• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

I tend to agree, as I'm more concerned over Aish's light frame than Kelly's.

The only alternative would be the Dom Tyson & pick 9 for pick 2 trade proposal, but even that is a longshot.

I think it's a pretty even deal, even though Tyson was pick 3 in his draft.

And I've seen some reports convinced he is ensconced in Sydney.

Shiel would usually be considered purely fantasy, but I hold out hope he is bent on coming back to Melb for Choco's daughter...

Ahhhh young love!

What about Bugg? He goes alright.....

I don't rate him as highly, but I'd take him.

Not for pick 2.

How about this?

I'm so frustrated with Bleaser and most of me wants him out but that X factor worries me.......similar to Bennell going. I'm worried that one day these players will rip a team a new one......

Knowing our luck, it'll be against us.

They might, but if it gets us to a better place, isn't it worth it?

We might hold onto them, and they might dominate for us in flashes like Sylvia...

Or we could learn from past mistakes of holding on in vain.

What they do once they leave us is largely irrelevant if you face the likelihood of what they'll do for us if they stay.

I'm really not happy with the notion of a bundle for pick 2. As someone else said, it should be used for quality, not quantity. There are a few really good prospects in the draft we could nab with this pick, and unless we are getting someone of that stature in trade, we should hold on to it and focus on second round picks to get a trade done. People have huge wraps on Aish, Kelly and Freeman, why should we go for someone who doesn't have that level of ability?

• Like 1

Only interested in dealing with GWS if it involves Dylan Shiel, otherwise no thanks. As had previously been said, to get quality you've gotta give quality.

We know that they want Boyd at 1, and are really fond of Scharenberg, well they need to rightly cough up something good for us.

• Like 7

The one dimensional dogma around Shiel is staggering.

It's not like we are missing only one 8+ year midfielder.

Happy with 2 x 90% of Shiel myself. Especially with less rotations next year.

I still think Dom Tyson and pick 9 for our pick 2 is a good deal for both. Tyson would be a very good addition to our midfield and we still have a pick within the top 10 to select another.

That Myers, Kommer and Zakarakis wanted out because of the drug stuff. The latter got talked into staying. The 'wants more midfield time' just paints Essendon in a better light.

Zaharakis was never injected due to a fear of needles and wasn't Kommer only drafted this season so was not there in 2012

2 for Shiel OR Aish/Freeman
21for Myers OR Zac Jones/ Cripps

22 for Vince OR Zac Jones/ Tsitas
36 for Lyons OR Battersby / Giles
54 for Michie OR Holman / Apeness
delisted FA . Cross
psd:Anthony Miles

Jesse Hogan

Clisby (rookie upgrade)

that's 9 on to the list

Sylvia, Davey, Rodan, J Macdonald, Tynan, Sellar, Gillies, Davis & (1 of Jetta/Nicho/bail) off

• Like 2

I don't believe picks alone will net the two Crows players we're keen on.

Pick 22 for Vince

Pick 36 for Lyons

Throw in Jack Fitzpatrick (not ideal)

Or

Tapscott

Deal done with the Crows.

That's over-cooking it IMO - 22 + 40 + 58 for Vince + Lyons + 48 ought to be a deal, with 48 on-traded to Freo for Michie.

AFL Trade Week Radio

Colin Young, manager of Essendon's David Myers joined us.

Question: If David got better opportunities and terms elsewhere, would he move?

Young: "If the Essendon FC were happy with the trade, he'd move. He would love to play in the midfield more regularly. David very could well be in the mix for a trade."

Sylvia compo pick. Myers has the potential to be our Josh Kennedy trade - big-bodied under-used mid. But Essendon's notorious trading difficulties - see their refusal to trade Crameri for 22 - and WJ's warning about Essendon's players are obstacles.

I'm not sure where the idea of Tyson & pick 9 for pick 2 came from but if we could do that it would be a massive win. He was good in his first season and unlucky last season with injury. We could then turn pick 2 into Tyson and Crouch/Freeman which would be a big win.

If for no other reason than having the pick before Collingwood

Lyons,

Vince,

mitchie,

zaharakis

& pick2.

That's should be enough to compliment;

Jones

Mckenzie

Watts

Viney

Toumpas

Trengove

Evans

Magner

Kent

Blease

Howe

Jetta

Nicholson

M.jones

Now it's up to Roos.

umm where did you pull Zaharakis from?

• Like 2

GWS have shown there hand too much.

We know how much they want Scharenberg and now we hold the upper hand given they need Sharenberg more than we need to trade pick 2.

Having said that, I wouldn't be suprised if the AFL are pulling the strings in the background - Making it their priority to help us with our pick....wink, wink.

Edited by Roosy's Bruisers

The priority of the afl at the moment is to convince gws of the importance of senior bodies being brought into the club.

Hence the doomed buddy chase, now shaw. I'm surprised they're not going for the likes of cross as well.

It's not a good look to have the newest franchise only capable of beating our pathetic mob.

At least gc17 have baby judas.

GWS have shown there hand too much.

We know how much they want Scharenberg and now we hold the upper hand given they need Sharenberg more than we need to trade pick 2.

Having said that, I wouldn't be suprised if the AFL are pulling the strings in the background - Making it their priority to help us with our pick....wink, wink.

Where have they shown "how much they want Scharenberg" ?

Please provide a link.

• Like 1

I'm so frustrated with Bleaser and most of me wants him out but that X factor worries me.......similar to Bennell going. I'm worried that one day these players will rip a team a new one......

Knowing our luck, it'll be against us.

I am hopeful Roos can make Blease.
  • Like 1