So if GWS hold onto theirbhalf time lead against the Pies...and then if they best us next week...we will be bottom of the ladder won't we? So...who wants Boyd now, eh???

They have to make up 1.8% on us, but yep, a possibility.

You'd still think Collingwood will run over the top of them in the second half, though.

No its trying to find an excuse for a woeful performance and IMO it doesn't stack up. if you are saying that they should have perhaps considered some young fresh legs from Casey, might be prepared to consider that.

It's not trying to find an excuse, it's looking into the reasons. One reason we got belted is because we're crap. Another reason is we're not a fit club. Another reason is because we were tired and couldn't run the game out. You put those together and you get a 120 point loss.

Rotating the side from last week definitely would have helped. Since it didn't happen, saying we ran out of legs is clearly a valid comment.

• Like 2

I didn't get to a tv or radio today, but got a score 20 points in the 2nd quarter saying we were 20 points down. I cannot believe this 122 point result. I am so tired of trying to be interested in the games this year, when I have more interest in ... well anything really.

Apart from 3 classy midfielders I cannot see any change in 2014.

Just returned from a very unpleasant trip with the kids to Etihad.

A Windy ,cold ,scrappy game turned into another display of umpiring incompetence in the first half matched only by our ineptitude in the second.

Sat opposite an old North bloke on the train home who was whinging about how the recruiters at North have stuffed his club by recruiting only midfielders.

All I got out of today is the knowledge that Max Gawn will be a star of the competition one day .

Also this zoning off in defence thing doesn't work

And we are a very ,very slow at all aspects of the game.

Left at halftime to go buy a train ticket from Xi'an to Nanjing, found a little street market and decided to give the second half a miss despite thinking we could still make a game of it. Turned out to have been a very good decision, might have smashed my computer if I listened to that.

Not saying I enjoyed it or we should not have performed better but sitting close to the fence it was pretty obvious we were done 5 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

Appreciate your efforts but I've never seen a 20 goal advantage. They would have had a light week on the track, recovery is all paramount at afl level. There are no excuses, no factors and nothing to warrant such an insipid effort by those players. North were coming back from a tough game against Brisbane then Carlton. You take the oval, you are right to go. Individually if you aren't right, pull out like terlich. They didn't look interested from the 2nd minute of the game after they scored the first goal. No intent, no spirit, no aggression and no desire. Where is the pride to be a competitor?

Dead set, mark neeld would be laughing tonight knowing that even though he isn't a senior coach's boot lace, it's not his fault players can't come EVERY week ready to prove themselves.

No excuses for CEO, coach, board problems, there comes a time when you just play footy. And collectively our players have not got the fundamental ability to do that.

• Like 2

It's not trying to find an excuse, it's looking into the reasons. One reason we got belted is because we're crap. Another reason is we're not a fit club. Another reason is because we were tired and couldn't run the game out. You put those together and you get a 120 point loss.

Rotating the side from last week definitely would have helped. Since it didn't happen, saying we ran out of legs is clearly a valid comment.

Ok you win , we are crap, unfit, tired and didn't pick a sensible side. Lets move on.

Can I send my tickets to melbourne and can they refund me my money back for that woeful performance.

I was not expecting that result at all today. My god we were awful.

But heres a message to the AFL. If you want us to play a home game at etihad can you please do it either against carlton or even stkilda or if it has to be against nth do it in the earlier rounds. That crowd was pathetic today.

Also it was shocking with level 3 closed. We were all squashed into level 1, no room to move, ridiculous for people with little kids who get restless easily and there is no space for them to move. It was a badly scheduled game.

I wouldnt even know who our best was. Jones as usual just threw himself in, sylvia played well, dunn kept Thomas goaless, Frawley did alright on drew and Maxy battled hard.

WE had good seats on level 2, seemed like north had midfield dominance all day, blease and trengrove turned it over too much

They touched the ball, lord weaver??

Yes...yes they did demonandrew, trengrove did a terrible kick on the boundary, missed its intended target and resulted in a goal, blease missed a number of targets on the run

Pederson did better than many, Blease was a major disappointment all that pace and he cannot seem to find the ball, or find an opponent to tackle to often. I would like to see him put into defense to learn some accountability. Jack T another shocker, he racked up stats but I thought it was a shocker still. I still do not understand the concept of having a spare man in defense, oppositions teams run off us and have our guys running back and forward trying to cover for the loose man they create. Damn stupidest game plan I have ever seen, we should be playing accountable footy, cover your man and stay with him. Was a disgraceful last 1/2 of the game, possibly one of our worst performances yet.

Pederson did better than many, Blease was a major disappointment all that pace and he cannot seem to find the ball, or find an opponent to tackle to often. I would like to see him put into defense to learn some accountability. Jack T another shocker, he racked up stats but I thought it was a shocker still. I still do not understand the concept of having a spare man in defense, oppositions teams run off us and have our guys running back and forward trying to cover for the loose man they create. Damn stupidest game plan I have ever seen, we should be playing accountable footy, cover your man and stay with him. Was a disgraceful last 1/2 of the game, possibly one of our worst performances yet.

No Pederson should be delisted

• Like 1

I was watching the game today imagining clark and Hogan in the forward line but even they won't make too much of a difference if we can't get the midfield clearances and get it in their hands

• Like 1

16.9.105 to 1.2.8 after half time, says it all really!

Hope the $$$$$ from the Darwin matches are worth it.

U can all but guarantee we will not win the week after and possibly lose badly like today after half time.

• Like 1

STOP MAKING EXCUSES.....NOW.

I love how everyone sees things black and white. Was today acceptable. No. Was the size of the result directly related to our previous two weeks. No. Did the previous two weeks contribute to the margin.In my opinion in a big way. Our midfield is crap on a good day let alone when they can't run.