• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Soulless club

Choko

The oldest club in the world embarrassed by the newest.

Not much to respect about the club now, so all we have to keep us proud of our club is our history.

Go to the History tab on the Melbournefc website.

Have a look at what it doesn't have. Not a paragraph about our heritage and history. Just a weird and out of context list that has Mitch Clisby on it.

Says it all in my book.

• Like 3

Stop looking to the past and live in the present. Surely you've learnt that from the Schwab debacle? PJ has come in and said enough of that rubbish. Have respect for the past, but we have to move forward.

Not much to respect about the club now, so all we have to keep us proud of our club is our history.

Have a look at what it doesn't have. Not a paragraph about our heritage and history. Just a weird and out of context list that has Mitch Clisby on it.

Says it all in my book.

Rightio Cam Schwab
  • Like 2

I would say that of the myriad problems plauging this club, the history section or lack of it is the least pressing.

I look forward to next year's pre-match entertainment before round 1 being a ceremonial burning of the blazers as well as an elephant parade to march all over the bugler's bugle.

We can only go forward from this point! Who ever isn't on the same page should leave the club and stop the rotting

We need a Joel Corey, James Kelly type, big bodied mid fielders to help Jones.

I agree with posters about Sewell for next year, he'd be good, but not at the cost of any picks, not for a bloke that age.

It will take an exceptional deal for us to part with any of our first 3 picks, we aren't a charity case.

I don't mind the idea of bringing Simon Black in as a mid field or assistant coach and actually play him aswell, then our players can learn first hand what it takes.

Plus, Black isn't done, he'd have another year, the bloke is a gun.

Stop looking to the past and live in the present. Surely you've learnt that from the Schwab debacle? PJ has come in and said enough of that rubbish. Have respect for the past, but we have to move forward.

I lot of people are leaving there trust in PJ, there kidding themselves because no one can fix this mess, everyone's talking about landing big fish at the end of the season and that's laughable, do you think Taylor Adams will want to play for us next season, this clubs screwed, lets see how PJ goes replacing Opel, I'm use to the failure these days but I think a lot of our younger supporters are in for a major shock because there's no way PJ can turn this debacle around with a paltry 3 million dollars, this clubs finished.
  • Like 1

If you don't know where you've been, you don't know where you're going.

It's not about living in the past. It's not even about copying the past. It's not about the need to forge a new future.

It's about pride, heritage and ultimately, it's about who we are. We are the oldest organised sporting club in the world, and we don't even have our website telling people who we are, and where we come from.

• Like 10

If you don't know where you've been, you don't know where you're going.

It's not about living in the past. It's not even about copying the past. It's not about the need to forge a new future.

It's about pride, heritage and ultimately, it's about who we are. We are the oldest organised sporting club in the world, and we don't even have our website telling people who we are, and where we come from.

Great post.

Should anyone be surprised that the MFC team remains continues to loss games in 2013?

IMO it a matter of playing out the rest of the season and start the player building at seasons end.

I lot of people are leaving there trust in PJ, there kidding themselves because no one can fix this mess, everyone's talking about landing big fish at the end of the season and that's laughable, do you think Taylor Adams will want to play for us next season, this clubs screwed, lets see how PJ goes replacing Opel, I'm use to the failure these days but I think a lot of our younger supporters are in for a major shock because there's no way PJ can turn this debacle around with a paltry 3 million dollars, this clubs finished.

Thank you for waving the white flag, we know your view, you are also not alone in that view. I understand why you and others feel like that. I feel sick about our plight, but I won't quit and I expect my club not to either.

I would prefer to dig in for the fight and a tough one it will be.

Every year there is a club at the bottom of the ladder, that is pathetic and is an easybeat. The last couple of years that is us. I am ignoring GWS because they clearly will rise with more games experience.

Our task is huge, but not impossible. I have invested 55 years in this club and I am not prepared to have it be for nothing.

We have a good CEO.

I believe we are about to appoint a good Footy Manager at season's end.

I hope we appoint a good Coach.

We have a new recruiting Manager about to have his first go for us at this year's draft.

We are now looking strongly at development of players, rather than simply drafting them.

We have a major ally in the AFL. In the short term they can help with finance, sponsorship and draft assistance.

We need to be ruthless with our list.

We hopefully have Clark back next year and a fit Dawes. Jesse will also play.

We need to draft well and will have the chance to get a couple of the best young mids.

We MIGHT be able to trade in a couple of experienced mids.

If we put a top pick up or someone like Watts we might be able to get some more experienced mids in.

If we cherrypick like the Tigers did for needs, there are players out there not getting a run at their clubs, who may add experience and hardness. I am not saying we get these guys necessarily, but players like Bell, Laidler and Duigan at Carlton are not being played and will leave and are hungry. Sewell may be on the outer at Hawthorn, especially as Cooney is being mentioned and even Martin to go to Hawthorn if Buddy leaves.

A new coach can develop a new culture if there is significant change in the list.

Adding 5-6 good mids and quick skillful players can change our list substantially. Over a year or two these players could completely change our game.

