POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Does the MFC have another 20 players it can use?

It seems the current main player group has few fundamental issues to over come before they will play reasonable football.

May be the Club's not paying them enough?

Does the MFC have another 20 players it can use?

It seems the current main player group has few fundamental issues to over come before they will play reasonable football.

May be the Club's not paying them enough?

Nah, a lot of them just aren't much chop.

We have wasted a lot of quality draft picks on outsides in recent times.

That robbed us of a big window to get in some quality.

We have had a gap of outside, soft spuds and hopefully now Todd is in charge we can turn that around.

Jack Viney is a start, Terlich and Matt Jones, they are a start, Clisby looks a good prospect.

MFC will be ok, we just have to start drafting the right players, players who are go-getters like Ollie Wines.

If you look through the draft years and look at the players we could've chose instead of Morton, Cook, Gysbert and Strauss, you'll see why we are here.

I dont care who we trade or keep anymore, i have made a decision to detach myself from any player.

I only want long term on field success, new coach can trade anyone he likes,to build the team he needs to get the job done.

its how Ive been for years.

A month ago we beat the Doggies and then went down to the Swans by 31 points. True we've been poor the past couple of weeks and yesterday was horrible (but we had 2 scoring shots less than GWS and we have injuries to key players. The commentators on the Bulldogs v Swans game were waxing lyrical with praise from the Dogs today after they lost to the Swans by 35 points with a full side, many of who are aging players. Interesting.

A month ago we beat the Doggies and then went down to the Swans by 31 points. True we've been poor the past couple of weeks and yesterday was horrible (but we had 2 scoring shots less than GWS and we have injuries to key players. The commentators on the Bulldogs v Swans game were waxing lyrical with praise from the Dogs today after they lost to the Swans by 35 points with a full side, many of who are aging players. Interesting.

Not really, they deserved the plaudits. One thing they have over Melbourne is they will fight tooth and nail no matter what the circumstance, and they were super impressive for three quarters today, just got ran over in the last. The final margin wasn't a fair indication of how even the game was for three quarters. IMO they played close to their best footy of the year today, and their appetite for the contest and slickness of ball movement is something I haven't seen from a Demons side in a long time. They do have some aging stars but they also have some young blood on the verge of stardom.

Don't turn this into a "poor old Melbourne" thing. This club has miles to go before it earns respect from anyone.

• Like 1

Was talking to one of the current dees players last night, a few points I thought I would share:

Thinks Gawn will be a gun, Spencer will be ok to.

Hogan better than Clark & Dawes already, beats Frawley at training.

Frawley absolute gun, just about best fb in comp

Jamar finished

Pederson 3 yr deal @ $330k per yr, no one likes him & was same at Nth

Rates Terlich & Clisby highly

Unsure Blease will make it

N.Jones by far the hardest trainer at club

Loves Neil Craig

Watts is a great bloke, laconic at training though.

I asked him who will coach next yr, without hesitation said Roos

Shattered about the loss to GWS

Thinks if we get some more good mids in can be ok next yr.

Thought I would share.

Enjoy.

• Like 7

Was talking to one of the current dees players last night, a few points I thought I would share:

Jamar finished

Loves Neil Craig

Thought I would share.

Enjoy.

Go on, give us a name. :)

• Like 1

Jamar finished

Loves Neil Craig

Thought I would share.

Enjoy.

Whatever player it was i wouldn't want him to be MY mate, i'd be constantly checking my back for knives.

Jamar finished

Loves Neil Craig

Thought I would share.

Enjoy.

Col Garland is my bet.

• Like 1

Jamar finished

Loves Neil Craig

Thought I would share.

Enjoy.

Why would a player know what another player is on? Are they also doing a traineeship in payroll/finance at the MFC for post career aspirations?

Edited by boydie

Years or drafting skinny vanilla kids instead of a few mongrel dogs like Darling, sloane, wines, martin.... Too many pretty boys with private school education who expect it all to land at their feet after being drafted. F**k you Melbourne... Let our best 5 players go to good clubs at years end... Do them a favour!

ToO many not hard enough. Agree. Nothing to do with private school though. Walk up to the Scott twins and tell them they're soft or Chris Langford or judd or the young libba. All private school boys. Pea hearts come from all sorts of backgrounds

Why would a player know what another player is on? Are they also doing a traineeship in payroll/finance at the MFC for post career aspirations?

They always say they don't discuss it but of course they have some inclination. I presume the guys get issued pay slips just like the rest of us. Plus some would share managers etc.

Unfortunately Pedersen represents a horrible bargaining point for the football club. About 20 of our players will now be asking where their 3 year and 330k deal is.

