms of cancer invasion. So when the names of the agents or peptides were released the first thing I did was look them up on the appropriate databases where they would have been originally published in peer reviewed journals (PubMed, Web of Science, etc.) - Not Google which cites websites created by the likes of you and I.

So with regards to my scientific background it's actually quite easy for me to read the scientific literature (on new or different drugs) and incorporate or adapt my broad understanding of the molecular signalling pathways (of a cell) that contribute to a range of physiological functions within the body (e.g. muscular hypertrophy and lipolysis).

Now aside from the concepts of "cheating" or "lack of governance" - for what the Essenond football club has been punished for, what has concerned me far more is the simple fact that very little is known about the long term effects of these drugs. The drugs injected have been poorly characterized and like that of AOD-9604 potentially carcinogenic. For example the peptide (a small sequence of amino acids - the natural building blocks of proteins) AOD-9604 was designed to mimic the active site of the Human Growth Hormone (HGH) that has been scientifically supported on numerous occasions to increase the risks of cancer with those that use it in an overexpressed fashion (like that of gym junkies, not necessarily those with a deficiency).

(NOTE: Active site = part that interacts with the receptor, in this case the cellular growth factor receptor (GFR) that initiates an internal (cellular) signalling cascade)

Originally the general design concept behind AOD-9604 was to develop a form of the HGH with fewer side effects by essentially removing the overall protein and other protein-protein interactive sites to only leave the region that performs it's main function - the "active site", this could potentially be a welcome addition for those requiring HGH supplementation due to a deficiency. However, the links to the HGH and cancer are most likely due to the overexpression of the downstream GFR pathways - not the additional regulatory regions of the protein, so there is probably a similar trend with AOD-9604. Although "probably" is just as much the problem, the fact is we don't know enough about the long term side effects of it, and Essendon chose to inject the players whilst going against the opinions of the club doctor and other medicos (those most highly qualified) potentially putting the players long term health at risk. Whether ASADA sent an email confirming or denying it on the band substances list is beside the point, alternatively Mark "Bomber" Thompson's claims that it doesn't cause cancer is a blatant lie, he has no clue.

Now lets get onto the injection of pig brain lysate the alleged biochemist Dank stated he used on the players. First things first it's from a pig, in no way will this give any form of performance enhancement, it will only increase the bodies natural immune response to generate antibodies as it's from a foreign organism (pig/ porcine) and again place the players at risk of developing long term health issues like prion disease (e.g. mad cows disease and kuru) as it's raw brain extract. Secondly to that this tells me Dank is and never was a biochemist like myself or my colleges, even the earliest of biochemists (honours students) would learn and pick up on something like this quite quickly within their starting careers. At the very most I can presume Dank has himself a degree in Science where he majored in Biochemistry - most likely graduating with D's, he has then gone to the Essendon football club, gained authority and injected the players with a number of poorly characterized and hazardous substances. This is the equivalent of getting a kid out of high school having done year 12 wood work and putting him on a building site as the foreman.

So there again is that lack of governance that Essendon has been punished for but what's worse is the lack of duty of care and long term well being of the players health that no the club has not been properly punished for.

So it is my opinion that Paddy Ryder and any other player at the club can exercise their right to terminate their contract with the Essendon football club as they did not maintain their duty of care by placing the players long term health at risk, this must occur in every workplace across the country. Essendon should consider itself lucky that they are getting any form of trade as he can simply walk out, become a free agent and Essendon would be powerless to gain any form of compensation.

• Like 12

I am at a loss as to why players are not exercising their rights to leave and leaving Ess high and dry. Even Ryder who wants to leave seems to be soft peddling it by having port look for a trade. The unkowns are too great and the lack of care the club continues to display is astounding.

• Like 1

Great post ignition.

Cards, I think the players have swallowed what the bombers have been pushing hook line and sinker. Apparently they didnt even know that ASADA could have just reissued notices even if they had lost that court case.

Ive no idea how essendon has managed to keep them in this bubble where there is no understanding of what happened to them, but im sure when it pops there will be hell to pay.

Ryder is the only one who has said anything along the lines of losing trust in the club

Great post ignition.

Cards, I think the players have swallowed what the bombers have been pushing hook line and sinker. Apparently they didnt even know that ASADA could have just reissued notices even if they had lost that court case.

Ive no idea how essendon has managed to keep them in this bubble where there is no understanding of what happened to them, but im sure when it pops there will be hell to pay.

Ryder is the only one who has said anything along the lines of losing trust in the club

That struck me at the time (just after the court case) as indicating the players were in a very thick bubble. But now I find it absolutely incredible that they could be so insulated from the real world that I don't know what to think.

• Like 1

The ASADA saga is entering Bizarroworld as Hird continues his hopeless battle alone in the Federal Court and the players are seeking closure ~ ASADA to reissue new show cause notices to 34 current and former Essendon players this week

That Based on what is currently known, players will argue they are not guilty because they do not believe they were injected with Thymosin beta 4.

If the tribunal finds against them, their lawyers would then argue for the no significant fault provisions in the AFLs anti-doping code to be brought into play.

It may well be the case that the lawyers will push the significant no fault provisions but it's a risky proposition at best because there are strong arguments to suggest that the players were partly at fault in accepting a drugs regime involving thousands of injections when signing onto it (remember the "waiver" notices).

Moreover, the players will surely also miss out on any discounts for co-operation if they argue in the tribunal they are not guilty, lose and then try to cut a deal.

Their best chance is to cut the deal ASAP if one is still on the table or available, hope that it's fairly lenient and that WADA also looks away as it did with the NRL (and the differences have already been pointed out).

The other hope is for some form of political intervention which is always a possibility but unlikely even with scenes like this from earlier in the season.

Gillon+McLachlan+AFL+Rd+11+Essendon*+v+R

• Like 2

The ASADA saga is entering Bizarroworld as Hird continues his hopeless battle alone in the Federal Court and the players are seeking closure ~ ASADA to reissue new show cause notices to 34 current and former Essendon players this week

It may well be the case that the lawyers will push the significant no fault provisions but it's a risky proposition at best because there are strong arguments to suggest that the players were partly at fault in accepting a drugs regime involving thousands of injections when signing onto it (remember the "waiver" notices).

Moreover, the players will surely also miss out on any discounts for co-operation if they argue in the tribunal they are not guilty, lose and then try to cut a deal.

Their best chance is to cut the deal ASAP if one is still on the table or available, hope that it's fairly lenient and that WADA also looks away as it did with the NRL (and the differences have already been pointed out).

The other hope is for some form of political intervention which is always a possibility but unlikely even with scenes like this from earlier in the season.

Reminds me of when, after the Fed court hearing Little talked about going to the pollies to find a way to make it 'all go away' and ended up with much egg on face!

WADA was relatively gentle against pollies in NRL commentary. I hope WADA would go ballistic if pollies interfered again. This would have to be a hot potato for Abbott (and Costello)!

So it is my opinion that Paddy Ryder and any other player at the club can exercise their right to terminate their contract with the Essendon football club as they did not maintain their duty of care by placing the players long term health at risk, this must occur in every workplace across the country. Essendon should consider itself lucky that they are getting any form of trade as he can simply walk out, become a free agent and Essendon would be powerless to gain any form of compensation.

Too true and what annoys me about Essendon is that it is insisting on better than pick 17 for Ryder. I don't believe he would be worth much more than that at the best of times and certainly not if he has infraction notices hanging over his head.

• Like 1

Essendon are desperate (also delusional) but they are trying it on as they know the tide has turned.

They are just seeing what they can get.

They'll need it.

But which one is Gollum?

• Like 1