Players like Viney, Toumpas, Fitzy, Clisby, Terlich, Blease, Gawn, Kent, Taggert, Tynan and McDonald etc can improve.

Most agree our backs, forwards and rucks will be ok.

We are pathetic in the midfield and couple that with a lack of disposal skill and pace and knowledge of a simple game plan, explains our current state on the field.

We saw Port being beaten by GWS, have no money and being called the Melbourne of last year. Look at them now. It can be done.

I agree it will not be easy to entice stars to our club, in fact it will be probably be impossible at the moment. However do we need stars now, or players with talent and hunger who are prepared to do whatever it takes, not in the Bombers' way, to forge successful AFL careers. Those players are out there, we just have to find them. I think of Barlow and even our Matt Jones from the VFL. What about other clubs in the AFL and the other clubs around the country. There are players who have been overlooked or are not getting a game, we must identify a few and get them.They are the sort of players who would come to us. They could provide the hard bodies, skill and experience that we need for the next period to get us competitive and back in the game again.

I could go on, but I have made my point.

WE ARE NOT FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 13

look to the past to enjoy its celebrations of good times, & to learn from its failings. we haven't done this.

LOOK, at the MCG when their are no games on... what do you see? how does it feel,,, with no people, & no games, & no players?

... this IS our Home ground... but its empty, SoulLess... its the home of no one, but the MCC.

we do Not have a home, & this is our biggest failing.

.... It's killing us, by a thousand cuts.

Should anyone be surprised that the MFC team remains continues to loss games in 2013?

IMO it a matter of playing out the rest of the season and start the player building at seasons end.

Seems "there's always next year" mindset has been ingrained in this club since 2007

Seems "there's always next year" mindset has been ingrained in this club since 2007

True, but wht can we do other then what been done;

Replacing Senor Coach, many Board members etc.

Replaced President and CEO.

A number of players will never play AFL football again.

I just cant see what more the Club can do until its able to replace some of its underperforming players.

Thanks for that mjt. So then we will not be hearing from you anymore? After all, why should you bother (us)?

• Like 3

I'm more optimistic. I think our list is in better shape - meaning it has much more potential - than at the time Bailey left. I'm convinced a properly functioning midfield will make all the difference. And that's the easiest part of a list to put together.

The players have had no continuity in coaching. There have been 6 senior coaches (3 permanent, 3 temporary) in the last 7 years. It must be hard to be a player in that sort of dynamic.

• Like 1

I'm more optimistic. I think our list is in better shape - meaning it has much more potential - than at the time Bailey left. I'm convinced a properly functioning midfield will make all the difference. And that's the easiest part of a list to put together.

The players have had no continuity in coaching. There have been 6 senior coaches (3 permanent, 3 temporary) in the last 7 years. It must be hard to be a player in that sort of dynamic.

Agreed and whilst like everyone else I am frustrated, I think our list is much better than when Bailey left...

We need to use pick 1 to get a gun midfielder, to be a gun side, Jones needs to be our second best midfielder.

Pick 1 should get up an elite mid.

I hope we get it and float it up.

I wouldn't give up pick 1 for Luke Parker, but I'd give up something for him.

Big bodied midfielder who isn't getting a full game in the guts at Sydney and with Mitchell developing, it's unlikely Parker will get a full game next year in there.

Sydney and Collingwood are the two sides we can raid.

We have to put pressure on the better clubs and perhaps pay overs to get these players, because lets face it, our players don't deserve top dollar anyway.

We can only go forward from this point! Who ever isn't on the same page should leave the club and stop the rotting

Grimes needs to call Watts out at training and asks if he intends to go to Carlton. If so take the jumper off.

• Like 1

And you have the balls to question my support!!

Your attitude is to run away to Tasmania which is a certain Death for the club...Our Home is Melbourne at the MCG

Let the CEO appoint the Football Manager we need......Then the Coaches will line up..

P.J. will not do this alone, but he is there to get the system rolling.

Says it all in my book.

Says it all in my book.

I just had a look at that list. What it tells me is that our ability to recruit ordinary footballers has a very long history. It seems to go back to the early 1970s. There were a couple of eras which were blips on the graph. The mid to late 80s was ok. Again in the mid to late 90s there were a few good choices. Otherwise we must have looked at who was available and chosen the ones who were flawed or at best, speculative. This is meant as no disrespect to those players as people. It wasn't their fault that they weren't blessed with football ability. It just appears that we have a long history of poor recruiting. - Depressing! It points to the importance of engaging the very best recruiters and list manager that we can.

(Note to self - I must stop bashing myself up by reading this site. The nightmare just keeps on going. They say "the darkest hour is just before the dawn", but it just seems to get darker.....Yeesh!)

Edited by btdemon
  • Like 1

We would be such a better team with Clark out there. Can you imagine if HFC lost Buddy for 1.5 seasons? For a short time he was so potent, such a focal point, and commanded the ball.

The players are at rock bottom mentally. Between Neeld's mismanagement, constant off-field turmoil, media diarrhoea and the colossal failure that is the current training program, they are not going to magically pull the club out of this mess. Sorry, they won't. It has to come from the top down. Because the top has failed in every way possible since 2008.

• Like 1