I just viewed the replay this morning (GWS) put my emotions to one side having decided to leave it for the day after.
2 teams on about par with talent and form. (to honest, IF we played at our peak we have them covered, or should have, ( with a few injuires no Frawley or Clark two we need playing and firing), we still should have won.
Then I factored in our last few weeks, Geelong (in the wet) then Darwin, back to Melb, then to the Gold Coast.
Thats a pretty tough ask for any team let alone a young team playing without any self believe,(and a lack of onballers (run))
I also fail to see any benefit training in up north,apart from a break away from the normal routine.
Some points to take into account, some want to slash 3/4 off the list, or wipe it totally and start again. It wont help.
Perhaps 6 - 8 senior players off the list next year, and keep turning them over.
I am not about to analyse every player and write up a report on each . Some of the standouts for me that have to eradicated next year.
2nd and 3rd efforts are lacking, too many players stand off after they have made a contest, they then stand back and ball watch,nowhere near an opposition opponent,thus leaving one or two of their players free space to break. I'm not sure if they think I'll just done my bit I need a breather.So I'll have a spell and let someone else have a go. *Watts does this and has a lot of mates*
You get your breather when the ball has cleared the area, then you man up. you dont just stand there alone.
Right there is a lack of putting pressure on. A player should not have to be told to man up when the ball is in dispute or when we havent got it.Thats just lazy dumb football, We know our fitness isnt up to srcatch, but the lack of effort at times is appalling. Back to the draw. perhaps because of our last few games, its taken a toll during this game?. (an excuse).We do run, we run to chase when its too late. We rarely run to create options,its left to one or two.Its been this way for the last 10 yrs, we refuse to man up,stand toe to toe and leave it for someone else.
I rarely seen any attempt to shield a player who just received a handball, to relieve pressure and give him an extra second or two to dispose the ball.Therefore most times they are rushed into giving off the ball and not to someone running or a chance to nail a pass up the field. They put more pressure on themselves by not blocking, they just expect it to work out in their favour.
Its not rocket science, win the ball, give it to someone in a better position, then shepard protect the player, then run off to back him up. if that doesnt work outman up. The idea of a handball is to create space and run. then its a weapon. Firing off in panic never works.
Where's the solid bump to put off a chasing opponent,and give our player more space? Again, no thinking or consideration. they'll give off a handball then run ahead, in the meantime, the player we gave it too, has just been pressured into making a mistake.so him running ahead is a waste of effort.Then he stops, turns around only to see the opposition clear the ball. They are pre-emptiving something that didnt work out.We continuously get caught out on a turnover. Then the backline is under the pump.
Jones is by far our best player, but even he,makes stupid descisions at times, gives off a handball to a player flatfooted or surrounded by opposition,rather than thump it long. (I'll cut him some slack,we need 20 more of him).Toumpas was a perfect example of forward thinking (inexperienced) the 2nd qtr he took off bounced 3 times, then run himself into a deadend got tackled and undid all his good work. He should have handballed to a player running near him, he was in the clear. He will learn from that I hope. It should have been a one two, after drawing an opponent ,or he handballed, to the other player , then has a chance to pass to a leading foward.
All this adds up to we dont think ahead, compounded by down on confidence, fumbling,wrong options,and add in the Neeld factor, now not sure where to run too, what to do, I thought the endenvour was there for most part, off the ball work ethic is woeful.
Another tough pre-season coming up, more running, we need speed off the mark, and work work work on skills.
A few players yesterday didnt give enough effort, yes Col, looking at you (again) always the onlooker or receiver, you really needed to be throwing your weight around in the packs to make space. then run off to create an option. Got nothing from an experienced player.Howe was another I expect more from, didnt do enough. All players put in for 10 mins then go missing. With a couple of exceptions.If they all have the same determination as Jones, we wouldnt be where we are,
All the above are little things that can be worked on and improved. Its a mind set for some, others try but they need to have a good look at themselves If they play as a team and do the team things we can win some games. But if we continue this crap with this list not improving,Its a long long road. The new coach has a bit of work ahead of him.

You won't get back the seven minutes it took you to write that. Best you go off and do something worthwhile.

Jamar finished

Loves Neil Craig

Thought I would share.

Enjoy.

interesting if correct.

Jamar finished

Loves Neil Craig

Thought I would share.

Enjoy.

And to think another thread just got closed due to it being a rumour....

And to think another thread just got closed due to it being a rumour....

Why you are still with us I will never know.

Your malevolent, beige style must have saved you.

Edited by Biffen

You have got to be kidding Stuie. There is a difference between harmless speculation and the malicious rumour mongering you were engaged in about Col. You're lucky to still be posting IMO.

How was it malicious? And how is spreading a rumour that everyone hates Pedersen not malicious? Or that Jamar's career is over?

Oh I see, a big group of rumours from an anonymous player is ok, just not a single rumour... I get the difference now.

Edited by stuie

How was it malicious? And how is spreading a rumour that everyone hates Pedersen not malicious? Or that Jamar's career is over?

Oh I see, a big group of rumours from an anonymous player is ok, just not a single rumour... I get the difference now.

FMD Stuie. Just ask yourself ( or ask them if you can't work it out ) why the Mods closed the other thread.

Just because the other kids did it doesn't make it right for a morally indignant prig like you to do it.

The concept of playing the ball and not the man seems as foreign a concept to you as it is to the players.

Most here manage not to turn the anger and bitterness onto our fellow supporters, yet you are consistently unable to do so. You are not better than anyone here, get that through your damn head.

yeah I am better than some. You know why? I don't post garbage

if somebody makes a comment about a group I am a part of that's an insult to me

if that insult is also complete rubbish then yeah you're gonna hear about it from me

too many years of mindless drivel on this board, i'm not apologising for calling people out on it

edit: having read the rest of the thread there are about 10 people who have taken exception to the oroginal private school comment. Yet you have a go at me for saying something about it, what am i supposed to say nothing to anybody ever cos its 'playing the man'? some ppl are just unbelievable

Edited by Curry & Beer

You won't get back the seven minutes it took you to write that. Best you go off and do something worthwhile.

Happy you took the time to read it. I wont get the 2 hrs yesterday or any of the other crap that has been dished up, this year and past.

If went it over your head whats wrong, more than happy to explain what else is wrong with this club. Cant solve blindness , you are on your alone there.

Grimes is one of the worst players we've ever had on our list, he's kicking isn't even VFL standard,Magners a better option than Grimes.

Are you a crackhead? Everyone potting Grimes here seems to have forgotten that he suffered a pretty serious injury which directly caused him to lose muscle mass due to not being able to work his upper body.

Before his injury he was in our best 5 each week, no doubt. You can't have a crack at him just because he is taking a little while to find his feet after an injury.